What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Class of 2017 – Signed

RSSBot

News Junkie

Recruiting Class of 2017 – Signed

Dante Wigley – DB

Just the facts … Committed December 1st … Signed with CU on December 14th … Wigley is a 6’1″, 184-pound defensive back from Holmes Community College in Goodman, Mississippi Rivals bio Scout bio 247Sports bio

What others have to say about Wigley … Wigley is rated as a three-star junior college prospect by Scout and 247Sports, but is unrated by Rivals. Wigley originally signed with Georgia Tech out of high school, but, after a red-shirt season, transferred to Holmes Community College in in Goodman, Mississippi. According to Scout, Wigley is the fourth-best junior college defensive back in the nation this year, and the 78th overall junior college prospect. 247Sports, meanwhile, rates Wigley as the 73rd-best junior college player overall, and the tenth-best cornerback.

At Holmes Community college … Played in all 10 games at Holmes Community College in Goodman, Miss., helping the Bulldogs to a 7-3 record and a victory in the 2016 Graphic Edge Bowl. Holmes finished the 2016 season ranked No. 7 in the NJCAA and the bowl appearance was its first in 28 years. He recorded 30 tackles on the season, including three for a loss and blocked one kick. He scored one touchdown in 2016, which came in a 63-49 win over No. 15 Itawamba Community College when he stripped an ICC receiver of the ball and raced 66 yards into the end zone. He had a team-high six pass breakups on the season for the Bulldog defense that allowed only 374.1 yards of offense per game.

With a red-shirt year and a year of junior college behind him, Wigley will have three years to play three at Colorado.

Wigley had other offers from … almost two dozen schools, though most were in Group of Five Conferences. Cincinnati and Mississippi State were two of the higher profile offers, with Wigley also reporting offers from schools like Louisiana Tech, New Mexico, Southern Mississippi and Troy. Out of high school, before committing to Georgia Tech, Wigley had offers from several Power Five schools, including North Carolina State, Boston College, and Mississippi State.

In his own words … Here’s what Wigley posted on social media upon his commitment: “First I would like to thank God, I am very blessed to be in the situation I’m in. This recruiting process has been very enjoyable this time around. I would like to thank all the schools that recruited me and to my family and friends for all their support. With that being said I am furthering my education and football career at the University of Colorado! #GoBuffs”.

Here is a link to Hudl.com highlights of Wigley in action at Holmes Community College.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back