What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread-#21 Lacrosse in 2019 NCAA tourney (In Boston; Game 1 vs. #18 Dartmouth, Friday, 2:00 MT)

Article on today's win-

Direct link - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/5/10/...e-dartmouth-advance-to-ncaa-second-round.aspx

"
Game Recap: Lacrosse | May 10, 2019 | Linda Sprouse, Associate SID

NEWTON, Mass. – For the second straight season, the University of Colorado lacrosse team has advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after defeating No. 18 Dartmouth, 16-13, on Friday at Newton Campus Field.

"Dartmouth (11-6) is a tough team and is very well coached," head coach Ann Elliott Whidden said. "I thought it was a battle for 60 minutes. The first half went a little more back-and-forth. In the second half, we struggled a lot on the draw and to gain possession, so we were struggling at times and let in a few goals defensively.

"I thought we were able to lock it down a little bit better (later in the half) defensively and then we were able to capitalize on offense, which was huge. So for the amount of possessions we gave up just by losing the draws, I was really proud of our team for continuing to believe and battle."

The 21st-ranked Buffs (11-7) were led by Samantha Nemirov's five goals. Five other Buffs scored 11 goals in the victory.

"Offensively we did a great job of capitalizing on everybody being a threat," Whidden said. "I thought we were a little slow at the start, but when Miranda got hurt, I thought some people stepped up and did a really good job of making plays. And when she was back in there, I though she did a good job down the stretch of finding her opportunities and putting them away. Overall, I think offensively they did a great job as a team."

In goal, Julia Lisella put on a strong performance, recording 15 saves, which is the third most in a single game for the Buff. CU also caused six opponent turnvers.

"Julia did a great job of standing tall in there and making stops when we needed stops," said Whidden. "I thought our defense did a good job of trying to collapse on the ball and force some shots in under pressure, which was great."

KEY STATISTICS: The Big Green led in draw controls, 25-6, but the Buffs lead in shots, 41-31. Ground balls were even (16-16) and the Buffs were able to convert on two of three man-up opportunities, while DC scored on its only opportunity.

NOTABLE:
  • Samantha Nemirov extended her school record point scoring-streak to 38 games
  • This was the first meeting between Dartmouth and the Buffs
  • CU is now 2-2 in NCAA Tournament games

What are the takeaways for Sunday's game against No. 1 Boston College
We are excited about this opportunity. We know we are playing one of the best teams in the country and at the end of the day we have to do a better job of evening out the possessions. We know they are great on the draw; they have one of the best players in the country that is taking the draw. So for us, we have to give ourselves a few more possessions. That will really be helpful.
"
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/boxscore.aspx?path=wlax&id=12792

Back