What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Colorado at Xavier - 12/9/18 @ 3 PM on FS1

hokiehead

it never always keeps getting worse
Club Member
CU Buffs (#64 RPI, UNR AP, UNR Coaches) at Xavier Musketeers (#21 RPI, #13 AP, #14 Coaches)

Game time: 3:00PM MT
TV: FS1
Stream: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/
Radio: 850 KOA

One of the best wins of the season last year and a chance for our Buffs to get a resume building road win this year. Current Allbuffs consensus is that the Buffs get worked over and ESPN's PowerIndex predictor shows a 94.2% probability of a Musketeer victory. Screw that -- let's stomp these guys!

1GroupPhoto_640_427.jpg

Last edited:
KenPom gives us a 9% chance of winning. I'd say that's high personally, but YMMV.

@hokiehead - you mentioned in the other thread that they barely beat a "bad Wisconsin" team. Counter to that is that it was very early in the season and that it was in Wisconsin. On top of that, I'm not as down on 'Scansin as you are - they've lost to the #3, #13, #24, #42, #43 and #58 KenPom teams. Yeah, their only impressive win is at Penn State, but it's not like they played our schedule.

@Buffnik mentioned possibly putting King on Blueitt. That scares me personally, but it might also be the challenge that GK needs to fully get going. King tends to put up worse numbers over his career vs Tier A&B KenPom teams (which makes sense on some level, but the disparity can be a bit extreme at times too). Xavier can shoot really well, which will be a good test for us to see how we'll do against Arizona State this season.

Honestly, I can't figure out any way the Buffs win short of Xavier just completely overlooking us and letting the wheels fall off. But I've been wrong before, many many times, so hopefully I will be again this time. Like I said, my goal is for the team to get a good learning experience and not get "Kansas'd". Let the freshmen see what big time ball is like prior to conference play. And hopefully no one on our coaching staff gets into it with JP Macura after the game.

KenPom gives us a 9% chance of winning. I'd say that's high personally, but YMMV.

@hokiehead - you mentioned in the other thread that they barely beat a "bad Wisconsin" team. Counter to that is that it was very early in the season and that it was in Wisconsin. On top of that, I'm not as down on 'Scansin as you are - they've lost to the #3, #13, #24, #42, #43 and #58 KenPom teams. Yeah, their only impressive win is at Penn State, but it's not like they played our schedule.

@Buffnik mentioned possibly putting King on Blueitt. That scares me personally, but it might also be the challenge that GK needs to fully get going. King tends to put up worse numbers over his career vs Tier A&B KenPom teams (which makes sense on some level, but the disparity can be a bit extreme at times too). Xavier can shoot really well, which will be a good test for us to see how we'll do against Arizona State this season.

Honestly, I can't figure out any way the Buffs win short of Xavier just completely overlooking us and letting the wheels fall off. But I've been wrong before, many many times, so hopefully I will be again this time. Like I said, my goal is for the team to get a good learning experience and not get "Kansas'd". Let the freshmen see what big time ball is like prior to conference play. And hopefully no one on our coaching staff gets into it with JP Macura after the game.
this weekend is the 5 year anniversary of that Kansas debacle.

Agree with King guarding Blueitt. I mean who else can do it, and why the hell not?

Big game today! My Mom went to Dayton and Dad went to Cincinnati, both have played Xavier pretty much every year. Somehow I didn't end up hating them and have always been a fan of the Musketeers. Always been a good basketball school and was so happy Tad scheduled them.

Yeah. I really believe that King is at his best when challenged. He's a senior. Give him the challenge of guarding Blueitt and it will probably translate into him having a great game on the glass while playing focused on offense. He's a guy who has shown he can get some steals, too.

The Buffs look horrible so far. Look panicked and unprepared. They need to shake off the nerves.

Collier just can't stay on the floor. That looked like a bad call on the charge to me.
And we might have more turnovers than we did against UNM. Need to get that figured out before conference play.

Collier just can't stay on the floor. That looked like a bad call on the charge to me.
And we might have more turnovers than we did against UNM. Need to get that figured out before conference play.

This is also probably the best team we'll play all year......don't overreact to anything today. They look like a lot better than the best in our league right now.

CU walked into a buzzsaw for sure. Just weather the storm and play ball.

Back