What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day!!! Men's Bball faces San Diego in 1st home game of the season (Saturday, 11/16, 8:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

What is IV doing this late in the game? He needs to not take a beating on his body.

Really nice second half. We’re going to have to learn to at least hold court when Kin is on the bench at some point. Really impressed by Schwartz so far this year.

Impressive win. D looks great. Schwartz/Bey is a fantastic combo at Forward.

I think I like Gatling coming off the bench, but we are going to need a lot better than this from Kountz. Chance that Daniels becomes the guy, but I'm a little concerned about SG.

Good win for the Buffs. You got to love that defensive effort overall although I think two players might need some conditioning runs based on what I saw.

It was good to see Walton back but I don't think he will get going until conference play at the earliest.

I liked the second half where we were attacking the basket. I like what I'm seeing from Swartz and he could be one heck of a player next season at this rate. But who will be the PG after IV and Gatling leave after this season? I noticed that Boyle might be putting a little more pressure on Kountz but I just don't see him as the PG next year right now. If IV comes back next year, that would give the Buffs a major boost but still, if I was him, I'd still go to the NBA...similar issue as Viska for football.

I hope we get more looks at the other players in the coming weeks. Maybe we will see who the new PG will be next year.

Good win for the Buffs. You got to love that defensive effort overall although I think two players might need some conditioning runs based on what I saw.

It was good to see Walton back but I don't think he will get going until conference play at the earliest.

I liked the second half where we were attacking the basket. I like what I'm seeing from Swartz and he could be one heck of a player next season at this rate. But who will be the PG after IV and Gatling leave after this season? I noticed that Boyle might be putting a little more pressure on Kountz but I just don't see him as the PG next year right now. If IV comes back next year, that would give the Buffs a major boost but still, if I was him, I'd still go to the NBA...similar issue as Viska for football.

I hope we get more looks at the other players in the coming weeks. Maybe we will see who the new PG will be next year.
KB will be our point guard next year if Kin goes pro. He's probably our 2nd best guard right now. Gonna be tough for Tad to stick to the plan and redshirt him, I think.

KB will be our point guard next year if Kin goes pro. He's probably our 2nd best guard right now. Gonna be tough for Tad to stick to the plan and redshirt him, I think.

Couldn't he play in a few games and then redshirt like in football? I might be behind on those rules. It'd be nice to know what to expect from PG next year since I'm not expecting Kin back next year.

@torerobuff KICKED YOUR ASS!!!! SUCK IT!!!!! 😎

I kid man, Good Game!!!

Finally ****in beat those guys. ****!!!!!

Parquet grew a bit. Dude looked decent defensively.

Good to see Walton out there.

Bey and Kin are kinda of big deals as expected.

I think I like Gatling coming off the bench, but we are going to need a lot better than this from Kountz. Chance that Daniels becomes the guy, but I'm a little concerned about SG.

Agree about Kountz...he needs to step it up or maybe lose his job to Daniels. At the same time, Kountz is still a sophomore and I didn't see Schwartz taking this big of a step for his junior year so I'm hoping Kountz is on a similar trajectory.

Agree about Gatling coming off the bench as the sixth man and I'd be disappointed if Gatling has to start at PG because Kountz isn't getting it done yet.

Decent win for the Buffs. Pretty rusty on the offensive end, but the effort was good in the second half. They showed they can clamp down on a team down the stretch, which is something they'll need, but especially on the road. USD was stuck on 42 points for 5 or 6 minutes it seemed, and in that time they didn't have any good looks at the basket.

Plenty of things to like about this team - rebounding, defense, depth - but the one thing that will be a problem is guard play. If Wright isn't on the floor, be worried. Gatling does not have a PG mentality, yet he's our #2. Kountz has some promise there, but I'm not sold there either. If one of those guys doesn't improve a lot in the next 10 weeks, we're a bubble team. Tad needs to pick one of those two guys and push them through the process.

Tyler Bey looked like he was having fun for a change - great to see. Schwartz can make this a great year if he keeps improving. Battey is a wunderkind. Dallas Walton is not there yet - looks kind of wobbly to me. Wright is the best PG I've ever seen play for CU in 40 years, and that includes Chauncey. (Chauncey learned to play PG in the NBA, not in Boulder.)

This could be a special year for the Buffs. Good OOC schedule means a lot of chances to tighten it up. Tad will shorten the bench between now and conference play. It'll be interesting to see who makes it into that top 10.

Kountz looked better at the end of the season last year than he does this year, and at 19 years old there is no way he has regressed overall...his recent poor play is more of an outlier than an indictment of who he will be.

I believe this team winning these two games says a lot about their resolve. Opening in Shanghai and then not playing for another 8 days against a team who has your number would be a trap for any team.

And honestly Kin had a rough game too...

Things will only get better for these buffs!!!

Yep. Schwartz has taken a big step forward this year. Looks to be in better shape, quicker and faster feet. Me like. Bey is a beast and Kin is better than he was. Awesome to see both of our best players are still improving.

After the ASU I said it’s a good thing that Gatling is buried on the depth chart, but I didn’t mean for it to sound harsh. It’s a good thing we have such firepower coming off the bench with him and Siewert.

Kountz is disappointing so far, even if I didn’t have such high hopes for him this year. Just looks bad, hope it’s just a small slump. Nice to see Walton back, but he still doesn’t look 100%. Maybe that’s just me not remembering what he was before? Like new guy in Daniels and loved Parquet’s effort last night.

This is an easy team to cheer for. Felt great getting back to CEC last night and am so happy it’s finally real November. Can’t overlook UCI tomorrow, they have road wins at San Diego and at Boise St. Keep ****ing winning, stay ****ing ranked.

Back