What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Folsom Whiteout vs Minnesota

It’s pretty lame that the university doesn’t care to coordinate things like this. I remember the days they used to do gold (yellow) pom poms or shirts on the seats.

The AD tried quite a few times and I know this will shock everyone but the fans bitched and complained about not having a grey or white shirt or some other ****.
I'm only speculating, but I think there's also an element where fans get more excited about these things if the 'effect' is perceived to be organic or fan driven vs being "a marketing ploy by the AD to get us to buy white CU shirts"

The AD tried quite a few times and I know this will shock everyone but the fans bitched and complained about not having a grey or white shirt or some other ****.

I'm only speculating, but I think there's also an element where fans get more excited about these things if the 'effect' is perceived to be organic or fan driven vs being "a marketing ploy by the AD to get us to buy white CU shirts"
I’m talking about the AD providing cheap pom poms or t-shirts like Penn State does for their white out, or Michigan did for their gold out this last weekend, etc.

Back in the day, they’d give out gold pompoms on every seat in the stadium for the big games like Nebraska. It had a great effect. I think i might still have one or two of those things sitting around my basement somewhere.

From UNC game:

Are there more fights in stands nowadays or do we just see more of them because everyone has a camera?

I think the closest thing I ever saw was people in the student section rip a KU hat off a Jayhawks fan and set it on fire, but the KU fan just kind of meekly accepted his fate.

Well- and the time I was randomly punched in the face by a fellow CU fan.

Back in the day, they’d give out gold pompoms on every seat in the stadium for the big games like ****braska. It had a great effect. I think i might still have one or two of those things sitting around my basement somewhere.

The last time I remember us doing this was in '05 or '06 and they put out pom poms against Texas that weren't the typical yellow/gold and instead looked closer to UT's baby **** orange instead.

Fisticuffs? My good man. The students aren’t peasants.
Right! CU students are highbrow, and know how to properly resolve their quarrels.

Bridgerton GIF by NETFLIX

Are there more fights in stands nowadays or do we just see more of them because everyone has a camera?

I think the closest thing I ever saw was people in the student section rip a KU hat off a Jayhawks fan and set it on fire, but the KU fan just kind of meekly accepted his fate.

Well- and the time I was randomly punched in the face by a fellow CU fan.
Sorry about that man

The last time I remember us doing this was in '05 or '06 and they put out pom poms against Texas that weren't the typical yellow/gold and instead looked closer to UT's baby **** orange instead.
Didn’t we have some towels or something during 2016 and then the students got in trouble for throwing them on the field the entire game?

They at least have white helmets and pants and wake me when CU fans are able to coordinate a "white out" on the Penn State scale.

Honestly, if the AD embraced it and helped provide shirts/pom poms, the team could wear all black for all I care. This is just going to feel and look amateurish
I don't disagree generically, but the AD is reeling from the loss of revenue last year.

I'm willing to give them a break on poms, etc.

However, why not coordinate with the student section and go all white this weekend?

That should have been considered.

I don't disagree generically, but the AD is reeling from the loss of revenue last year.

I'm willing to give them a break on poms, etc.

However, why not coordinate with the student section and go all white this weekend?

That should have been considered.
The only people promoting it is the Barstool CU Twitter account.

Back