What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Because instead of every single one of those programs being middling programs in the SEC, they would likely be the cream in a “coast to coast” conference, while also making comparable money.

Again, this is an assumption that a coast to coast conference that includes ND would also garner around $100m/school, which I think is actually fairly reasonable.
In your scenario,

1. the risk is higher for those schools to form a new conference vs joining one of the P2. I.e. the SEC is gonna be just fine, 99%, but a new hybrid is a 50/50 .

2. The communication, legal, planning, etc.. logistics of coordinating a new conference is going to be a lot harder, more expensive and more time consuming than joining one of the P2.

Last edited:
My scenario is one in which the GoR is voided for some reason and they aren’t on the hook for paying the ACC. Instead of running to the SEC, form a conference that competes with them
Seems practically impossible at this point. The ACC is really screwed unless Fox decides to own the super duper league and agrees to pay billions in exit fees for the ACC. It just ain’t happening.

Something to keep @Buffnik and others occupied. ESPN and FOX decide to blow it all up and create four 16-team P5 super conferences, and four 16-team G5 super conferences. Each Super conference has two 8 team divisions. What does that look like? Go.NCAA_FBS_programs.png

How would we feel about the networks splitting the baby and working out a deal where OU/UW/Cal/Utah get added to the ACC and UA/ASU/CU and somebody like SDST end up in the B12. I get the B12 has a lot of schools that care about football, but it has the really strong whiff of a G5 league. Likely the best we can do though.

How would we feel about the networks splitting the baby and working out a deal where OU/UW/Cal/Utah get added to the ACC and UA/ASU/CU and somebody like SDST end up in the B12. I get the B12 has a lot of schools that care about football, but it has the really strong whiff of a G5 league. Likely the best we can do though.
Really feel like Rick George is pushing us into the B12 because he’s a Texas guy.

My assumption is that both the Big 12 and Pac 10/Pac 10 ACC alliance has numbers for Schools to look at. RG and PD are going to the regents with this info to decide the best route for the School and program. That possibly means something goes down next week. Friday night BOR meetings happen almost never

Bad Feeling I Anticipate Problems GIF by America's Got Talent

Really feel like Rick George is pushing us into the B12 because he’s a Texas guy.
His few years of work for the Texas Rangers do not make him a Texas guy. He's from Illinois and spent significantly more time in Boulder than he ever has in Texas. Also, I don't think he's pushing us anywhere, rather he's panicking and scrambling to find somewhere with a semblance of future value.

My assumption is that both the Big 12 and Pac 10/Pac 10 ACC alliance has numbers for Schools to look at. RG and PD are going to the regents with this info to decide the best route for the School and program. That possibly means something goes down next week. Friday night BOR meetings happen almost never
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I want the regents to overrule George and and push for the ACC deal. We’ve never had that kind of exposure before, not in the B12 and certainly not in the P12.

His few years of work for the Texas Rangers do not make him a Texas guy. He's from Illinois and spent significantly more time in Boulder than he ever has in Texas. Also, I don't think he's pushing us anywhere, rather he's panicking and scrambling to find somewhere with a semblance of future value.
Interesting. Thought he was a Texan.

I believe the current thinking of the ACC is that:
1. there are no members left in the XII or Pac that wouldn't dilute the conference value. i.e. there is no realistic path to a larger conference that can compete with the 2025 and beyond versions of the B1G and SEC
2. there is no need to grow for the sake of growth and no compelling reason for all conferences to be the same size
3. being a conference of 14 schools that #3 in revenue is better than the other options
4. adding teams west of the Mississippi will not add revenue commensurate with the increased costs

I think, and it's really hard to cut through what's real and what's bull****, the alliance that is being talked about is one where the 2 conferences essentially stay the same member-wise, but schedule a number of games annually against each other, plus a championship game that is played between the ACC regular season champion vs the Pac-10 champion, as well as some sort of joining of the ACC and Pac-10 networks.

It's all about football of course, but the Pac-10 could really get a boost in terms of basketball with some sort of agreement in that sport.

NOPE. Screw Cal.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I want the regents to overrule George and and push for the ACC deal. We’ve never had that kind of exposure before, not in the B12 and certainly not in the P12.
You don’t even know what the ACC deal is at this point. The theory sounds good, but unless it’s a $40-$50m/year/school deal, it might not make sense.

In that case, I think you see Stanford in the ACC with Cal and UU in the Big 12 with us.

So glad I’m on a two week vacation since this would be a killer for office work production in general.

I’m not worried about where CU stands at this point. Just get a better tv deal for the fans.

The avalanche are in a southern conference and are champions. **** it

Back