What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread- #15 Lacrosse starts NCAA tournament play vs. Jacksonville, Friday, 2:00 PM MT

Watching twitter goal highlights over the year I always thought it was jerky and bad sportsmanship the way that our player threw their sticks down right after a goal. But now watching this, that seems to be part of the rules. What are the refs checking, that the stick is not bent too much or something?

Watching twitter goal highlights over the year I always thought it was jerky and bad sportsmanship the way that our player threw their sticks down right after a goal. But now watching this, that seems to be part of the rules. What are the refs checking, that the stick is not bent too much or something?
I believe it has to do with the netting.

That the pocket isn’t too deep

Article after the win-

"
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Colorado senior Darby Kiernan broke her own CU record for points in a game Friday to lead the Buffs to a 23-18 win over Jacksonville, giving the Buffs their first-ever NCAA Tournament win in just the fifth year of the program's existence.

Kiernan finished with seven goals — tying the CU record she shares with teammate Miranda Stinson — and added five assists to finish with a program-record 12 points. The Buffs built a big lead early, withstood a strong Jacksonville surge, and then put the game away with a 5-0 run down the stretch in the second half.
The 23 goals was a season high for Colorado and the most since a 24-5 win over St. Mary's late in the 2017 season.

The Buffs had five players with at least three goals. Joining Kiernan with hat tricks were Stinson and Jen Mistretta with four each and Sophia Castillo and Samantha Nemirov with three apiece.

Colorado, which improved to 14-5 with the win, will now meet sixth-seed Florida in a 10 a.m. second-round game Sunday at Dizney Stadium. CU dropped a 16-9 decision to the Gators on their home turf in the second game of the year this season.

"I thought Darby did a great job of stepping up in certain areas and being aggressive and taking advantage of her opportunities," CU head coach Ann Elliott said. "As a whole, I thought offensively we did a great job of working together and finishing those opportunities."

"I think at the end of the day it's just about trying to win a draw control and make a play on the other end," Elliott said. "I thought they did a great job on their end of continuing to come back and fight and make plays. We were fortunate enough to make just a couple more plays down the stretch, which gave us some momentum back."

While Elliott was happy with the offense and CU's first NCAA Tournament win, she also knows a much bigger task awaits Sunday when the Buffs face Big East regular season and conference tournament champ Florida.

"To be successful moving forward, we have to play a lot better defensively," Elliott said.

TURNING POINT: After the Dolphins had cut a nine-goal CU lead down to three midway through the second half, the Buffs responded with a 5-0 run to regain momentum and put the game away.

WHAT IT MEANS: In five seasons of existence, the Buffs have made two NCAA Tournament appearances and now have one NCAA win under their belts, as well as a Pac-12 regular season championship.

NEXT UP: The Buffs will face sixth seed Florida (16-3) in Sunday's 10 a.m. second-round match at Dizney Stadium.
"
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - http://cubuffs.com/documents/2018/5/11//5_11_18_Jacksonville.pdf

Too bad I missed the game today but glad the Buffs won today.

Back