What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU equipment manager looking for historical Colorado Buffaloes football items from 1890-1990.

A family friend who is a third-generation Buff in his '60s has a framed bill of sale in his office from his grandfather purchasing a Model A Ford (or some other early car from the era, can't remember) from Fred Folsom, who was his law professor. Pretty neat, very random. It was hanging on the wall in his law firm office, which incidentally was the same firm where Byron White had practiced.

All I've got is a stained old sweatshirt...

A family friend who is a third-generation Buff in his '60s has a framed bill of sale in his office from his grandfather purchasing a Model A Ford (or some other early car from the era, can't remember) from Fred Folsom, who was his law professor. Pretty neat, very random. It was hanging on the wall in his law firm office, which incidentally was the same firm where Byron White had practiced.

All I've got is a stained old sweatshirt...
That's pretty awesome! A signature of Folsom is one that has alluded me. I'm hoping to do an independent study on Fred Folsom as one of my senior courses next year, I know Norlin Library has about 14 boxes of his personal papers and documents. Should be interesting. If you can get a photo of the bill of sale, I'd love to see it!

9That's pretty awesome! A signature of Folsom is one that has alluded me. I'm hoping to do an independent study on Fred Folsom as one of my senior courses next year, I know Norlin Library has about 14 boxes of his personal papers and documents. Should be interesting. If you can get a photo of the bill of sale, I'd love to see it!

Alas, I am in San Francisco for the time being, but my wife and I are (thankfully) returning to Denver by mid-2021... I will get a picture the next time I can but who knows when that would be. I heard tale while I worked at that firm (Davis, Graham) that the firm had a collection of Byron White's things, but those would be legal, rather than CU related, probably. I think he (White) gave lots of his CU stuff to the school. I would recommend the first half of "The Man who was Whizzer White", in which CU, of course, figures prominently. The second half (about his time on the Court) is pretty dull, even for a lawyer.

Fred Folsom Junior, who went to CU and CU Law was also an interesting person.

Alas, I am in San Francisco for the time being, but my wife and I are (thankfully) returning to Denver by mid-2021... I will get a picture the next time I can but who knows when that would be. I heard tale while I worked at that firm (Davis, Graham) that the firm had a collection of Byron White's things, but those would be legal, rather than CU related, probably. I think he (White) gave lots of his CU stuff to the school. I would recommend the first half of "The Man who was Whizzer White", in which CU, of course, figures prominently. The second half (about his time on the Court) is pretty dull, even for a lawyer.

Fred Folsom Junior, who went to CU and CU Law was also an interesting person.

This book?

1609882227683.png

A while back I had seen an image/scan depicting the stadium dedication game against Utah for Folsom Field (then Colorado Stadium) on November 1, 1924. This was only the fourth game ever played at what was then the "new" campus stadium which was a huge step forward from the small confines of the wooden bleachers of Gamble Field. CU was stepping onto the stage of big time college football. Originally I had reached out to some sources and was told that it was a colorized photo and had only been seen in reproduction format until that point. I however, recognized it as a postcard.

unnamed 11.32.45 AM.jpg

Well... I’m excited to share with you that I’ve tracked down an original copy of the postcard!

I was doing a little browsing on eBay and just happened across it as it was listed as being Gamble Field. Of course, I knew better! I was able to put in a bid on it and won and I have only confirmed two copies as of now. This is one of the neatest pieces of Buffs history depicting the greatest home field setting in college football nearly 100 years ago.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

It seems that each copy was hand colored individually and was most likely done with watercolor or pastel. After a bit of searching I'm excited to finally confirm the existence of this image and thought I'd share it to be enjoyed with everyone else!

Stay safe all and Sko Buffs!

Last edited:
I've got a yellow CU pennant signed by Darian Hagan, JJ Flannigan, OC Oliver and a few others. Just sits on a shelf.
I used to spend time at Ray's Pub, after it moved out to around 24th. Supposedly one of the regulars there, a carpenter named Rowdy, ran down Flannigan in the parking lot, after some kind of craziness occurred.

Came across these. They weren't mine but still kinda cool. 2 student passes from the 1990 season and then two sets of student tickets for the 91 season. If the OP has interest in these I could donate
1F6A2A55-A5C1-458D-B39C-C64C7AEAD19B.jpeg

Back