What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Phil DiStefano

even though it's not an elected position, I still liken it to being in a political leadership role

wtf is up with these sept/octagenarians refusing to move on with their retirements when they have clearly demonstrated a lack of capacity to adapt to change? you've gotta have a huge nest egg, kick back and enjoy your last years

obviously there are exceptions to the rule, but in Phil's case it's gotta be a combo of ego, and not really having to do jack **** on the performance front to keep his job. just show up places and give terrible speeches

I’ve heard from more than one source who is connected with the school that there is growing pressure from within for him to retire at the conclusion of the academic year. They don’t want to outright fire him. Word is that our suspicions about him being completely cut out of the coaching hire process are correct. He had zero input.

I’ve heard from more than one source who is connected with the school that there is growing pressure from within for him to retire at the conclusion of the academic year. They don’t want to outright fire him. Word is that our suspicions about him being completely cut out of the coaching hire process are correct. He had zero input.
mother****er didn't need any input.

He is 75 years old.... The entire industry is changing. He should ride off and retire, because he isn't equipped to handle what is coming.

He is 75 years old.... The entire industry is changing. He should ride off and retire, because he isn't equipped to handle what is coming.
Don’t do that. Don’t write this off to his age. Everyone gets old. It’s unavoidable and in no way his fault.

his failings started when he was much younger. He was a drunken idiot years ago. He started making bad decisions long before he started needing baby aspirin. He’s a ****ing moron because he chose to be one years ago and it became a habit, not because he recently became super old. This is his fault not father time’s. **** Phil.

Don’t do that. Don’t write this off to his age. Everyone gets old. It’s unavoidable and in no way his fault.

his failings started when he was much younger. He was a drunken idiot years ago. He started making bad decisions long before he started needing baby aspirin. He’s a ****ing moron because he chose to be one years ago and it became a habit, not because he recently became super old. This is his fault not father time’s. **** Phil.
I agree. There are lots of examples of people who have performed at a high level at 75, 80 and beyond. His age may be a contributing factor in his incompetence (I’m not going to claim that dementia could be a factor at this point), but it’s far more likely that he just plain sucks at his job.

Preach
I thought this was going towards Ageism, but then it turned left and right back to the truth
I also cannot stand when bad leadership is allowed to stay past their useful time because nobody has the balls or other body parts to convince them to retire with grace

both can be true. is it agist to say 75 is too old to be the chancellor of a major university when there’s objective cognitive science behind it?

but your point about age not being why Phil should move on totally stands. his decline is just making it even worse

Back