What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU In-State Recruiting 2019

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Really early here and we'll see a lot more names added. But as of January 15th, these are the 3* or higher rated players in the 247sports and Rivals databases from Colorado. (ESPN is worthless for Colorado this early in the process since they have no scouting here.)

247sports
1. Luke McCaffrey (4* - 90 grade, #23 ATH)
2. Ty Evans (3* - 89 grade, #5 QB-P) - Verbal to Colorado
3. Barrett Miller (unrated OT / high 3* composite)
4. Austin Johnson (3* - 85 grade, #17 OG) - Verbal to Colorado
5. Ethan Zemla (3* - 84 grade, #16 ILB)
6. Joshia Davis (3* - 84 grade, #46 RB) - Verbal to Colorado
7. Trustin Oliver (3* - 84 grade, #58 ATH)
8. Kyle Helbig (3* - 83 grade, #22 TE)
9. Drake Nugent (3* - 82 grade, #4 C)

Rivals
1. Luke McCaffrey (3* - 5.7, #37 ATH)
2. Ty Evans (3* - 5.7, #9 QB-P) - Verbal to Colorado
3. Isaac Townsend (3* - 5.6, unranked SDE)
4. Barrett Miller (3* - 5.6, #47 OT)
5. Kyle Helbig (3* - 5.5, unranked TE)
6. Joshia Davis (3* - 5.5, unranked RB) - Verbal to Colorado
7. Austin Johnson (3* - 5.5, unranked OG) - Verbal to Colorado

Some other guys to watch:

Billy Pospisil (WR)
Alec Pell (ATH)
Michael Lynn (OT)
David Hawkins (OLB) - 2A standout from Bayfield, CO (near Durango)
Noah Roper (RB/S) - 3A standout from Erie, CO (hudl)

Last edited:
Hawkins played here in Aztec this past September, I had no idea. We didn't go to all the home games though. Usually Aztec plays bigger schools in non district or league. Most of the time, it's teams around the Albuquerque area or in Albuquerque. Anyway, when the 2018 schedule comes out, i'll see if Aztec plays them again. If not, i'll just go to a Bayfield game. Pretty sure they play Durango yearly.

He looked intriguing to me. Where do you think he projects? What's the story, looks like he moved here from SoCal?
Highly productive player in CA. Profiles at 6’3” and by the time he gets to college, could be closer to 200 lbs. I think he could eventually warrant a Dmitri Stanley type recruitment.

Dang. Hard to believe we're looking at a kid from my old stomping grounds in Bayfield. I'm surprised it's even 2A now. I hope he gets a shot like Moeller.
Hell man, they won state in 2A. I didn't know that until I looked but they throttled everybody except for Durango, beat them 20-13. Everybody else they pretty much dominated. They didn't lose a game, 13-0. Get this little stat. Points for 506, points against 56. Lol, that's hilarious. I guess Hawkins is being looked at for LB, he likes to hit, he plays rb too though. From the film i've seen, it would definitely be LB though because of speed probably. He's gonna be kinda hard to get a read on, he's a man among boys. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

I had to look at it a few times because Aztec scored 21 against them and got blown out 48-21 at home. That leaves 35 points for the other 12 games. It made sense when I got to the playoff bracket. They had 4 playoff games as a 3 seed and gave up a total of 7 points lol. That was in the title game against La Junta. They shutout the first 3, first couple of games of the season too. For the year, they had 8 shutouts.

Btw, does Colorado have like an all star game for seniors or do you have to go the Stenstrom route?

Pospisil is a kid we haven't talked much about. The Pomona WR had 1,591 receiving yards as a junior. He was MVP of the 5A title game, too. Washington State just offered and I think we should trust a Leach offer at the position. CU needs to give Pospisil a hard look. Adam was ahead of the curve here, publishing a recruiting article a few weeks ago. LINK

Added Noah Roper from Erie HS to the list. Really good 3A player who I saw getting some mentions and then some of the guys on the 247 board were really high on. He doesn't have a 247s or Rivals profile yet.

Added Noah Roper from Erie HS to the list. Really good 3A player who I saw getting some mentions and then some of the guys on the 247 board were really high on. He doesn't have a 247s or Rivals profile yet.

I have the opportunity to see lots and lots of high school football and the two best Juniors I saw this year were Evans and Roper. Evans is good in a polished, personal trainer, camp circuit sort of way while Roper is just a plain, hard as nails, nasty attitude, tough guy football player. I couldn't believe Ryan Moeller didn't get more of a look out of high school, and I would put Roper at least a step above Moeller.

Back