What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs vs. Utes | March 3rd @5pm | Pac-12 Net Mountain

Has king scored in the 2nd half? He's my favorite buff and I know it sounds like bashing but he has not played well the last 10 games on offense. Think he hit his average of 13 just once or twice.

Really don't need to look any farther here than 3 things:

Upperclassmen couldn't shoot
1st half was an abortion
Allowed Bibbins to go 6/11 from 3pt range

Really don't need to look any farther here than 3 things:

Upperclassmen couldn't shoot
1st half was an abortion
Allowed Bibbins to go 6/11 from 3pt range
bibbins went 0-5 against us in the Keg. We were owed that. Dude made shots in the 2d half (first half was shooting practice). Senior night strikes.

Furk. There was a chance in 2H.

Walton’s dunk was worth tuning in for. The road just kills the Buffs.

My fault. I turned it back on and we were down 7 then Laz missed a wide open layup and Siewert passes the ball to no one. It’s all my fault.

I don't know what Tad's methodology for road trips has been since he has been coaching at Colorado, but in the future he needs to pull a George Costanza and do the exact opposite of every inclination he has.
I’ve said this before but my conclusion about how to win on the road is:

...have a much better team than your opponent.

If Dom comes out flat again vs ASU, he should just sit. He had his senior night. He's a liability at this point especially on the road. I saw Schwartz make more threatening, athletic moves in this game than Dom has in 4 years.

King's been really disappointing lately but I still think he's capable of a big game, and he still rebounds.

It was a positive that the Buffs came out and worked hard the second half but somehow I have to think this team has the talent to win more than one road game in conference in a season. Don't know if it is in their heads or if it is something else but talentwise this team is good enough to win road games and end up well into the top half of the league.

It was a positive that the Buffs came out and worked hard the second half but somehow I have to think this team has the talent to win more than one road game in conference in a season. Don't know if it is in their heads or if it is something else but talentwise this team is good enough to win road games and end up well into the top half of the league.
I chalk a lot of that up to them being so young. Next season will be much more telling.

I chalk a lot of that up to them being so young. Next season will be much more telling.

I give them a lot of slack for the youth, they have been better overall than I expected and the future should be bright.

They do need to figure out how to win on the road though and Tad's record in the PAC12 on the road hasn't been a great one. Some notable wins on the road but overall not what we need to be a conference contender and a regular in the NCAA tourney.

I give them a lot of slack for the youth, they have been better overall than I expected and the future should be bright.

They do need to figure out how to win on the road though and Tad's record in the PAC12 on the road hasn't been a great one. Some notable wins on the road but overall not what we need to be a conference contender and a regular in the NCAA tourney.
Next year will be telling. Does Tad get another pass from the fan base if they stink again?

There's a lot to look forward to in next year's team, I think.

No doubt experience will help next year, not sure how much improvement that will translate to in road wins (hopefully a few more).

The biggest letdown IMO was the upper class inconsistency. Excusing Tory, between Dom, George & Namon, we never know what we’re getting (for George the only inconsistency is scoring). Imagine if those 3 had been able to come up with 30-40 ppg between them with consistency, how different this season would have been, even with a load of talented but inexperienced newcomers.

I was surprised to see that Utah coach Krystkowiak is #8 on highest paid coaches . . . . second highest in Pac-12. Utah now has #3 seed in tourney.

HIGHEST PAID COLLEGE BASKETBALL COACHES

1. Mike Krzyewski (Duke), $8.98 million
2. John Calipari (Kentucky), $7.45 million
3. Chris Holtmann (Ohio State), $7.15 million
4. Bill Self (Kansas) $7.15 million
5. Tom Izzo (Michigan State) $4.36 million
6. Sean Miller (Arizona), $4.05 million
7. Bob Huggins (West Virginia), $3.75 million
8. Larry Krystkowiak (Utah), $3.39 million
9. John Beilein (Michigan), $3.37 million
10. Archie Miller (Indiana), $3.20 million
11. Shaka Smart (Texas), $3.10 million
12. Lon Kruger (Oklahoma), $3.10 million
13. Gregg Marshall (Wichita State), $3.04 million
14. Tony Bennett (Virginia), $3.00 million
15. Avery Johnson (Alabama), $2.89 million
16. Scott Drew (Baylor), $2.87 million
17. Frank Martin (South Carolina), $2.85 million
18. Brad Underwood (Illinois), $2.76 million
19. Buzz Williams (Virginia Tech), $2.75 million
20. Mark Turgeon (Maryland), $2.70 million

The boo and I were sitting about 20 rows back from where Walton threw it down. I was expecting more Buff fans , based of the football attendance , but we saw only maybe 10 people? The Utes have a nice little basketball tradition going on but the whole "U" thing is a little obnoxious. Also, it's hard to build this rivalry when the fans are so dam nice . Football, too. Schwartz is going to be a baller . I Cant wait to watch him grow up. He liked going at it near the Utah student section and was feeding off that energy once they cut it to 4

Short of another conference championship run does Tad deserve to be on the hot seat?

That is an indigestion moment for the other coaches in the league. Dallas is just barely touching what he is capable of.

A true seven footer who can put the ball on the floor and in three steps go from the three point line to over the rim. He has already shown this year that he can shoot from out there. Going to be interesting to see what he becomes.

Back