What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread: CU vs NOFKST

Congrats Buffs!!!

BIG props to Evan Battey on this one. When the Buffs went in their offensive funk the 1st 8+ or so minutes (???) of the 2nd half, you could sense he was the one who refused to let ALL the momentum go away, as he asked for the ball got to the line (and made the FT's) with strong moves to give the Buffs their mojo back.

"Y'all can go to hell ... we're going to Texass!!" **

** cheap and inaccurate paraphrase of Davy Crockett

Tad was pretty unhappy after the game. Especially with the lack of intensity to open the 2nd half. He was unhappy with the sloppy plays and turnovers.

I posted in the wrong thread about Battey. He's obviously just an awesome person. Impossible not to love him.

As comfortable as this game ended up being, it was not a crisp effort at all. Way too many ****ty passes, bumbled passes, and bad decisions with the ball. Defensively was better, but got lazy a little bit to start the second half and let them get going a bit. Would love to get that tightened up a bit by Wednesday.

Last edited:
One other thing - Kountz is a hell of an athlete. On his dunk in the second half, I saw Kin looking at him before he made the pass, and I thought it was a bad idea. He looked covered to me, or at least like he was going to have a contested shot at best. Next thing you know, he's around that dude like he was shot out of a cannon and climbing the ladder. So fun to see.

I've seen it in this thread and said it myself multiple times lately, but if everyone stays healthy, this is going to be a damn good team next year.

I think Strating deserves some apologies for all the **** he was being given this season.

Strating looks so stiff on the floor that you think he’s going to be awful, but he’s pretty effective. He’s seems to camp out in the right spots around the hoop on offense and he does a lot of the little things well, like setting screens.

Strating looks so stiff on the floor that you think he’s going to be awful, but he’s pretty effective. He’s seems to camp out in the right spots around the hoop on offense and he does a lot of the little things well, like setting screens.
Good points. He doesn’t look very athletic, but at the end he is effective.

Reactions: wip
Yep. But his point is that if we play against Texas like we played tonight we will get our asses kicked.
We just put a curb stomping on a conference regular season champion. We played very well. There was one spot for about 6-7 minutes in the second half where we went cold but then picked it up again. Basketball is a game of streaks and CU handles them pretty well I thought.

Texas is garbage. We are going to beat the piss out of them.

BTW- that was a really fun game to attend last night. The crowd was in to it. Too bad there weren’t any students there, but spring break is gonna spring break. Nothing you can do about that. I felt sorry for the band and cheerleaders who were technically also on spring break.

BTW- that was a really fun game to attend last night. The crowd was in to it. Too bad there weren’t any students there, but spring break is gonna spring break. Nothing you can do about that. I felt sorry for the band and cheerleaders who were technically also on spring break.
Meh, they get a free trip to Austin now and potentially a free trip to NYC should things go well on Wednesday.

They’re taking the band and cheerleaders to Austin?
Oh you know what, good point. NIT doesn't pay for travel until the trip to NYC. If CU floats the bill, then yes. Otherwise they will have to wait until after Wednesday. Still they just had a long weekend paid for in Las Vegas and should things work out will get a paid weekend in NYC. Sacrificing a Monday night over spring break isn't too bad.

Technically, they're not.

I was one, and I definitely apologize. Actually start cheering for them to get him the ball when he's on the court now!
A lot of us share this sentiment. He seems to have simply worked himself into a position where fans want to see him do really well, beyond what we want all Buffs to do when a player plays. Not yet a Ben Mills, but drifting into that territory.

Back