What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Our low in 2012 was 76 yards against #14 Standford who had one of the nations best defenses. Next worse that year was 141 against Washington. I really wonder how far back you would need to go to get worse than 63 yards of offense. Powder blue days? Leather helmet days?

The gains and continuity of the Mel Tucker era was sooooo worth it 😩

This. The problem is who ISNT a mercenary? And are they worth it if theyre not one?

I also sometimes wonder if CU puts up some extra challenges thats known in the coaching community and makes it place to avoid or accept greater difficulty. Thus, what seems to us like a great destination, actually isnt. Tucker comes to mind. As do others that outright avoided us
Good point. I wonder…

I don't think Chiv survives the season. That being said, I'm having a hard time being mad at him. He's not the one that hired himself TWICE into a position for which he is unqualified.
I'm not mad at him personally; he's living proof of the peter principal.

He's been promoted to his level of incompetence.

I can even understand promoting him the first time.

I have a hard time with giving him a second chance, but maybe he earned it?

But... The second chance also should come with a very short leash, and if you don't have a backup plan in place in case he fails again, you're a really, really ****ty manager.

But... The second chance also should come with a very short leash, and if you don't have a backup plan in place in case he fails again, you're a really, really ****ty manager.
Taking everything in context….This is an easy mistake to make when the leadership of the institution doesn’t care about winning. Everyone’s ire is pointed in the wrong direction

RG has had a major blindspot when it comes to Chev.

This is the kind of game that gets people fired. I doubt it will happen, but it really needs to.

Well he’s here for at least 5 more years so the overwhelming odds are he’s going to be hiring the new coach. I am willing to give him another swing as I think he was on the right track with Tucker
He also allegedly forced Chev on staff. I agree he ain’t going anywhere, and frankly neither is Dorrell - there’s no way RG fires his own coach less than 2 years in. But a guy can dream.

Chev and Rod on the other hand, have to be fair game.

Back