What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

Pops in to see how the staff hires are going…
Whats Going On Reaction GIF by Travis

The 1993 season was not one of the most remarkable seasons in Miami lore, as the Canes would finish that year 9-3, finishing 2nd in the Big East Conference and ending the season by getting trounced by Arizona 29-0 in the Fiesta Bowl. Miami did finish ranked 15th in the polls however, and like nearly every season under Dennis Erickson, the Canes were in the National Championship conversation at some point in the season (if not at the end). The lackluster finish to the season did not prevent Miami from having some memorable games in the process, the most notable being their midseason tussle with the Colorado Buffaloes.

For those of you not well versed with the college football landscape of the late 80’s and the 90’s, Colorado was a legitimate program, winning the national title in 1990 and finishing in the top 10 nearly every season between 1989-1996. They started the 1993 season with similar aspirations to the Canes, but had faltered early, dropping a tough 41-37 loss to Stanford the week before their matchup with Miami. Still, the Buffaloes boasted a dangerous offense, led by quarterback Kordell Stewart, wide receivers Michael Westbrook and Charles Johnson, tight end Christian Fauria, and future-Heisman winner Rashaan Salaam. The Canes also had a few recognizable faces on their 1993 squad, including all-time greats Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp, as well as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Miami arrived at Folsom Field ranked 3rd in the country, while Colorado was currently 13th. The Canes were unfazed by the hostile crowd, storming out to a 21-6 first-half lead behind the arm of quarterback Frank Costa and the legs of running back Donnell Bennett. Following a touchdown pass from Costa to receiver C. T. Jones near the end of the second quarter, a bench-clearing brawl ensued between the two squads. Canes special-teamer Antonio Coley was blocked to the ground despite the kickoff going out of the back of the endzone for a touchback, and from there nearly every single player on both teams was involved in fisticuffs. If you want to relive the brawl, it starts at the 1:13:00 mark in the video below. There’s an awesome shot of The Rock walking away from the fight (a little foreshadowing?), and there’s plenty of individual players just diving into larger groups to restart the fight as soon as you think it’s coming to a close. Just riveting stuff. Don’t let anyone pin this fight solely on the Canes either, as you can see plenty of Colorado players instigating skirmishes in this video.
whatever GIF

not to drop a match in the gas tank, but there are some funny parallels between Prime at CU and Elon at Twitter

two guys with successful resumes and big egos come in and start clearing house. main difference is Prime has his braintrust with him and lots of goodwill in the industry to leverage. he also has a chip on his shoulder that is driving him to prove everyone what he's capable of and earn the respect of the doubters / generally treat the community with kindness (won't comment on Elon's approach here)

nevertheless, the wholesale wiping clean of the slate does give me a little bit of anxiety. you'd think you might want to keep a few folks around who have relationships outside of the football org, and at least know generally where to find things
Ok. I’m a big fan of compare and contrast approaches to almost anything. That said, when the differences wildly outweigh what is—essentially—a single similarity, the analysis becomes more distracting than useful.

To start, HCP is entirely a self-made man, not a silver-spoon ***hat from an uber-weathly family (and oppressive political regime) who lives by way of incessant self-promotion taking credit for other peoples’ work.

Then, the CU “company taken over” ASKED HCP to come in and turn a horrible situation around, while Musk undertook a hostile, entirely ego-driven take over of a company that was the pinnicle of its market and fully operational and successful.

Other than that….

not to drop a match in the gas tank, but there are some funny parallels between Prime at CU and Elon at Twitter

two guys with successful resumes and big egos come in and start clearing house. main difference is Prime has his braintrust with him and lots of goodwill in the industry to leverage. he also has a chip on his shoulder that is driving him to prove everyone what he's capable of and earn the respect of the doubters / generally treat the community with kindness (won't comment on Elon's approach here)

nevertheless, the wholesale wiping clean of the slate does give me a little bit of anxiety. you'd think you might want to keep a few folks around who have relationships outside of the football org, and at least know generally where to find things
The transitions are diametrically opposed.

yeah, prime is totally similar to a guy who inherited a fortune from a south african emerald mine and has been failing upwards ever since.

CU has been a laughing stock and was just “honored” as the worst football program in the country.

If coach Prime wants to go so far as to change out the cleaning crew, no one should bat an eye.

You don’t become as bad as they are without a losing culture being established and changing the culture almost always involves changing a lot of the people.
Not sure why we defend keeping ANYONE from this staff. Good, bad, or indifferent, they were all part of the rot.

Ok. I’m a big fan of compare and contrast approaches to almost anything. That said, when the differences wildly outweigh what is—essentially—a single similarity, the analysis becomes more distracting than useful.

To start, HCP is entirely a self-made man, not a silver-spoon ***hat from an uber-weathly family (and oppressive political regime) who lives by way of incessant self-promotion taking credit for other peoples’ work.

Then, the CU “company taken over” ASKED HCP to come in and turn a horrible situation around, while Musk undertook a hostile, entirely ego-driven take over of a company that was the pinnicle of its market and fully operational and successful.

Other than that….
1671190891564.gif

welp, it’s nice to have a solid miss everyone once in a while. just want to clarify I didn’t intend to suggest Prime was like Elon as a person (who I think is an entitled garbage human to put it lightly)

the biggest thing I wanted to call out is the heartless hyperbole some posters are making in saying that everyone must be fired, even the cheerleading coach (?!) and lower level staff should be out of jobs as a means of “getting rid of the rot” — these are humans we are talking about

anyways…

backing up homer simpson GIF

Last edited:
welp, it’s nice to have a solid miss everyone once in a while. just want to clarify I didn’t intend to suggest Prime was like Elon as a person (who I think is an entitled garbage human to put it lightly)

the biggest thing I wanted to call out is the heartless hyperbole some posters are making in saying that everyone must be fired, even the cheerleading coach (?!) and lower level staff should be out of jobs as a means of “getting rid of the rot” — these are humans we are talking about

anyways…

backing up homer simpson GIF
Good choice

Other than that….
Thanks for the politics in this forum, but since you started it, you’re embarrassingly wrong about Musk. He’s arguably the most forward thinker on the planet.

No. I'm assuming the media folks are part of the athletic department in general, not just the football team. Could be wrong.
Prime gets the benefit of the doubt (like any new coach would) on almost all decisions he makes at this point.

Back