What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Due we lose Tad?

MCskid

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, MSU, Texas, UNC, AZ, ND, ect., ect., ect. Lot of high profile jobs paying $4 million a year are gonna be opening up in the next month or so. These schools are gonna be looking for a squeaky clean coach that can win, especially places like ND and Duke that view themselves as being so morally superior to everyone else. The market for a coach like Tad, clean and can win, is going to be just a handful of guys, maybe around 5 or 10. Think there is a very real possibility we are gonna lose him, hoping his love of CO. is big enough to keep him, if not thinking Rodney would make a great coach for us.

giphy.gif

Way too early to even have this conversation
And it looks like there are going to be 30+ teams making the NCAA tourney that are not implicated. Tad has been to the tourney once in the past four years and hasn't won a tourney game since 2012.

Fair or not given what Tad inherited, there will be other coaches that will be more appealing to sell that they brought in a coach with an established record of success.

And I will be damn glad to keep Tad here.

I want tad to stay and I hope he does. I don’t think he would go to most of the schools listed, but the trickle effect is what could get him.

I think he stays, but RG needs to put more emphasis on bb. It’s better than it was, but I’d say for tad it appear to me Bohn was a better boss (for him, not the whole AD).

doo doo doo
dah dah dah

we are so clean mr. tide hides his head in shame.

eat tide pods, arizona and usc.

Tad strikes me as a “Create a Legacy” guy rather than a “Show me the Money” guy.

Tad wont want to go to any university where the AD allowed this to happen. Or go to a university that will soon be getting the death penalty. Thus he will be right here.

Last edited:
This conversation from the OP assumes that all the programs that get implicated are going to clean house and start doing things by the books. :ROFLMAO:

USC, for example, got busted for its HC being caught handing an envelope of money off for a player. They fired the coach, suffered serious NCAA penalties... and then hired frikin Andy Enfield. :ROFLMAO:

This conversation from the OP assumes that all the programs that get implicated are going to clean house and start doing things by the books. :ROFLMAO:

USC, for example, got busted for its HC being caught handing an envelope of money off for a player. They fired the coach, suffered serious NCAA penalties... and then hired frikin Andy Enfield. :ROFLMAO:

Its U$C. They got caught doing this in football long before this.

It seems to me, tell me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that Tad has been a bit unlucky in that the Buffs seem to have had an inordinate number of injuries to key players. Or, in the case of Battey, a ridiculous decision by the NCAA.

It seems to me, tell me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that Tad has been a bit unlucky in that the Buffs seem to have had an inordinate number of injuries to key players. Or, in the case of Battey, a ridiculous decision by the NCAA.
Spencer's knee and J40's back were season killers.

I think Tad is pretty happy in Boulder. He also knows that with this group of freshmen and a couple of quality sophomores his prospects for the next couple years are bright. Not a lot of reason for him to leave.

It wouldn't be a great surprise though is some school, embarrassed by the negative attention of having their program outed by the FBI and having a governing board that wants to restore a solid image doesn't go looking for the guy who called out the cheaters and throw a bunch of money at him.

Not saying Tad would take it but don't think his name won't come up. Some schools still value their image over winning, but would much prefer both.

I do not think that all the schools listed are going to be firing their coach. Some of the coaches mean to much to their programs. Sure, legends do get fired. Pitino is a legend, but paid strippers in recruiting when he already was caught doing some shady personal things got him the boot. I will admit to being surprised that Miller didn't coach against Oregon, but let's wait to see what actually comes about with that. Miller also is not on par with Pitino. I really don't think K, Izzo, Williams, and Self are going anywhere.

Back