What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD - CU vs. Omaha | Nov. 16th @7pm | Pac-12 Mountain

THIS IS SUCH A BUNCH IF ****!! HOW DO THEY CONTINUE TO HIT THESE SHOTS!!

Haven’t paid much attention to basketball the last 2 years. Eyeball test isn’t very good tonight. NIT if lucky?

Haven’t paid much attention to basketball the last 2 years. Eyeball test isn’t very good tonight. NIT if lucky?
A combination of Kin not playing his best game, and UNO has like 4 guys hitting crazy threes.

Yes. If McKinley Wright IV is fifth in line to shoot the ball (even though others shot well tonight). Also if our turnovers stay this high.

Holy **** it seems like Coors rims are always incredibly kind to 3 balls from opposing teams?!?

Omaha hitting the kind of shots that you hope to make 10% of playing horse in the park with no defense.

CU has looked ugly tonight but final score is not going to be a reflection of the quality of the teams.

This game going to give Tad a lot of talking points in film study.

Remember this is still a young team overall. We are going to be frustrated with this team at times this season.

And UNO has played us tough in the past. Might be that rivalry feeling sneaking in from Lincoln.

I think Wright's struggles tonight were the biggest issue with the offense... felt very forced somehow. I think CU will be okay there, but will have to learn how to win without him playing well, against good teams.

I liked the rotations between Lucas, Batty and Bey as the game went on. Keeping them fresh and out of foul trouble is very important for both sides of the ball. However, I'm concerned about the lack of effective interior defense against bigs. With Lucas as our biggest guy is really going to hurt against a legit center. He can't do it one on one and there seemed to be little interest in help defense down low.

This game came very close to sucking the last bit of joy and hope from my Buffs psyche. I'm very fragile right now.

Omaha was unconscious at times and it looked like they played their A game on a night when CU didn't have it. Maybe a little to do with it being their 4th game while we were only playing our 2nd.

Win while you learn, I guess. But that was pretty brutal tonight. Credit to the squad for finding a way and avoiding what would have been a pretty devastating loss.

I thought there were some bright spots, particularly with the offense shown by Schwart and Siewert. Bey continues to show what he's capable of and is growing into becoming a star. Namon backed up a great opener with another very good outing, which is a great sign since he's never shown any consistency. What really killed us tonight is that Kin didn't have it and Gatlng hasn't figured it out yet. Way too many turnovers and the offense never really got into a flow since we got outplayed at the positions that set the table.

Reactions: wip
Battey has a long way to after watching this one. Game is still moving to fast for him, and he's getting lost consistently on D.

This game came very close to sucking the last bit of joy and hope from my Buffs psyche. I'm very fragile right now.

Omaha was unconscious at times and it looked like they played their A game on a night when CU didn't have it. Maybe a little to do with it being their 4th game while we were only playing our 2nd.

Win while you learn, I guess. But that was pretty brutal tonight. Credit to the squad for finding a way and avoiding what would have been a pretty devastating loss.

I thought there were some bright spots, particularly with the offense shown by Schwart and Siewert. Bey continues to show what he's capable of and is growing into becoming a star. Namon backed up a great opener with another very good outing, which is a great sign since he's never shown any consistency. What really killed us tonight is that Kin didn't have it and Gatlng hasn't figured it out yet. Way too many turnovers and the offense never really got into a flow since we got outplayed at the positions that set the table.
They made insane shots. Keep the faith

What the hell is up with battey? Going to need a ton more than what he's shown so far.

He hasn't played in two seasons...cut him some slack. If he's still playing like that by the time conference play starts, I'd be concerned.

All Tad has to do is show them their last 2 minutes of D and tell them that they have to play like that every minute of every game to be successful. On the bright side, he has 7 backcourt players to play until some of them learn defensive intensity.

RECAP

BOX SCORE

Games like this happen. Got the win. Move on to the next.

Silver Linings: The Buffs went 19-23 from the free throw line or 82.6%.

He hasn't played in two seasons...cut him some slack. If he's still playing like that by the time conference play starts, I'd be concerned.

And he had a stroke and didn't know if he would ever play basketball again.

UNO shot 50% on shots that were 25% success rate shots at best. That 3 their kid made while only hoping to draw a foul was ridiculous. And their guy bombing 30 footers really posed me off. Unreal.

Back