What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

So who are the P5 schools that get screwed in this scenario?

Wazzu
OreSt
Cal
Arizona
BYU
****Baylor
TXTech
Houston
Kansas
KSU
OkSt
TCU
Iowa St
Northwestern
Indiana
Cincinnati
Vandy
Louisville
Mississippi State
Georgia Tech
UCF
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest
Virginia
Maryland
Rutgers
Boston College
Syracuse

I may have missed one or two, but biggest snubs here would be Kansas, Louisville, Arizona, NC State, Duke, and Maryland. And maybe biggest of all is taking VT over UVA - no way.
Agree. I think 40 to too low. my guess is 56

Relegation is an interesting idea and ive thought about it a lot. Like Nik Im doubtful it works in todays game. The idea is that you cant suck and cash the TV checks at the same time. Relegation is the penalty for that. Both promotion and relegation would add a lot of intrigue and excitement.

(Jens can correct me on this) Most of the stars in Europe have it in their contracts that they can leave if their club is relegated. The portal is like this for CFB already and you can see its effect in MBB. Clubs often change coaches at the moment trouble appears unlike American football. Clubs also have youth programs like the minors where they call players up. The best potential talent from the youth programs often gets loaned to other clubs so the player can get experience. Players are sold too. We have no well like that in CFB

For Relegation to work I think it would all have to be run by a new, detached, NCAA like entity where there would be strict rules. That body would make the schedule and also collect the TV money and write the checks. Money would need to be spread around as an incentive but the poor cant be super poor and the rich cant be super rich.

There would be only one very small top level of about 16-20 teams. Small is the only way to prevent recruits from being hoarded. Id suggest smaller rosters too. Anyway, They all play only each other maybe a game or two from lower division. The top 2 playoff for the NC. The bottom four playoff for demotion of last two. Maybe even the bottom eight playoff for relegation of the worst four so that its hyper competitive to get to and stay at the top.

Below that you have two regions of twenty teams with roughly the same set up. Top team(s) from each region go up. Bottom teams go down.

Below that middle section is the rest of CFB. **** me If I have any idea how to do promotion into the middle level. But the best teams down here can easily play up if their serious about good coaching.

It has to be set up in a way where a coach that recruits well can in two or three years promote up if they win. Injuries would obviously lead to relegation too but thats the nature of the game. All of this is actually counter to the University mission to educate and serve society. This is all just NFL light and the above just makes it worse.

Last edited:
Savage.

F3mLuOmagAAI7Mo

2025. Could be MWC. AAC also worth a look. Something could pop with the ACC. Could be looking at the new Pac-12. It's definitely best to sit tight for a minute. Big 12 is likely not the first mover on any more realignment.
Cal and Stanford would be to 5 B12 brands if added and in great markets.

Yormark stated that all talks with UConn and Gonzaga have ended.

Definitely agree that there's no rush.

Things can change fast with who is available and who has capitalized on their investments to warrant a move up from G5. For example, USF could be one heck of an add in a few years as a natural rival and travel partner for UCF. Big market, AAU, huge school, great recruiting grounds, has achieved at a high level in the recent past. Schools like UConn and UNLV could become successful in football within a timeline. SDSU could continue to achieve and grow. FSU could get a facilities project done. These schools all have more potential than many current P5s if they commit to making it happen.

Yormark stated that all talks with UConn and Gonzaga have ended.

Definitely agree that there's no rush.

Things can change fast with who is available and who has capitalized on their investments to warrant a move up from G5. For example, USF could be one heck of an add in a few years as a natural rival and travel partner for UCF. Big market, AAU, huge school, great recruiting grounds, has achieved at a high level in the recent past. Schools like UConn and UNLV could become successful in football within a timeline. SDSU could continue to achieve and grow. FSU could get a facilities project done. These schools all have more potential than many current P5s if they commit to making it happen.
And Tulane. You keep forgetting Tulane. Stop doing that.

And Tulane. You keep forgetting Tulane. Stop doing that.
not clear how much of your advocacy for Tulane joining the XII (or other power conference) is real vs snarky, but taking a moment to assume you're being at least partially genuine...
  • they'd be the second smallest school in a power conference, barely beating out Wake
  • I'm not convinced they'd open up LA recruiting anymore than Houston and other TX schools already do
  • smaller media market than Albuquerque

not clear how much of your advocacy for Tulane joining the XII (or other power conference) is real vs snarky, but taking a moment to assume you're being at least partially genuine...
  • they'd be the second smallest school in a power conference, barely beating out Wake
  • I'm not convinced they'd open up LA recruiting anymore than Houston and other TX schools already do
  • smaller media market than Albuquerque
Its not that deep. He just wants more excuses to go to New oreleans

Back