What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Sadly I think we are headed for a fall with no college football.
Everyone seems okay with having 30k students and faculty back on campus in the Fall, but they're worried about football being the "perfect setup" for spreading COVID. Makes sense.

Who’s everyone? As far as I can tell, schools want to reopen to preserve academic and athletic budgets. Health experts have expressed much more cautious viewpoints.
Cal announced today that they will have limited in class instruction with most classes being online. Any food services will be take out only. All students will be allowed to take online classes. No reduction in tuition or fees.

Also, they will go to full remote classes after Thanksgiving.

Who’s everyone? As far as I can tell, schools want to reopen to preserve academic and athletic budgets. Health experts have expressed much more cautious viewpoints.
The voices for football being the bigger culprit seem to be louder than anything I've heard about cancelling on campus instruction and students living in the dorms.

Beaches across the country are open. Restaurants and bars are opening. Businesses are having employees come back to work. Mass transit is ramping up again. But dammit, sports with no fans must be played in a bubble to even be considered!! GMAFB

Cal announced today that they will have limited in class instruction with most classes being online. Any food services will be take out only. All students will be allowed to take online classes. No reduction in tuition or fees.

Also, they will go to full remote classes after Thanksgiving.
No tuition reduction would be a tough pill to swallow. I can see a lot of students (and parents that are paying) deferring enrollment, especially freshmen, I know I would consider it.

Everyone seems okay with having 30k students and faculty back on campus in the Fall, but they're worried about football being the "perfect setup" for spreading COVID. Makes sense.
I fear having students on campus. I think you have to try, prepare as you can, and be ready to call an audible if necessary.

Vector transmission is real.

The voices for football being the bigger culprit seem to be louder than anything I've heard about cancelling on campus instruction and students living in the dorms.

Beaches across the country are open. Restaurants and bars are opening. Businesses are having employees come back to work. Mass transit is ramping up again. But dammit, sports with no fans must be played in a bubble to even be considered!! GMAFB
Places that are reopening are seeing their COVID-19 hospitalization rates going up. Bad decisions being made in other sectors of society don’t justify making another bad decision in this one.

Places that are reopening are seeing their COVID-19 hospitalization rates going up. Bad decisions being made in other sectors of society don’t justify making another bad decision in this one.
And none of those places are going to shut down again. What is happening right now all over the country is actual proof that decision makers don't really care about COVID infections anymore.

And none of those places are going to shut down again. What is happening right now all over the country is actual proof that decision makers don't really care about COVID infections anymore.
I’m talking hospitalization, not simply positive tests. The states that are putting their heads in the sand will have to reconsider when their hospitals become overrun with COVID-19 patients due to their current mismanagement. Again, exisiting poor decision-making isn’t an argument in favor of additional poor decision-making.

I’m talking hospitalization, not simply positive tests. The states that are putting their heads in the sand will have to reconsider when their hospitals become overrun with COVID-19 patients due to their current mismanagement. Again, exisiting poor decision-making isn’t an argument in favor of additional poor decision-making.
There are states, as you know, with rising hospitalizations and rising positivity percentage.

Bad combo.

More tests means more cases. This should surprise nobody.
It’s not about tearing though, the concern is the growing number of positive tests since they got back. Even with consistent testing and quarantine it is still growing.

I was being sarcastic. I thought mostly empty stadiums in college and pro football would be the norm this fall.
no surprise, but I missed the sarcasm too. I read your post as "I thought it inevitable that a few big schools would open up games beyond 50% and after that most other P5 schools would follow suit"

Back