What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Boulder Chancellor Finalist Announced: Dr. Justin Schwartz

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member

Currently an executive at Penn State

Also a PhD in Nuclear Engineering from MIT. So that is impressive. Looks like a lifelong academic.

Hope he’s not a total nerd
nerd dancing GIF

"Earth below us, la la la la......." Pretty Boulder-esque. And as I recall he had a MS in Chemistry from CU.

Last edited:
Given his history at other schools including Penn State, I am under the impression that he understands the importance of supporting the college football team at the school.

Currently an executive at Penn State
Weird. I could have sworn we were hiring him from Miami.

Exactly how much say and/or influence does a chancellor have on the athletic department? To me, his/her primary job is to manage the academics of the university.

Certainly, the chancellor wants athletics to represent the university well, but that should be the purview of the AD who would answer to the chancellor.

So, that said, I want a chancellor who manages academics, prioritizes students, increases diversity, keeps education as affordable as possible, and improves the academic standard of the university.

As for athletics, support the AD and don’t mess it up. Advocate for the AD with the regents and faculty.

Exactly how much say and/or influence does a chancellor have on the athletic department? To me, his/her primary job is to manage the academics of the university.

Certainly, the chancellor wants athletics to represent the university well, but that should be the purview of the AD who would answer to the chancellor.

So, that said, I want a chancellor who manages academics, prioritizes students, increases diversity, keeps education as affordable as possible, and improves the academic standard of the university.

As for athletics, support the AD and don’t mess it up.
The Chancellor has a lot of say

The Chancellor has a lot of say
How about admissions? I had a CU professor tell me that CU-B puts a lot of power in the Provost, unlike a lot of universities, and the Chancellor doesn't have as much power there as I'd think.

As for athletics, support the AD and don’t mess it up. Advocate for the AD with the regents and faculty.
So Phil was batting 0.0 against this list. How in the ever living **** did that douche keep his job?

The last chancellor veto’d firing of assistant and head coaches during his tenure.

How about admissions? I had a CU professor tell me that CU-B puts a lot of power in the Provost, unlike a lot of universities, and the Chancellor doesn't have as much power there as I'd think.
At CU, the Chancellor's are just below God.

Provost's wield a lot of power, but usually it is more to manipulate the Chancellor, not conflict

Back