What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite coaches (besides Tad)?

fwiw, I like UCLA's Mick Cronin & his brand of hoops a lot. I'm sure I'll learn to hate him
Mick and Tad have very similar styles rebounding, defense, relying on veterans, and players knowing their roles. Every interview I've heard from Mick to he's just a really cool guy. Son of a coach, loves teaching life skills as much as ball skills and now he has resources and the ability to recruit players at UCLA he never could have landed at Cincy. He's already recruited a couple 5 stars at UCLA. As much as I hate to say this having UCLA as a perennial top 10 team again will only help the PAC as a whole. This conference needs Arizona and UCLA to be good every year.

I will forever love Jim Boeheim for the amazing feat of getting 17,700 jayhawk fans to shut the **** up at the same time.
Despite playing in front of a pro-Kansas sellout crowd of 17,074 at McNichols Arena, Syracuse (28-8) used a physical 2-3 zone to limit the Jayhawks to only 16% three-point shooting and withstood four missed foul shots in the final minute and a late Kansas run to become the Big East’s first Final Four team since Seton Hall in 1989.

He further cemented his place with this masterpiece.
1614226323055.jpeg
And finally this
"Without Gerry McNamara, we wouldn't have won 10 (bleeping) games this year, " Boeheim continued. "OK? Not 10. The other guys just aren't ready. They needed him. Without him there, not 10. We wouldn't be here to even have a chance to play this game. And everybody's talking to me and writing about Gerry McNamara being overrated? That's the most (bleep) thing I've seen in 30 years — and especially if it comes from our people in our papers.
I know lots of people hate him and think he is a scumbag and they are probably right. But I don’t give a ****. That night in mchnichols forged my eternal love for college basketball and hate for the Jayhawks and it was Beoheim who is responsible.

Good thread. Underrated is Byron Smith at Prairie View. If they get in I bet they cover vs the 1 seed in the opening round. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are tied or close at the half at all. They are good and have Big Ten transfers starting. Don’t sleep on PVAM!! I think Danny Hurley is going to get UCONN back to powerhouse status. Matt Painter and the Boilermakers are going to be loaded next year. Needs a change:...Mike Brey Notre Dame. They both need a parting. Worst? I think Hoiberg is terrible. Weird fit? Mike Anderson at St John’s but if they get another player it just might start to work. Pikiell is doing a solid job at Rutgers and he is perfect for them. Anonymous: Pitt and Boston College. What the hell happened to those programs once they joined the ACC you never hear anything, it’s like they don’t exist. Hey, I remember him: Donyell Marshall at CCSU and Shaheen Holloway at St Peters. Also, Will Boehiem coach into his 80s??? 😳

Coming back here to say I am starting to love Moke Boynton at Oklahoma St. Hard not to like the product the Cowboys have put out there the last couple weeks. Coaches with a ton of emotion.

Which coaches are your favorites around the country?

Mine would be:

Chris Beard - TTU (gets more out of his talent than anyone, always has gritty teams - probably the guy more than anyone who would win big anywhere)

Ed Cooley - Providence (tough teams that always seem to peak at the right time, really interesting offense with angle passing inside 15 feet we don't see much these days)

Jay Wright - Villanova (love the way he coaches offense & think he changed the college game, just fun team to watch & he's as cool as it gets)
Hundred percent with you on Wright. Seems a class guy and great coach.

His formula has changed college ball. One wide body , one point and three combos, with all but the wide body, good three point shooters.
Nova's win against the Dirt Thieves two years ago was a classic display of how it works.

Coming back here to say I am starting to love Moke Boynton at Oklahoma St. Hard not to like the product the Cowboys have put out there the last couple weeks. Coaches with a ton of emotion.

The bs Okie Stat investigation appeal nixes this one for me

Mick and Tad have very similar styles rebounding, defense, relying on veterans, and players knowing their roles. Every interview I've heard from Mick to he's just a really cool guy. Son of a coach, loves teaching life skills as much as ball skills and now he has resources and the ability to recruit players at UCLA he never could have landed at Cincy. He's already recruited a couple 5 stars at UCLA. As much as I hate to say this having UCLA as a perennial top 10 team again will only help the PAC as a whole. This conference needs Arizona and UCLA to be good every year.

I agree here. Cronin's teams are the kind (when they're on) that I hated playing against. It'd be fun to have them relevant.

Arizona? Meh. Nobody gave a **** about them before they started cheating under Lute. This conference was fine. The flagship in this league is and always will be UCLA. Cronin can win there-his teams always seem like a bitch to play.

Reactions: DBT
You may be now, but when he's coaching Arizona in a few years, you'll hate him. So will I.
I don’t mind Arizona too much as an AD per se, yes they have played fast and loose with the basketball program but the other programs are decent. What I really dislike is the fair weather smug fan base. They liken themselves to KU or UK but only when they are a winner.

Back