What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU feeling good after annual contest | By Patrick Ridgell © 2010 Longmo

RSSBot

News Junkie
BOULDER – The Colorado spring football game started Saturday with the gold team engaging at midfield in a traditional Haka dance, which warriors in past centuries have used to intimidate opponents before battle. Clearly, this wasn’t going to be your typical CU spring game.

More...

the haka dance was pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm hoping that someone comes up with a video on that from yesterday.
It was really cool.

Here's the pro rugby version - what is great is how deep the emotions are on the men performing the dance. They look pretty revved up and serious. You don't need to speak the language to know they are saying "we are coming for you and we are going to **** you up bad."

[video=youtube;o4rdmG8vZsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4rdmG8vZsc&feature=related[/video]

Yeah, I'm hoping that someone comes up with a video on that from yesterday.
It was really cool.

Here's the pro rugby version - what is great is how deep the emotions are on the men performing the dance. They look pretty revved up and serious. You don't need to speak the language to know they are saying "we are coming for you and we are going to **** you up bad."

Intense. But I'm guessing the throad slash at the end didn't make it to Boulder yesterday.

don't know if the slash motion was used, as the HAKA was done with their backs to the East stands, where most of the fans were sitting. We wouldn't have seen it.
The players doing the Haka were facing the opposition to intimidate them.

The black team lay down on the ground ... from where I was, wasn't sure if it was their response to the war dance or some kind of disorganized warmup.

haven't found video, but the Camera had a shot of the haka dance.

20100410__11dcsnot_500.jpg

Hawaii does this before their games. We had UH season tickets in 2007 and it always got the crowd amped up. It was also real cool lookin' since June Jones (and now McMackin) would give them time during practice to get the dance down.

If Beatty and Tau can get everyone on the same page, it'd be funny as hell if the guys pull this off in front of the Rainbow Warriors when they roll into town.

Back