What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

Biggest bull**** this year is that this team is young. This team had experience almost across all 22 positions.

Quinn Perry (3rd year here) and BLew are getting their feet wet. Everyone else played a good amount prior. Total bull****. The strength of this team was that it was so experienced.

Biggest bull**** this year is that this team is young. This team had experience almost across all 22 positions.

Quinn Perry (3rd year here) and BLew are getting their feet wet. Everyone else played a good amount prior. Total bull****. The strength of this team was that it was so experienced.

The SID deliberately selling that angle to ESPN is really something.

It's nice for them to be able to refer to Jake Wiley as a Freshman, even though this is his third year on campus. 2020 gave every struggling coach a "youth excuse"
Same with Marvin Ham, referred to as a "youngster" in one article I read. He has been on campus three years too. It isn't easy to get the media to serve up that kind of fluff. That is why I say Plati is the best young up and coming SID around.

Then who?
Without doing too much research because I'm busy, these are some o-line coaches being paid less than blocking sled lord and we could get:

Jim Michalczik at Oregon State making $425,000 (100k less than Rod) and they have the 6rd best sack percentage in the country.
Derek Frazier at Wyoming making $220,000, 10th best sack percentage
Nic Cardwell App State making a meager $90,000 so we could double his pay and still be at half of sled lord's (13th best sack rate)

I didn't look long and these guys might not even be that great, I didn't check run stats. But I can tell you they are better than Rodrigue for less and if someone really dug into the numbers, I'm sure we could find PLENTY of people making less than Rodrigue that would be massive o-line upgrades. This is a silly question, we aren't a G5 school. And 99% of the G5 schools have better o-line coaching than us.

Without doing too much research because I'm busy, these are some o-line coaches being paid less than blocking sled lord and we could get:

Jim Michalczik at Oregon State making $425,000 (100k less than Rod) and they have the 6rd best sack percentage in the country.
Derek Frazier at Wyoming making $220,000, 10th best sack percentage
Nic Cardwell App State making a meager $90,000 so we could double his pay and still be at half of sled lord's (13th best sack rate)

I didn't look long and these guys might not even be that great, I didn't check run stats. But I can tell you they are better than Rodrigue for less and if someone really dug into the numbers, I'm sure we could find PLENTY of people making less than Rodrigue that would be massive o-line upgrades. This is a silly question, we aren't a G5 school. And 99% of the G5 schools have better o-line coaching than us.
But can they make authentic jambalaya?? See you didn't consider that. That has to be worth at least $200 to $300k a year.

Honest question: Did Sefo as a freshman have as much difficulty seeing the open receiver as BLew is? And can anyone tell whether BLew is actually going through his progressions? (I know the O-line is playing a bad part in all this, but our O-line hasn't improved since Sefo either.)

Honest question: Did Sefo as a freshman have as much difficulty seeing the open receiver as BLew is? And can anyone tell whether BLew is actually going through his progressions? (I know the O-line is playing a bad part in all this, but our O-line hasn't improved since Sefo either.)
Sefo's floor was a lot higher as a freshman. His OL was somewhat better.

Sefo and BLew are doing pretty much the same thing, locking on to their receivers. For Sefo it was Spruce. For BLew it is Stanley. Pretty common for young QB's. I am not ready to give up on BLew.

Sefo and BLew are doing pretty much the same thing, locking on to their receivers. For Sefo it was Spruce. For BLew it is Stanley. Pretty common for young QB's. I am not ready to give up on BLew.
Not even close to giving up on BLew. The kid is a monster and totally dedicated to football. I really believe coaching has been the key issue getting him settled in.

Not even close to giving up on BLew. The kid is a monster and totally dedicated to football. I really believe coaching has been the key issue getting him settled in.
I did not take it that way. I think BLew has a big upside. It is coaching, it is also lack of OL. All the standard things you do to help out a young QB rely on a solid OL. Run the ball, set up easy play action throws, and after that a draw play here and there to keep the pass rush honest, require an OL that can force the issue, CU simply doesn't have that. It is tough to shield the QB and let them ease into a role where they have the experience to take the team on their shoulders later when they are running for their life every pass play, and a weak ground game.

Anybody watch Manningcast Monday night? So, so good.

In discussing Eagles HC who calls plays, they emphasized need for extended and quality time between playcaller and QB. Film early in week, install, QB room, early week reps, lunches, late nights.

How does this happen with Chiv coaching WRs?

seen the issues it causes on the sideline when D is on field, but I never really thought about the challenges this sub-optimal relationship causes during the week.

Really dysfunctional up there.

Anybody watch Manningcast Monday night? So, so good.

In discussing Eagles HC who calls plays, they emphasized need for extended and quality time between playcaller and QB. Film early in week, install, QB room, early week reps, lunches, late nights.

How does this happen with Chiv coaching WRs?

seen the issues it causes on the sideline when D is on field, but I never really thought about the challenges this sub-optimal relationship causes during the week.

Really dysfunctional up there.
This issue brought to the board numerous times by myself, Duff and probably others. Nice to see Manning agrees. I think Chev has largely ignored the WR group this year and they are being coached by a grad assistant.

What's "motion?"

Asking for a friend.
Dance Speedo GIF

Back