What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Early signing killed NSD...

leftybuff

Unreconstructed Luddite
Club Member
this year. Not that I mind that much, CU did well on the recruiting trail, but still.....

It’s just the new reality and we will eventually adapt. However basketball signing days don’t move the needle and maybe football will become similar.

CU needs to be in on the big recruits who wait until NSD. Shows how average this recruiting cycle was. Personaly I think a lot of these kids were under rated by 247 and Rivals. Financial restrictions really showed.

I love it, but it sure does make yesterday less climatic. Think CU has played it pretty well.

On the Pac Network Signing Day Special (PNSDS), Mac said he’d prefer July and February. July would come at the end of the summer evaluation period and before the season. I think it makes a lot of sense.

On the Pac Network Signing Day Special (PNSDS), Mac said he’d prefer July and February. July would come at the end of the summer evaluation period and before the season. I think it makes a lot of sense.

It makes a lot of sense to MM because he dislikes recruiting during the season, but not sure it makes sense otherwise.

It makes a lot of sense to MM because he dislikes recruiting during the season, but not sure it makes sense otherwise.
That’s true but I don’t think it’s really debatable that July would be a ton better than December.

That’s true but I don’t think it’s really debatable that July would be a ton better than December.

Why is it better to make players sign earlier?

If anything, moving the second signing period to March or April makes more sense.

Why is it better to make players sign earlier?

If anything, moving the second signing period to March or April makes more sense.
December is just a dumb time to have the early signing period. Teams are in bowl games, coaching changes are far from complete. I think March or April makes a lot of sense too I am just saying if they are going to do an early one July is better than December. After seeing it all play out I actually think adding an early signing period was sort of dumb, February was fine.

December is just a dumb time to have the early signing period. Teams are in bowl games, coaching changes are far from complete. I think March or April makes a lot of sense too I am just saying if they are going to do an early one July is better than December. After seeing it all play out I actually think adding an early signing period was sort of dumb, February was fine.
I think the kids liked the early period. Eases thier mind before the holidays and winter break. Because of the things you mentioned, coaches aren’t out in force trying to flip guys.

Isn't this an advantage for CU?

I think the kids liked the early period. Eases thier mind before the holidays and winter break. Because of the things you mentioned, coaches aren’t out in force trying to flip guys.
Kids like signing a full ride scholarship lol, it’s a dead period over break anyways so it’s not like coaches are trying to get in their face about things. If it was before the season players could sign, play their ass off their senior year and not have to worry about injuries or visits or anything like that.

I like July/February and I like December/May. I see the arguments for each. What I don't like is December/February.

I like the early signing period as well. July/February seems to make the most sense to me. Right before fall practices and right after bowl season.

Yeah but he can fill up most of the class,

With low to mid 3 stars. The rest of the pac 12 will be envious.

Back