What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Due we lose Tad?

So what's the deal with Miller's scholly? Battey update? Is Strating really on scholarship?

Very impressed with where Walton is now. So athletic and skilled. Learning how to play among the big boys.
Nikolic is also really blossoming. He's playing all the key minutes down the stretch. He is a heady player and I think he can do a lot more than he's shown. Bey is a stud in the making and Kin Wright is going to be the top PG in the league next year.

So what's the deal with Miller's scholly? Battey update? Is Strating really on scholarship?

Very impressed with where Walton is now. So athletic and skilled. Learning how to play among the big boys.
Nikolic is also really blossoming. He's playing all the key minutes down the stretch. He is a heady player and I think he can do a lot more than he's shown. Bey is a stud in the making and Kin Wright is going to be the top PG in the league next year.

Strating looks like a miss right now but I wouldn't write him off yet. His background may have slowed down his adjustment. If Tad believes he can come around and be a quality player I'm willing to give him that shot.

Walton looks like a real player, not just a guy who is tall. He is still figuring out what he can do at this level but having a talented player that big who doesn't get in the way of running your offense and defense is huge.

This team has a very bright future.

Strating looks like a miss right now but I wouldn't write him off yet. His background may have slowed down his adjustment. If Tad believes he can come around and be a quality player I'm willing to give him that shot.

Walton looks like a real player, not just a guy who is tall. He is still figuring out what he can do at this level but having a talented player that big who doesn't get in the way of running your offense and defense is huge.

This team has a very bright future.
I don't have any confidence in Strating developing as a player. To me, he seems about 3 or 4 inches too short to be effective with what he brings to the game.

I don't have any confidence in Strating developing as a player. To me, he seems about 3 or 4 inches too short to be effective with what he brings to the game.

It's very possible you are right. Tad has missed before on Euros.

He is a Buff though and a freshman. This is the first year he cost us a scholarship.

The European equivalents of HS and AAU ball are very different in style than what American kids deal with. If Tad is convinced he can be a quality player for us I'm just saying I wouldn't write him off yet.

He does need to step it up though if he is going to contribute. With the rest of his class and quality guys ahead and assuming coming in after he will have to earn his way off the benchl

I predict we see very few (if any) firings of head coaches at major programs. Assistants are easy ... low profile and then the school can claim they're "cleaning house."

Miller may be the only one ... and even that is not a given at this point.

And, once again, they haven't been found guilty of anything under NCAA investigations. The big programs can handle the PR storm. You think Kentucky cares that people are chanting "F-B-I" at them?

I predict we see very few (if any) firings of head coaches at major programs. Assistants are easy ... low profile and then the school can claim they're "cleaning house."

Miller may be the only one ... and even that is not a given at this point.

Depends on your definition of the phrase major program. Could I see Southern Cal moving on from Andy Enfield because of this? Sure. Would this lead to changes at Kansas or North Carolina? No.

Depends on your definition of the phrase major program. Could I see Southern Cal moving on from Andy Enfield because of this? Sure. Would this lead to changes at Kansas or North Carolina? No.
I'd put USC in that category (just on general school prestige, not hoops pedigree of course) ... and I'd bet Enfield stays. He's survived thus far, they fired an assistant, in their mind, they've cleaned house. Especially if they get into the tourney.

I'd put USC in that category (just on general school prestige, not hoops pedigree of course) ... and I'd bet Enfield stays. He's survived thus far, they fired an assistant, in their mind, they've cleaned house. Especially if they get into the tourney.

Fair, but I think this latest leak turned the temperature back up on his seat-Between the Bland news and three of their players IIRC involved in this, I'm not sure if he survives.

I think that the issues identified in the recent publicity fall into two categories ... outright violations involving the Universities (like paying players to come to the program or booster subsidies after arriving) ... and stuff that goes on between players and agents without the knowledge of anyone connected with the University. It seems to me that some, if not a lot, of what was posted fell into the latter category. In these latter cases, I believe that there will be no punishment to the Universities ... and I would bet that applies to more than half of what was posted ... especially at places like Duke where they know better than taking a risk on a single player when they have so much quality by virtue of their record an coaching reputation.

It will also be interesting to see how the Miller situation plays out at Arizona. The assertion in the article was that he was caught on wiretap discussing a $100K payment. This would seem as a lock that he be fired. Yet, I noted in his comments last weekend that he said something like his innocence would be proven. If the reports are true, this is surely one of the most arrogant statements on record. How in the hell could that happen? Maybe there is more to come on this one too.

giphy.gif

De due due due, de da da da. Is all I want to say to you.

The difference this time compared to the others is that the NCAA isn't the one driving this, neither is it some college administration or some media outlet.

This is the FBI doing the investigation, they pass their finding on to the Department of Justice. Does anyone think that some Washington DOJ prosecutor cares one bit if Kansas or Southern Cal or Arizona or Texas win a bunch of basketball games? This is about if the FBI decides and the prosecutors decide if they want to build their fame by taking down some celebrities.

The NCAA will do everything they can to prevent disruption of the programs that bring in the money but it won't matter if these coaches are spending highly publicized weeks in an open court with a jury listening to the wire taps and hearing about the thousands of dollars changing hands to deliver players.

It will be very difficult for the schools to justify these guys around if the convictions start coming in. After the first couple convictions we may see a lot of these guys taking the deal to keep themselves out of the public eye of court and to avoid the risk of having a judge sentence them.

And this doesn't even take into account what happens when the IRS starts to sink their teeth in. Again does the IRS care if somebody is the coach of a big name program?

This whole thing depends on how far the feds decide to take it and the local boosters have no control over that.

The difference this time compared to the others is that the NCAA isn't the one driving this, neither is it some college administration or some media outlet.

This is the FBI doing the investigation, they pass their finding on to the Department of Justice. Does anyone think that some Washington DOJ prosecutor cares one bit if Kansas or Southern Cal or Arizona or Texas win a bunch of basketball games? This is about if the FBI decides and the prosecutors decide if they want to build their fame by taking down some celebrities.

The NCAA will do everything they can to prevent disruption of the programs that bring in the money but it won't matter if these coaches are spending highly publicized weeks in an open court with a jury listening to the wire taps and hearing about the thousands of dollars changing hands to deliver players.

It will be very difficult for the schools to justify these guys around if the convictions start coming in. After the first couple convictions we may see a lot of these guys taking the deal to keep themselves out of the public eye of court and to avoid the risk of having a judge sentence them.

And this doesn't even take into account what happens when the IRS starts to sink their teeth in. Again does the IRS care if somebody is the coach of a big name program?

This whole thing depends on how far the feds decide to take it and the local boosters have no control over that.

I would have said the same thing about the Texas Legislature caring about Baylor, but Baylor is in the Big 12 right?

Back