What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Rank in CFP Poll - 11/1: #15

Where will CU be ranked in the CFP Poll?

• 12 or better

• 21 or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the Michigan game was a factor here-the fact that they only took control of the game after Sefo got hurt is why we're higher than I thought, and why Clemson (who hasn't been that impressive to me) is ahead of them.

Just gotta take care of these next four-Do that, and we become the team who ends a 9 year bowl drought with a trip to the Granddaddy of 'em all.

Sincere question... Would you rather make a good bowl game/great and win or make the playoff and get blown out?

Make the playoff and win.

Seriously though, I would much rather win the Rose Bowl than get ass-hammered by Bama in the Peach Bowl.

It's better for the program, long term, to go to the Rose Bowl and win than it would be to get destroyed by Alabama in the playoff.

Rose Bowl = 50,000 CU fans in the grand daddy of them all in front of a huge national TV audience against a team they can beat.
Peach Bowl = 10,000 CU fans in a very hostile environment in a game they are very likely to lose.

While the upside potential of the playoff is higher, I think we would be better served in the Rose Bowl this year. We don't have the horses to compete against Alabama. Not many teams do.

Re: UW

I just realized - Michigan isn't going to win in The Horseshoe, so if UW was to win out, they're fine. The committee isn't going to take 2 1-loss teams over an undefeated P5 champion. Which is what we should root for.

David Pollack is a mor....ally upstanding individual!!!

This just goes to show how much these guys talk out of their ass. He spent the majority of the show ignoring the reality of the PAC and then boom we're someone to watch. Also, when discussing the Mich game they talked about how it was competetive and then Michigan "put their foot down." No mention that this was after our QB went down.

Sincere question ... at the beginning of the season would anyone here have predicted (or did) that CU would be ranked as high as #15 in the first CFP poll? This is pretty amazing IMO.

Well... I put twenty bucks down on them winning the CCG in Vegas...does that count?

This just goes to show how much these guys talk out of their ass. He spent the majority of the show ignoring the reality of the PAC and then boom we're someone to watch. Also, when discussing the Mich game they talked about how it was competetive and then Michigan "put their foot down." No mention that this was after our QB went down.

Yeah ... I noticed that too. And I started yelling that at the TV despite being the only one in the room (or maybe because). But it pissed me off. And also no mention of the ST failures that kept UM in the game until Sefo went down.

If none of that occurs ... it would have been a very different game, and would be if we played each other now. Not saying we'd win it, but it would have been/would be a lot tighter of a game.

Then again ... if my aunt had balls yadda yadda. ...

Well... I put twenty bucks down on them winning the CCG in Vegas...does that count?

Before the start of the season? Well then ... congrats to you ... and I guess we know who will be buying the drinks at the Dark Horse at the post-season party!

Before the start of the season? Well then ... congrats to you ... and I guess we know who will be buying the drinks at the Dark Horse at one of the MBB pregames to celebrate our second national championship!

I think I actually bought it after the lammie game...oh, and FIFY.

We could still be conference champs and miss the rose bowl. We need some chaos to hit the top 10.

If we keep winning we'll be top 10 before the Pac12CG

Love this, but god it's making me ancy for a UCLA team I view as more like a talented 5-3 caliber side coming into Boulder. Hope our guys are basically ignoring this.

Back