What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

February 2nd Signing Day - Where we are, what to look for

Deion Smith- was out for a year.
Alex- was out for a year
Venn- change of pace back, true freshman. Not the biggest of guys.
Stacks- he is your full back.

CU lost Ashad, Jarek and Joe to the transfer portal.

The early signing day in December is the big one since it became a thing. But there's still significant opportunity in February. Some programs such as Utah do their best work in the second period.

First, where we are with this year's class.

December Signings (21)
QB - Owen McCown
RB - Victor Venn
WR - Jordyn Tyson, Chase Sowell, Grant Page (ATH)
TE - Zach Courtney
OL - Carter Edwards, Travis Gray
DL - Aaron Austin
LB - Aubrey Smith, Eoghan Kerry, Shakaun Bowser, Kaden Ludwick, Isaac Hurtado (JC)
CB - Joshua Wiggins, Jason Oliver, Simeon Harris, Keyshon Mills
S - Dylan Dixson, Xavier Smith, Oakie Salave'a (ATH)

February Commitments (1)
OL - Van Wells

Buffs have also accepted 4 transfers (OL-Tommy Brown, WR-RJ Sneed, DE/OLB-Chance Main, QB-Maddox Kopp), so we're at 26 new additions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the rule this year is that you can take up to 32 instead of the normal 25 as long as those extra 7 are transfers. ????

Going on that assumption, we can take up to 6 more new players but at least 3 of them would have to be transfers.

From the transfer portal, I believe that we need to bring in 2 DBs since we lost so much from veterans there, 1 OL (probably interior), and 1 DL (pass rush focus).

That would leave room for 2 more prep signings (or JC). For that, I'd go with 2 DLs and maybe BPA between RB and OL.

I'm not opposed to going all transfer, though.

Edited: h/t to @GoBuffs7
It seems like they do want to take 1-2 more HS guys CB and something else to me.

For this class I would like all 6 remaining spots to go to portal guys and I would take
2 OL (T and G)
1 DL
1 S
1 CB
1 RB (big back plus 200 lbs)

Everyone knows the path is QB -> Safety. Kopp is going to police the middle of the field in 2022!
I know this is a jape, however, I have been wondering about Drew Carter's athleticism. He seems like the odd man out in the QB room. Does he have any experience at WR or S?

An Andrew Paul caliber HS RB would be fine, but if they can’t pull him or someone like him, I do think they need to go to the portal for one. Rolling with Fontenot, Smith and Venn isn’t going to be enough.

I don’t think Clayton has signed anywhere yet. Would be nice to see if he wants to come back now that Broussard is gone.

An Andrew Paul caliber HS RB would be fine, but if they can’t pull him or someone like him, I do think they need to go to the portal for one. Rolling with Fontenot, Smith and Venn isn’t going to be enough.

I don’t think Clayton has signed anywhere yet. Would be nice to see if he wants to come back now that Broussard is gone.
Didn’t Clayton go to Tulane?

Back