What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has a new CB coach

Thing is, our assistant coach salary pool is damn good. One of the best things RG has pulled off. I think it's like a $3.5M budget. This is why I've been so frustrated by AC hires for years - the failures haven't been due to being poor, but to incompetent hiring.
Which is why I have taken the stance I have in the “rock bottom” thread. The administrative hurdles are there and stopping CU from being a major player in college football, but they have nothing to do with CU being a respectable P5 program that wins 6/7/8 games/season. Our hiring has been dog ****.

Hopefully a good one. Glad they moved quickly and got someone from a better program.

Which is why I have taken the stance I have in the “rock bottom” thread. The administrative hurdles are there and stopping CU from being a major player in college football, but they have nothing to do with CU being a respectable P5 program that wins 6/7/8 games/season. Our hiring has been dog ****.
Especially in this league. We all know USC (especially after Riley starts turning over the roster) and Oregon (even though Lanning needs to change the mindset up there a bit-Utah kicked their asses twice and OU ran all over them the other night) should continue to be what they are. That being said, why can't we have success against the other 9?

Why do you think that many of us lay the blame directly at the feet of RG? If he were smarter about hiring and stuck to his initial vision that led to hiring Mel Tucker, we would be a solid team.

I agree, but the rock bottom thread is mostly centered around the administration, not RG
The admin is indifferent, which isn’t great, but isn’t a major impediment, so long as we had a competent AD. If RG would’ve sustained fund raising and hired Tucker’s successor according to his original vision, the AD would be financially self sufficient and could operate a winning football team. Instead we have an overpaid and incompetent staff.

The admin is indifferent, which isn’t great, but isn’t a major impediment, so long as we had a competent AD. If RG would’ve sustained fund raising and hired Tucker’s successor according to his original vision, the AD would be financially self sufficient and could operate a winning football team. Instead we have an overpaid and incompetent staff.
Well, it can't always be the $$$, as UO, Texas, USC, FLA, UCLA, A&M and Penn State have shown! And it ain't always about the "Jimmies and Joes", (see Michigan, and again UO, Penn State, FLA, Texas, Auburn and A&M).

Timing, luck, consistency of approach and providence play a huge part, (Iowa, Wisc., Utah and UW ) if you're not Alabama or Georgia.

Way too many moving parts and the stars have to align.....unless you're Alabama or Georgia!!!

Well, it can't always be the $$$, as UO, Texas, USC, FLA, UCLA, A&M and Penn State have shown! And it ain't always about the "Jimmies and Joes", (see Michigan, and again UO, Penn State, FLA, Texas, Auburn and A&M).

Timing, luck, consistency of approach and providence play a huge part, (Iowa, Wisc., Utah and UW ) if you're not Alabama or Georgia.

Way too many moving parts and the stars have to align.....unless you're Alabama or Georgia!!!
This take is moronic.

TRUTH is always "moronic" to the immature, idiots of this world

Why, I bet you're still playin' Plandemic!! Don't forget your mask and boosters, Cletus!
Is that supposed to be a “dig”? Ad hominem and irrelevant to the topic discussed. Tut tut. This is the world that we live in, I suppose…

Back