What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has a new CB coach

A downgrade from Meat but another good hire. Young guy, Pac-12 experience, good recruiter. Why was this not the original blueprint for KD's staff instead of old guys and NFL lifers.

A downgrade from Meat but another good hire. Young guy, Pac-12 experience, good recruiter. Why was this not the original blueprint for KD's staff instead of old guys and NFL lifers.
Martin had a good run at UCLA and I'm sure he'll recruit really well at Oregon, but so did Chance. Chance's CBs were not a weak spot by any means. And neither was Martin's. If Gonzalez wasn't leaving, I'd be thinking we upgraded here. In fact, if Gonzalez isn't following Meat as we all assume, I'm pretty enthusiastic overall. I think Chance will do a solid job here.

The perception is likely based on the fact that he was traded by Lanning but consider that Meat has coached in the Kirby Smart defense (brought over here by the UGA coaches, which is the defense Lanning brings to Oregon and consider that Smart is an unknown to the Lanning/Tucker/KirbySmart tree and you can see why they go with Meat. But that doesn't mean Meat's an upgrade per se.

(edited to remove misinformation.). Meat was a KD hire in fact.

All in all, I think both are highly coveted CB coaches and KD did well to get Chance on board. Credit where credit due. I'm good with the last 3 hires (OL, DL, CB). What else we got here KD?

Last edited:
Seems like a solid hire. Maxie is mentioned in the press release so I guess that means he’s coming back,
Coach Mike isn't a Dorrell guy. Guessing he's the odd man out here. I believe his contract also expires as the end of the year.

I like this replacement CB coach. Good hire for sure. We are getting USC and Whoregon coaches not fired for performance but for D style fit so I’m good with that.

I guess coach Mike or Smith are out though. Otherwise KD can’t count.

Coach Mike isn't a Dorrell guy. Guessing he's the odd man out here. I believe his contract also expires as the end of the year.
Correct...Langsdorf, Maxie, and Michalowski all have contracts expiring on February 14th, 2022. Cook and Smith both have one year left on their contracts.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Could Gonzo come back

I like this replacement CB coach. Good hire for sure. We are getting USC and Whoregon coaches not fired for performance but for D style fit so I’m good with that.

I guess coach Mike or Smith are out though. Otherwise KD can’t count.
Gotta be Mike going to UO with Lanning. Really like this move too. Chance seems like a recruiter. My guess is the Defensive staff would look like this now-

DL-So'oto
ILB-Smith
OLB/DC-Wilson
CB-Chance
Safeties-Maxie

Martin had a good run at UCLA and I'm sure he'll recruit really well at Oregon, but so did Chance. Chance's CBs were not a weak spot by any means. And neither was Martin's. If Gonzalez wasn't leaving, I'd be thinking we upgraded here. In fact, if Gonzalez isn't following Meat as we all assume, I'm pretty enthusiastic overall. I think Chance will do a solid job here.

The perception is likely based on the fact that he was traded by Lanning but consider that Meat has coached in the Kirby Smart defense (brought over here by the UGA coaches, which is the defense Lanning brings to Oregon and consider that Smart is an unknown to the Lanning/Tucker/KirbySmart tree and you can see why they go with Meat. But that doesn't mean Meat's an upgrade per se.

Also consider that it is well understood that Tucker did not take Meat to Michigan State (Meat's alma mater). Tucker instead opted to lure Harlon Barnett back to MSU. After 2020, he promoted Harlon Barnett to coach the entire secondary and promoted Travaris Tillman from an analyst role to coach CBs.

All in all, I think both are highly coveted CB coaches and KD did well to get Chance on board. Credit where credit due. I'm good with the last 3 hires (OL, DL, CB). What else we got here KD?

Coach Meat was a KD hire, he never coached under Tucker. I’d rather have Meat stay at CU but I like the backfill with Chance.

Gotta be Mike going to UO with Lanning. Really like this move too. Chance seems like a recruiter. My guess is the Defensive staff would look like this now-

DL-So'oto
ILB-Smith
OLB/DC-Wilson
CB-Chance
Safeties-Maxie
If last year was a 5, this is a 6.

Back