What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread: Colorado at Xavier - 12/9/18 @ 3 PM on FS1

Nice to see a little bit of fight. I didn't expect this to be a win, but I was hoping we wouldn't get completely embarrassed. Xavier plays how I hope CU can one day both offensively and defensively.

proud of these guys. very rough, nervous start, but pretty good since 7 - 8 left 1st half.

Lot of missed shots for King on that previous possession, but I like his aggressiveness.

Everyone with this take has been right...even in a blowout on the road I still really enjoyed watching the team, as you can see guys learn and grow within single games.

Dallas is getting better FAST, Bey may be a non-factor this year but I trust guys like Nikolic and Brown to be disrupting on the defensive end come league play. Dom has confidence from 3 early too. Lots of positives to look at amongst the areas for improvement.

McKinley ended the argument about whether he could do it against great competition, at least. Namon had a great game (6 steals especially), we might've had the better trio if King had shot better.

I think Tad is going to enjoy coaching this group this season. Emphasis on teaching and not so much on the need to motivate.

To describe the beginning of the game. It was over after the first 3 minutes.

I think the bulk of us expected we'd probably lose by 20 today.........These kids showed fight and made a couple runs on Xavier right before half and in the second to get their lead down to the 13. Playing in an environment like that one can only make this group better.

Our half court offense just isn't effective at all against sound defensive teams. While the majority of our turnovers are avoidable, I feel like a significant number also come because teams get used to our predictable offense. Even when we beat our man, a lot of the time it seems like the ballhandler has to stop and evaluate the floor, giving the opposing defense time to recover. And it's not just the freshmen doing this. And someone needs to tell George King to stop baseline driving into doubleteams where he inevitably turns it over. Really frustrating game to watch. I'm not even going to get started on the D today.

Let's hope we can put this behind us and beat up on some teams at home this week. I'm still optimistic about our young talent but we have a long way to go.

I seem to recall Last year's team doing the stop and evaluate offense, and while they did it today a lot I think they have been doing it less this year.

Well, xavier shot 60% and the bad stsrt didn't help. Frustrating to not have miller and battey, going to kill them all year.

Keep fighting buffs

Did we win?
Evidently yes, some sort of moral victory. And I don't disagree.

Injuries, ineligibilities, promising but inexperienced youth and playing a top20 team on the road equals a blowout spanking. Boyle has been here longer than MM, is coming off a similar recruiting bounce, lost some assistants, found some others that the jury is still out on, with many many more losses yet to come this year(including CSU), and people are ok with it. Again I don't necessarily disagree.
I just don't get why this same thinking does not translate to the football team.

This same situation in football has clueless moron after clueless moron (and just some regular morons too) calling for MM's head on a platter. I can only conclude that the Hoops board is more even-keeled and thoughtful.

Evidently yes, some sort of moral victory. And I don't disagree.

Injuries, ineligibilities, promising but inexperienced youth and playing a top20 team on the road equals a blowout spanking. Boyle has been here longer than MM, is coming off a similar recruiting bounce, lost some assistants, found some others that the jury is still out on, with many many more losses yet to come this year(including CSU), and people are ok with it. Again I don't necessarily disagree.
I just don't get why this same thinking does not translate to the football team.

This same situation in football has clueless moron after clueless moron (and just some regular morons too) calling for MM's head on a platter. I can only conclude that the Hoops board is more even-keeled and thoughtful.
My suggestion is that football is simply more important to most Buff sports fans. Making the NCAA or NIT tournament is perhaps equivalent to making a bowl game, and Tad’s teams have done better than MM’s in that regard. Historically CU football has done much better than CU basketball, so bad football years seem more unacceptable.

But Tad has taken plenty of heat on this Forum when the BB team seems to be underperforming. I doubt that will happen much this year given the young but talented group.

No shame in yesterday. Painfully young team on the road against a damn good team in Xavier. The result was probably to be expected.

Going 2-1 in the next 3 would make for a successful non-con slate. Find a way to beat Iowa and they're an early bubble team.

No shame in yesterday. Painfully young team on the road against a damn good team in Xavier. The result was probably to be expected.

Going 2-1 in the next 3 would make for a successful non-con slate. Find a way to beat Iowa and they're an early bubble team.
Looking at the performance of the next 3 teams thus far, winning all 3 is not an unreasonable scenario. Iowa has lost 6 of 7 going into today’s game, including a home loss to Louisiana-Lafayette and road losses to our upcoming opponent South Dakota State and Iowa State, neither of which are very impressive.

Our half court offense just isn't effective at all against sound defensive teams. While the majority of our turnovers are avoidable, I feel like a significant number also come because teams get used to our predictable offense. Even when we beat our man, a lot of the time it seems like the ballhandler has to stop and evaluate the floor, giving the opposing defense time to recover. And it's not just the freshmen doing this. And someone needs to tell George King to stop baseline driving into doubleteams where he inevitably turns it over. Really frustrating game to watch. I'm not even going to get started on the D today.

Let's hope we can put this behind us and beat up on some teams at home this week. I'm still optimistic about our young talent but we have a long way to go.
Tad has never had an effective half court offense...ever.

Back