What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

Deion is a content creator and contributor to Barstool Sports. He is a brand promoter. He has been a sports analyst/commentator. He has been a mentor and life coach for athletes. He's a brand in an of himself and not unlike Peyton Manning, can likely do whatever he wants within media.
before I get flamed as a Sanders detractor: I'm a huge supporter of Sanders and want him to come to CU. I think I've been on the record with that position as long as anyone on this board.

now, media -- are we considering his grammar? I'm struggling to think of anyone else who made a career in media, with pay in the range of $8m/year, with such poor grasp of the language. He's a smart guy and could probably work on that if he wanted, but current state based on recent tweets would seem to be a real impediment.

Last edited:
My other theory is that he interviewed for both TCU and CSU last season and neither wanted him. He would get to face both next season, along with what will assuredly be a massive rating game against Nebraska.
You never know. But elite athletes tend to have that mindset of being driven to dominate anyone who doubted or slighted them. Probably not the reason he'd take the job, but extra motivation if he does.

before I get flamed as a Sanders detractor: I'm a huge supporter of Sanders and want him to come to CU. I think I've been on the record with that position as long as anyone on this board.

now, media -- are considering his grammar? I'm struggling to think of anyone else who made a career in media, with pay in the range of $8/year, with such poor grasp of the language. He's a smart guy and could probably work on that if he wanted, but current state based on recent tweets would seem to be a real impediment.
Aflac certainly doesn't agree with you, and he held positions with NFL Network, CBS and ESPN, so I'm not sure what you're saying is relevant.

now, media -- are considering his grammar? I'm struggling to think of anyone else who made a career in media, with pay in the range of $8/year, with such poor grasp of the language. He's a smart guy and could probably work on that if he wanted, but current state based on recent tweets would seem to be a real impediment.
Batman Internet GIF

He’s no Kardashian.

Without researching, he has been to Colorado before right? I'm sure he's played in Denver?

Shaq mumbles about 80% of the time on what is widely regarded as the best sports wrap up show "NBA on TNT". Couldn't find Shaq's contract details, but Barkley reportedly signed an extension with TNT for $100 million. Shaq's deal probably isn't as big as Chuck's, but Shaq and Deion are definitely comparable in their larger than life personas.

That's hilarious but it seemed almost like Deion was in on it or had at least okayed it. The reporter looks at the camera right before he says Colorado and the laughter seems a little over the top at times lol.

Last edited:
He played with the Cowboys in Denver the season of our second Super Bowl win. TD ran wild that day in a Broncos blowout. After the game Deion said it was a privilege to share the field with Davis.
Also played AAA baseball at Mile High

Back