What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart (August 29 update)

Lots to process from this. Two things I'll be watching closely. Van Diest and his recovery. Agree with previous posters that while there's no issue with his motor and potential, I'm concerned he fits into the Gillam mold of playing while still recovering. We know how that turned out. Next, MacIntyre. He's uber experienced. I get that. But he's also not physically up to the task, IMO. Strength is an issue. He gets pushed around. A lot. And is a liability as a blocker.

Lots to process from this. Two things I'll be watching closely. Van Diest and his recovery. Agree with previous posters that while there's no issue with his motor and potential, I'm concerned he fits into the Gillam mold of playing while still recovering. We know how that turned out. Next, MacIntyre. He's uber experienced. I get that. But he's also not physically up to the task, IMO. Strength is an issue. He gets pushed around. A lot. And is a liability as a blocker.

So this interview with Ryan sort of confirms what I said about JVD. He might not be physically able yet but he is going to fly around and hit people no matter what, no wandering around aimlessly. I will add that I heard he was a very very intelligent kid at Creek in terms of academics so I would not be surprised if he is picking everything up quicker than expected. This next week is crucial for him to try and cram as much information in as possible before school starts next Monday.

Losing Umu hurts DE depth with him listed behind Leo. Hopefully not a full season suspension.

Has Bennion completely disappeared?

Fisher not listed on the injury report.
Outside of the season ending injuries, no one is listed that didn't go into camp injured so you know they are lying. No way we come out of camp completely healthy.

Only real changes are Coleman jumping Callier for OLB#2 backup and Matthewes getting on as a #3 OLB. Also Stefanou winning the kicking job.

Only one that has me scratching my head is Isaac Miller. For all the talk about him, he is a third stringer?

Saw that myself.

Also, and this isn't news but the depth chart drives it home we are still a very young football team. OL outside of the 3 Sr. starters is almost all Soph. and Fr. LBs young, DL depth is young.

Only places that are top heavy with Sr. and Jr players are WR and DB and both of those we have a lot of young guys incoming. QB is all young guys, RB is the only spot that lacks youth. Bisharat the only guy on the chart who isn't gone soon.

Are we not expecting Fisher to be available on Friday?

That is indeed a young Football team. If (big if) young OL depth proves to be solid and we can get some JUCO help next year at Safety, DL and LB I'm feeling good about 2018

No big surprises. Hassleback is an unknown to me. But I did see his dad at an open practice a few years back....that is one large human being.

Damn hopefully not too serious. Should be a good player in the secondary for us.
He's been limited at practice and it seems like they just don't want to rush him back and cause it to linger all year. Hopefully he's full go the week before Washington so he has a chance to shake the rust off.

He's been limited at practice and it seems like they just don't want to rush him back and cause it to linger all year. Hopefully he's full go the week before Washington so he has a chance to shake the rust off.
off topic for this thread but I'm still not worried about the RMS after CSU-OSU game. I still think we win 48-27, are you worried at all?

off topic for this thread but I'm still not worried about the RMS after CSU-OSU game. I still think we win 48-27, are you worried at all?
****, man, I'm worried about the Northern Colorado game. I'm crazy, though. :D

As I started saying during the offseason, it's a rivalry game against a very veteran team that has the ability to score and an experienced senior QB. That's a dangerous spot. CU is more talented and should win, but CSU is capable of pulling the upset if they get some breaks and CU isn't dialed in.

****, man, I'm worried about the Northern Colorado game. I'm crazy, though. :D

As I started saying during the offseason, it's a rivalry game against a very veteran team that has the ability to score and an experienced senior QB. That's a dangerous spot. CU is more talented and should win, but CSU is capable of pulling the upset if they get some breaks and CU isn't dialed in.

NORTHERN CO IS A TRAP GAME !! JACOB KNIPP IS BETTER THAN KYLE SLOTER...:)

Is Knipp the starter for UNC this year? Kid was a stud in high school...

Yes. He started all season after game 4 of his RS Fr season, had good numbers, then got hurt in the first game as starter last year and was out for the season. Enter the backup Kyle Sloter. The Bears also look to have a pretty good true FR QB from one of the bigger Houston high schools.

Back