What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Buffs at Ducks

Everything I've seen tells me this team is gonna be real good in two years. Our freshmen are gonna stay, while most of Oregon's will be gone. Still wish we had an actual offense tho ...

The offense isn’t good... and the defense is so much worse. You make it so much harder on yourself if you’re taking it out of the basket to start every possession.

No flow, no feel for the ball, no shot confidence...It is almost like they don't warm-up.

Kind of a shooting funk going on with the whole team. Particularly bad because most of the guards and wings are scorers/ steak shooters rather than being pure shooters.

My inclination was to blame the lack of post presence causing issues with flow and spacing, but this team has been missing open jumpers even off kickouts from post touches or offensive rebounds.

Kind of a shooting funk going on with the whole team. Particularly bad because most of the guards and wings are scorers/ steak shooters rather than being pure shooters.

My inclination was to blame the lack of post presence causing issues with flow and spacing, but this team has been missing open jumpers even off kickouts from post touches or offensive rebounds.
No one seems to have a scorer's or even shooter's mentality. They don't need an Askia Booker, buy maybe a Levi Knutson; someone who will consistently step into shots when given the opportunity. It feels like everyone is pass first 90%+ of the time when they have the ball.

No one seems to have a scorer's or even shooter's mentality. They don't need an Askia Booker, buy maybe a Levi Knutson; someone who will consistently step into shots when given the opportunity. It feels like everyone is pass first 90%+ of the time when they have the ball.

McKinley shoots on 26% of his possessions - 361st in the country

Namon shoots on 26.2% of his possessions - 346th in the country

King shoots on 27.2% of his possessions - 273rd in the country

Dom is at 23.2% and DeLeon is at 19.5%

McKinley shoots on 26% of his possessions - 361st in the country

Namon shoots on 26.2% of his possessions - 346th in the country

King shoots on 27.2% of his possessions - 273rd in the country

Dom is at 23.2% and DeLeon is at 19.5%
Can we assume that the apparent reluctance to shoot is a result of coaching instructions (guidance or threats)? I recall that last year White was often reluctant to take shots early in the year, but that faded as the season progressed and it became apparent he was always the best option.

Last edited:
Can we assume that the apparent reluctance to shoot is a result of coaching instructions (guidance or threats)? I recall that last year White was often reluctant to take shots early in the year, but that faded as the season progressed and it became apparent he was always the best option.

Except the numbers show there isn’t a reluctance. Hell, King is embracing his 7 Seconds or Less past.

As for White - I imagine his early season reluctance was due to all of the egos on the team last year and him trying to run the show a la Spencer before realizing he was our only hope.

Back