What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
EB will be an NFL Head Coach this year for sure in my opinion!

My speculation on where he goes is as follows:

#1 = Texans
#2 = Lions
#3 = Falcons
#4 = Jets
#5 = CHARGERS (I think a dream job for him if they fire Lynn)
Other options???

I would put most of the money on Texans!!!

The Lions are allegedly scheduling an interview. I hope he takes the job and turns them around. He’d be a legend.
No QB that fits his style, and a roster that is pretty short on talent. I have always liked the Lions, especially due to Barry Sanders, but they seem to just always struggle. if they could draft a QB like Fields, maybe, but who knows.

Deshaun Watson would fit right into what EB wants to do on offense!

I think the Chargers would be the best job that comes open.
If I were the Chargers, I would fire Lynn and hire EB in order to know how the Chiefs do what they do, and with a new franchise QB, killer stadium, and a team EB played for and a part of the country he loves, it would be epic for them and sad for all of us Broncos fans.

No QB that fits his style, and a roster that is pretty short on talent. I have always liked the Lions, especially due to Barry Sanders, but they seem to just always struggle. if they could draft a QB like Fields, maybe, but who knows.

His style? No one knows what that is. He didn't devise this KC offense.

His style? No one knows what that is. He didn't devise this KC offense.
Does not matter if he devised it, it is the new standard for NFL offenses! He knows how it works, and obviously he needs a QB that can run something like it, and he would have that at the Texans and Chargers.

Any coach that thinks their scheme > their personnel is asking for trouble though.

Met EB at the recruiting lunch in 2012. Awesome dude. I'll be rooting my ass off for him to get another ring and for whatever team hires him.

In the spirit of this thread, 1) Texans, 2) Chargers, 3) Lions.

Any coach that thinks their scheme > their personnel is asking for trouble though.
Everything is flexible, but EB now knows what works well in the NFL, and while it is still QB driven, the core of what he wants to run, with all the window dressing and eye candy is gonna be in the playbook! He needs a mobile accurate QB and he needs a big good TE. Texans and Chargers are built for him to run a great offense.

I think Texans would be the team especially with Watson at QB. Lions have Stanford but for how much longer? Jets might have to hold on to Darnold a little longer. Falcons could be appealing since EV would be able to draft Ryan’s replacement. Chargers would be a good one but we don’t need another two automatic losses within the division.

My choice: TEXANS!

Everything is flexible, but EB now knows what works well in the NFL, and while it is still QB driven, the core of what he wants to run, with all the window dressing and eye candy is gonna be in the playbook! He needs a mobile accurate QB and he needs a big good TE. Texans and Chargers are built for him to run a great offense.
Is Mahomes going with him?

Is Mahomes going with him?
Of course not. EB has to escape the large shadow of Andy Reid and has to actually call the plays, but his on the job training has been the best possible. Mahomes and Reid have been epic and that expectation will also haunt EB until he has his own success. Watson wants him badly in Houston, so the willingness is there if a good GM is found to mesh with EB.

I would be hesitant to consider him for a position as a OC nevermind as a HC. He’s been in a position where he was responsible for an offense once in his career and called a QB sneak on first down. Piggybacking with Reid and Mahomes doesn’t impress me much.

I would be hesitant to consider him for a position as a OC nevermind as a HC. He’s been in a position where he was responsible for an offense once in his career and called a QB sneak on first down. Piggybacking with Reid and Mahomes doesn’t impress me much.
Lol

Not a currently effective take! 8+ years old!!! He is ready

People learn from their mistakes. EB has, in my opinion, earned the right to take the next step in his career.

I am a huge EB fan. I wonder about each of those teams and their respective organizations. All of them have had good coaches come on and years of mediocrity to outright poor performance ensue. If he waits a year, will something better arise? Jets and Lions are a hard no. Atlanta, maybe? He has a very good thing going now, and can afford to be selective.

I am a huge EB fan. I wonder about each of those teams and their respective organizations. All of them have had good coaches come on and years of mediocrity to outright poor performance ensue. If he waits a year, will something better arise? Jets and Lions are a hard no. Atlanta, maybe? He has a very good thing going now, and can afford to be selective.
Disagree. There are only about 5-6 jobs open in any given year and a lot of coaches who want them. He should focus on finding a good fit, but choosing to remain in KC if he has HC offers on the table would be a huge mistake IMO.

Houston is clearly the best job out there with Watson. San Diego would be nice too.

edit: LA
Houston just doesn't have much else beyond Watson, though, and with no 1st or 2nd round picks this year, there won't be much of an influx of talent. Their cap situation isn't good either and JJ Watt has possibly played his last game for them. I think that job has a ton of red flags and would be best suited for a veteran head coach who is going to get a longer leash.

Houston just doesn't have much else beyond Watson, though, and with no 1st or 2nd round picks this year, there won't be much of an influx of talent. Their cap situation isn't good either and JJ Watt has possibly played his last game for them. I think that job has a ton of red flags and would be best suited for a veteran head coach who is going to get a longer leash.
Yes but Watson is a freak

I get that Houston put up big passing numbers but it seems like Atlanta would be an equally good option with Matt Ryan and a good group of receivers. Talk about a team that has underachieved since blowing that Super Bowl a few years ago. And the NFC South will be there for the taking with Brees retiring, Brady nothing great anymore and the Panthers in full rebuild mode. Granted the AFC South isn't anything great either.

Back