What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ The Beavs

Straight up butt kicking. We are not a good team. Miller wouldn’t have made a difference.
It’s going to be a long season.

By the end of that season , it will be obvious that Boyle needs to be terminated ASAP. We need to start over. This is CU, so he won't be let go even if this team goes 0-16 in the PAC 12 ,and then adds another Serbian stiff to its roster. .

It’s obvious your presence on this board needs to be terminated, troll.

It’s obvious your presence on this board needs to be terminated, troll.
Care to defend this team? Predict the record in the PAC 12 this season? Tell us why the future is bright, in spite of this being the state of the program in year 8!

I said 5-13 in the PAC and that might be optimistic.

Well this will be Tads defining cycle at CU. The Bz leftover and Dinwiddie cycle was excellent. The follow up cycle with Scott, XJ, White, King cycle was workable but with too much attrition and recruiting misses. And now it’s year 1 of the McKinley Wright cycle. He will either ride these young kids to a tourney appearance by end of year 3 or RG should change for change sake.

That’ll be ten years for Tad. An eternity in modern coaching. Grateful. No looking so hot right now though.

Care to defend this team? Predict the record in the PAC 12 this season? Tell us why the future is bright, in spite of this being the state of the program in year 8!

Do you care to ever say anything posiitive, or even neutral? Nope, you only show up after losses, throw bombs, make **** up, and then move the goal posts when people call you on your bull****. I’ll engage with you no further.

Yeah..>I'm the whiny butch...lol. Railed on Tad for a while. Pretty clear the alarm bells warranted as his recruiting below average, never had an effective half court set offensively, average player development. Can we please STOP extending his contract every year? Hurley has done something in YEAR 3 that Tad has NEVER done....and ASU has been a dumpster fire lately. Roll Tad..!!!!

Logged QT with the wife Friday night and just watched the game in DVR time.

I'm pissed.

All week we've been talking about the importance of this game in context of thw next five, and ths team came out with some of the lowest-energy and sloppiest performances that I've seen in the 4 years Ive been following this team.

OSU had the worst RPI in conference this year, and the Buffs couldnt get it up to start conference play.

Fvcking turnovers. Horrid rebounding. Inexcusable lack of clock awareness.

I know criticizing Boyle on Allbuffs brings the wrath of many of his supporters, but at some point, the head coach needs to be accountable.

/rant

Let's regroup and get a split from this road trip -- Go Buffs! I am not ready to resign myself to an 0-6 start.

The two trolls notwithstanding, recent performances under Tad haven’t been good. Progress stalled and now is reversing.

Team is young
Inexperienced
Told by many long time followers would struggle out of the gate
Lose game
Fans lose minds
We have same conference record as USC and Oregon with less experience and talent. Btw they both lost home games.
True team needs to come together but the panic is not warranted yet.
McKinley will learn from this just like White last year. King needs to pick it up.

Look for bright spots from freshman as they are the key to future success

is the argument that some other coach would be doing markedly better, with these same players? If the argument is about recruiting, the fact is Colorado is not where many top athletes want to spend their careers (other than skiing, x-country). That sucks, but it's reality.
In the major sports, how many 5 stars have come here in the last 20 years?

I said 5-13 in the PAC and that might be optimistic.

Well this will be Tads defining cycle at CU. The Bz leftover and Dinwiddie cycle was excellent. The follow up cycle with Scott, XJ, White, King cycle was workable but with too much attrition and recruiting misses. And now it’s year 1 of the McKinley Wright cycle. He will either ride these young kids to a tourney appearance by end of year 3 or RG should change for change sake.

That’ll be ten years for Tad. An eternity in modern coaching. Grateful. No looking so hot right now though.

I completely agree with this post. I love Tad, and expected absolutely nothing from this year except glimmers of things to build on for next. I have seen that. Tad should not be on the hot seat, and I think he had earned a chance to rebuild the team after last season. This is it...let's see how it goes. If it fails, then we can have serious talks about replacing the man, but he has earned our patience for see this group of freshmen through. They look really good, and I'm hopeful. I am disappointed with our latest recruiting class, but let's see what Battey brings to the table. (Not the five freshmen, but the latest two)

Yeah..>I'm the whiny butch...lol. Railed on Tad for a while. Pretty clear the alarm bells warranted as his recruiting below average, never had an effective half court set offensively, average player development. Can we please STOP extending his contract every year? Hurley has done something in YEAR 3 that Tad has NEVER done....and ASU has been a dumpster fire lately. Roll Tad..!!!!

Yes, you are a whiny bitch. Tad was Hurley; he was quite the hot commodity at one point, but you've quickly forgotten haven't you? Why have you forgotten or fail to recognize it... ...because you're a whiny bitch. Tad deserves some fair criticism, but you... ... ...you're rather arrogantly negative.

What bothers me was how unprepared we looked and how poorly we played. OSU was our best chance for a win in our first 6. How could we have been so ill prepared?

Hurley is cheating. We'll all look back at ASU in 12-18 months and know why they got so good, so fast. Even ASU fans and alumni sense something ain't right in Tempe.

Hurley is cheating. We'll all look back at ASU in 12-18 months and know why they got so good, so fast. Even ASU fans and alumni sense something ain't right in Tempe.

Exactly. They’re terrific his year. But everyone who doesn’t have their head up their ass knows that program is dirty as hell right now.

Our record under Tad is 10-31 when the other teams get to the FT line 7 or more times than we do. Last night OSU had 23 free attempts compared to 16 for our team. It is something this team is going to have get better at.

What bothers me was how unprepared we looked and how poorly we played. OSU was our best chance for a win in our first 6. How could we have been so ill prepared?
Crucial time for frosh - will they learn what takes to win pac12 road games, or learn ‘we’ll probably lose on the road’ - self-fulfilling prophecy? Seems Tad has the main role in which way it goes.

Meh - I was very skeptical about this season after we lost Battey, downright negative after we lost Miller.

Still was hopeful we'd win this, but not surprised we didn't.

This is a lost year, other than developing the young guys.

Team is young
Inexperienced
Told by many long time followers would struggle out of the gate
Lose game
Fans lose minds
We have same conference record as USC and Oregon with less experience and talent. Btw they both lost home games.
True team needs to come together but the panic is not warranted yet.
McKinley will learn from this just like White last year. King needs to pick it up.

Look for bright spots from freshman as they are the key to future success
This is a brilliant post. Thank you. I just feel like @HaikuBUFF could do it better.

Since there isn’t a game thread for the ducks I’ll post here. Going to the game tonight! Go buffs **** the ducks!!!!

Back