What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Concessions

89BUFF89

I get the game was sold out + but why are concessions still a cluster **** at CU games? It shouldn’t take an hour to get a water. They are pouring beers from aluminum cans into aluminum cups. Why aren’t there vendors walking around the west side plaza just selling waters or beers to speed things up. It’s embarrassing and AD RG needs to get it fixed. They lost a lot of $$$ for the university as well because of the slow sales. Rant over. On to Air Force.

The aluminum cups need to be only for soft drinks and draft beer. Pouring a beer into another cup added to the lines and makes no sense.

Why pour beer from an aluminum can to an aluminum cup? Makes no sense and it isnt even green!!! It is the opposite of green since it adds 1 more thing per beer to be recycled. Dumb

The aluminum cups need to be only for soft drinks and draft beer. Pouring a beer into another cup added to the lines and makes no sense.

Why pour beer from an aluminum can to an aluminum cup? Makes no sense and it isnt even green!!! It is the opposite of green since it adds 1 more thing per beer to be recycled. Dumb
I feel like they don’t want people being able to throw full beer bottles. Much harder to throw the cups. That’s the only thing o can really think of, cause you’re right, it makes no sense

Agree with above. Pouring cans to cups has to be about throwing things on field. That’s fine, but the aluminum can movement needs to be dovetailed with more draft beer/soda. If you are supplying your beer in reusable kegs, then you are really making an impact to your environmental footprint. The current plan has them spinning their wheels.

The thing to remember is that the aluminum cups are an innovation to replace plastic cups. So they're just a replacement for how plastic cups were used. Previously, they poured the beer from the bottles into plastic cups and that's the same operating procedure with the new cups.

It's a first step. I agree that the second step is to reduce more waste by getting away from the bottles and having draft kegs for most of the beer service. That would also improve efficiency on moving the lines faster.

We got rooftop passes this season and they only had the main bar with 2 bartenders. No mobile bars. We stood in line for part of the 2nd quarter and ALL of halftime before we got our beers. It was ridiculous...
And no food up there this time. We theorized this was on purpose topush is back to our seats

I bought chicken tenders about 45 minutes before the game. Only took a few minutes, but I swear the fries weren’t cooked. Awful. I’ll send an email about it. Food doesn’t have to be great, but keep it passable.

Agree with above. Pouring cans to cups has to be about throwing things on field. That’s fine, but the aluminum can movement needs to be dovetailed with more draft beer/soda. If you are supplying your beer in reusable kegs, then you are really making an impact to your environmental footprint. The current plan has them spinning their wheels.

Plus they can have someone just filling cups from the taps ahead of demand, instead of from a can as each order is placed - much more efficient moving the line along.

We got rooftop passes this season and they only had the main bar with 2 bartenders. No mobile bars. We stood in line for part of the 2nd quarter and ALL of halftime before we got our beers. It was ridiculous...
We were up there. My buddy got in line in the 2nd quarter, finally gave up. At halftime, we left to go back to our seats to switch up the mojo (I am taking full credit for the win by the way), and the lady right in front of him was still in line 6 people deep. That was 45 minutes from the time he first got in line.

I said repeatedly, besides needed 4-5 mini bars, they need to go to popular local bars and ask the working bartenders "How would you like to make $100 plus tips for 5 hours of work on a Saturday afternoon. Those bartenders on duty were very nice, but just absolutely terrible at being bartenders. Just horrible. Bad logistics plus inexperienced people is just straight up wrong and totally preventable.

I went to get water in the middle of the 3rd quarter on the east side concessions. Line didn't seem too long, but took dang near forever. When I got to the front, I figured out why:

They had over 40 linear feet of space spread across 4 windows. 2 of the windows had a pair of registers open on one side, which means they could have had 4 total. Possibly, more, but lets go with that. It means they had 4 registers open with room for 12. What in the bloody hell are you thinking?

I posted my complaints in the game thread but the concessions were a complete embarrassment. I had the same awful rooftop experience - went up there during the 2nd quarter, wife waited in line for 20 minutes before giving up and she was nowhere close to the front. Without food - pouring beers should be fast and easy, I don’t get it??

Pouring beers from aluminum cans into aluminum cups is stupid - I appreciate this is a first step but they need to stop that immediately, it takes too long and creates 2x the waste.

I missed nearly the entire 3rd quarter waiting in line for beer and water. And after waiting 30 minutes I had to drink a f**king Coors Banquet because it was the only cold beer they had left. Coors motherf**king Banquet.

They have to make some changes, just being a full stadium is no excuse.

All these issues seem pretty easy to correct - are they not hiring enough personnel or are they just poorly prepared? Sounds like mostly the latter.

Last edited:
No mentions about them running out of water? For ****s sake we couldn’t even get a water! How do they run out of ****ing water!

That’s Chewbacca.

On the club level, people were pissed and I don't blame them. No salt for pretzels? No condiments? Ran out of beer and water. Either this is a procurement Department issue or an Athletic Dept issue but it is embarrassing and has been so for far too long. Even the people working the bars and stands were sorry and admitted that they were not prepared.

One person mentioned that she was called in to test food back in August and it was amazing. She was assuming that that is what she was going to be getting. I have been part of CU community for well over 20 years and my wife is a prof but it truly saddens me that CU continues to F Up the small things and has since I was a student over 20 years ago.

Stop thee Mickey Mouse approach and make the game experience great for fans. Whoever is in charge needs to be fired like ASAP.

I agree 100%! Makes no sense to pour out of an aluminum can into a aluminum cup. The problem is that athletics don’t want any visible alcoholic beverages seen on TV, so they are required to spend the extra wasted time to pour into a cup.

So, is there any draft beer at Folsom? Or all beer is just in cans, which they then pour in a cup?

I’m coming out for USC game. I hope they have a better system by then.

It was pretty bad. I think I waited 25 minutes for a beer in the second quarter/halftime and that was the cash only line. Hoe does it take 25 minutes to get 25 people through a cash only line. Then I got into an argument with a nebraska fan that thought his time was more valuable than anyone else's and decided to cut to the front. He told me to "not be that guy."

We were on the West Side in section 104. My wife left to get a Whiskey Mule when the score was 7-0. When she got back it was 17-0. Not sure how long she was actually gone, because I wasn't watching the clock, hence me timing her in game score. It was ridiculous.

So, is there any draft beer at Folsom? Or all beer is just in cans, which they then pour in a cup?

I’m coming out for USC game. I hope they have a better system by then.
I feel like they have a little bit in Balch. But I'm not sure

Lines were horrid. I gave up and went to the roof. Friends on the 500 club level said they ran out of everything. Drinks water food. Etc.

I feel like they don’t want people being able to throw full beer bottles. Much harder to throw the cups. That’s the only thing o can really think of, cause you’re right, it makes no sense

They sold pepsi in a can to someone near me. Based on that I don't think they have fear of bottles being thrown.

On the club level, people were pissed and I don't blame them. No salt for pretzels? No condiments? Ran out of beer and water. Either this is a procurement Department issue or an Athletic Dept issue but it is embarrassing and has been so for far too long. Even the people working the bars and stands were sorry and admitted that they were not prepared.

One person mentioned that she was called in to test food back in August and it was amazing. She was assuming that that is what she was going to be getting. I have been part of CU community for well over 20 years and my wife is a prof but it truly saddens me that CU continues to F Up the small things and has since I was a student over 20 years ago.

Stop thee Mickey Mouse approach and make the game experience great for fans. Whoever is in charge needs to be fired like ASAP.

I'm not 100% sure, but the AD just picks a vendor, and the vendor handles the rest. Staffing, stocking, logistics, all of it. They just give the AD a large cut of what they make. So if you are disappointed, let the AD know and if they are not locked into a terrible contract, they may find a new food services vendor in the future.

They also rent space for local businesses so it is not 100% single vendor managed.

My wife and I may have seen you up there....

Our experience was similar and I sent an email to Rick George about it.

Here's his response:

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. I agree that our concession lines were unacceptable this past Saturday. I do apologize for the poor experience you had at the game. We will work to get this fixed before the Air Force game. We need to do a better job and are currently looking at ways to get that done.

Thanks again for your note and your support of the Buffs.

Respectfully,

Rick

I'm sure that is a canned response due to the number of emails he got, but it was nice to get a reply and acknowledgement that they weren't adequately prepared for that game. We'll see if it's any better this week...

Go Buffs!

My wife and I may have seen you up there....

Our experience was similar and I sent an email to Rick George about it.

Here's his response:

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. I agree that our concession lines were unacceptable this past Saturday. I do apologize for the poor experience you had at the game. We will work to get this fixed before the Air Force game. We need to do a better job and are currently looking at ways to get that done.

Thanks again for your note and your support of the Buffs.

Respectfully,

Rick

I'm sure that is a canned response due to the number of emails he got, but it was nice to get a reply and acknowledgement that they weren't adequately prepared for that game. We'll see if it's any better this week...

Go Buffs!

I am confident RG indeed wants it to better. Probably a matter of how quickly the right people can create improvement. Maybe fast, maybe takes a few games to a year depending on who is involved and resources available to them. The more RG hears from people the higher on his radar this becomes.

Back