What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- MEN'S bball hosts Yale (Sunday, 11/27/22 1:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

This is my first time seeing him in person this year. He’s talking constantly, shoving dudes into their sports and running things. Honest to God, he could be a black hole of suck on offense and I guaran-damn-tee that Tad would still give him quality minutes because of his D.

It’s no coincidence that he and Hadley were in immediately after Yale cut it to 2 and we then went on our own run.
It was amazing to see how much more effective CU's D was when Lovering was on the court today. Watching him switch on screens and keep guards from getting in the lane with quick footwork was fun. He also altered at least 8 shots in the lane. He's definitely the best D bigman Tad has had.

Take aways from the game.
- Yale is going to win the Ivy league and probably 20+ games. It will be a solid win for us in the end.
- Yale players bitched and moaned as bad as any team that's come into the CEC in a long time.
- When Lovering sits, our defense suffers. A LOT.
- As a whole, our sophomores and freshman play light years better than our juniors. You are starting to see who Tad trusts by who he puts on the floor to make/stop runs and at critical moments at the end of games. TDS is the only upperclassman getting that time.
- We really should have signed another big in the offseason. We're gonna get housed on nights where we get used on the boards.
- Gabbidon played tight against his old team.
- KJ, Hadley and Lovering are the glue that keeps this whole thing together.
- The Allen thing is starting to annoy me. Sorry, but sh!t or get off the pot. That goes for Tad and Quincy. Eating a scholly for 2 straight years with zero ROI is bad business for both sides.
- We may be who we are FG % wise, but if we want to sneak out a few wins we shouldn't, I'd be having this team shoot free throws on off days until arms fell off.
- Finally, the school needs to get butts in seats. This team plays so much better when the crowd is behind it.

FYI, Kenpom had Yale as 100 or so last I checked. That's a solid solid win. Also, we've played the 51st hardest schedule in the nation so far. Pretty rough for a young team.

KJ, Hadley and Lovering are the glue that keeps this whole thing together.
^ ^ ^ Absolutely. Hadley reminds me a bit of Jabari Walker last season in that when the Buffs need a basket he'll post up and score down low. Also, he works hard on the boards, although he isn't the same rebounder that Walker was. Still the Buffs would have had a difficult time winning yesterday without Hadley.

Concerning Lovering, he is so confident and organized when defending. He changes the opposition's ability to run their offense effectively

- We really should have signed another big in the offseason. We're gonna get housed on nights where we get used on the boards.
^^^ I felt strongly in the spring that Tad should have looked to bring in a transfer big. When Lovering is out and if he gets in foul trouble the Buffs' defense suffers. And thus far rebounding isn't what it was last season. I doubt it will be consistently great which is a factor in Tad ball being effective.

^^^ I felt strongly in the spring that Tad should have looked to bring in a transfer big. When Lovering is out and if he gets in foul trouble the Buffs' defense suffers. And thus far rebounding isn't what it was last season. I doubt it will be consistently great which is a factor in Tad ball being effective.
I do think Tad thought he'd have Allen in the mix. Not necessarily a "big", but a guy athletic enough to get in the mix and grab 3 a game.

Take aways from the game.
- Yale is going to win the Ivy league and probably 20+ games. It will be a solid win for us in the end.
- Yale players bitched and moaned as bad as any team that's come into the CEC in a long time.
- When Lovering sits, our defense suffers. A LOT.
- As a whole, our sophomores and freshman play light years better than our juniors. You are starting to see who Tad trusts by who he puts on the floor to make/stop runs and at critical moments at the end of games. TDS is the only upperclassman getting that time.
- Gabbidon played tight against his old team.
- KJ, Hadley and Lovering are the glue that keeps this whole thing together.
- The Allen thing is starting to annoy me. Sorry, but sh!t or get off the pot. That goes for Tad and Quincy. Eating a scholly for 2 straight years with zero ROI is bad business for both sides.
- We may be who we are FG % wise, but if we want to sneak out a few wins we shouldn't, I'd be having this team shoot free throws on off days until arms fell off.
- Finally, the school needs to get butts in seats. This team plays so much better when the crowd is behind it.
Reminder that we oversigned in this upcoming class. Allen is my thought for where that extra scholarship is coming from

Reminder that we oversigned in this upcoming class. Allen is my thought for where that extra scholarship is coming from
That's a possibility.

Tad doesn't do things casually or for no reason. The fact he's gotten all the insiders to agree to not talk about Allen's situation, IMO says the young man has a personal issue and Tad thinks he deserves some space. (everybody is wanting to know but, as an example, KOA's pregame doesn't mention him at all and they never ask Tad a word about him. There's a "gentlemen's agreement" in place)
If he had discipline or attitude issues, Tad would not sit quiet, and would not let him affect the team.
Aren't practices open? If Allen was a screw-up, Woelk and Brooks would be talking about it.
Watch him on the bench, he's cheering on his team.

No idea what it is, but if Tad wants to giver him some breathing room, I'm on board.

That's a possibility.

Tad doesn't do things casually or for no reason. The fact he's gotten all the insiders to agree to not talk about Allen's situation, IMO says the young man has a personal issue and Tad thinks he deserves some space. (everybody is wanting to know but, as an example, KOA's pregame doesn't mention him at all and they never ask Tad a word about him. There's a "gentlemen's agreement" in place)
If he had discipline or attitude issues, Tad would not sit quiet, and would not let him affect the team.
Aren't practices open? If Allen was a screw-up, Woelk and Brooks would be talking about it.

No idea what it is, but if Tad wants to giver him some breathing room, I'm on board.
Exactly. The best way we can support Allen and the program is by respecting privacy and letting them work things out, whatever those things are. Today's society is so invasive and so many people over share their lives that sometimes we tend to forget that our curiosity does not mean we're entitled to know.

That's a possibility.

sometimes we tend to forget that our curiosi
I would've been 100% on board with this take before NIL. but now, I'm conflicted.

philosophically, they're professional athletes and subject to public scrutiny. part of the deal.
practically, I'm a CU fan. If encouraging people to stop asking questions of a certain player is in the best interest of the team, I'll definitely support that position.

but I also understand the philosophical take. especially if it's coming from someone who ponied up to an NIL collective.

After a week of Tad preaching toughness. TDS and Hadley both show up post game with a black eye. Not sure that's exactly what he had in mind. Tough gritty win. This team needed to win a close game on a bad shooting night!

This team's made 3 pointers:

Yale: 4/18 22.2% - 3 point win
Boise State: 4/20 20% - 13 point loss
Texas A&M 16/32 50%- 28 point win
Umass 6/25 24% - 3 point loss
Tennessee 8/26 30.8% - 12 point win
Grambling 5/21 23.8%- 9 point loss
UC Riverside 6/13 46.2%- 16 point win

Gosh I'd love a game we can shoot 35% from 3. It's all or nothing with this team.

Being 4-3 in 7 games with only 2 home games. 5 out of next 6 at home. Need to rip off a streak here.

With the caveat that I know nothing, I’ll say that Allen isn’t even at the top of my list of “players that may potentially transfer”.
This is where I'm at. Whatever the situation is, I'm guessing Allen has shown Tad that there's definitely something there that makes him worth fighting for and keeping in the program. I'm thinking there are a couple other scholarship players that may be politley asked to move on for better opportunities elsewhere. Tad has done this before and I bet it happens again.

Reactions: '99
With the caveat that I know nothing, I’ll say that Allen isn’t even at the top of my list of “players that may potentially transfer”.
I'm thinking he's going to have a George King type career trajectory at CU. Hoping to see him rise up at some point this season, which would give a hard push to who I believe you're thinking of.

I'm thinking he's going to have a George King type career trajectory at CU. Hoping to see him rise up at some point this season, which would give a hard push to who I believe you're thinking of.
Methinks we may all be on the same page here.

Back