What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- #16 lacrosse visits #12 Stanford (Fri., 8:00 PM MT) & Cal (Sunday, 1:00 MT)

Big, big win for this season and the program. They are now in position to win the regular season conference title. They have defeated Stanford twice and USC for the first time. The team has gotten better - other than the DU match - over the course of the season.

That 1 seed is looking very likely in a couple weeks. I love this program.

I really enjoyed watching this one and there couldn't have been a better women's lacrosse game to watch for the first time ever. I really underestimated the athleticism of those women and was impressed with the speed of some of those women. I believe I'll watch more CU WLAX down the road.

Lisella had some big saves for the Buffs and she's just a RS soph...will we have two more years of her?

I fired off a tweet to RG about what it would take to have men's lacrosse at CU as promised. And checked the Denver Outlaws schedule as well.

Article on the win.

Diect link - http://cubuffs.com/news/2018/4/14/l...-on-to-defeat-no-12-stanford-in-overtime.aspx

"
STANFORD, Calif. – With first place in the Pac-12 Conference on the line, the No. 16 Colorado Buffaloes and No. 12 Stanford Cardinal knew their game on Friday night was going to be a battle; so it was fitting that after regulation, the two were tied 10-10 and needed an overtime period to determine the top of the Pac-12.

In the overtime, both teams had their chances. But it was the Buffs who emerged victorious after junior Samantha Nemirov scored her second goal of the game 2:49 into the period, giving the Buffs the 11-10 win.

The win moves the Buffs to 7-1 in league play (10-4 overall) with two games left in the regular season. Stanford is now 11-4 overall and 6-2 in the Pac-12.

DEFENSE: Colorado's defense played another solid game. Lisella recorded 14 saves in the win. Brown led the Buffs with five caused turnovers and Kelsie Garrison added three.

NOTABLE:
  • Two Buffs have scored at least one point in every game this season: Samantha Nemirov andDarby Kiernan.
  • The Buffs never trailed in the game.
  • CU is now 12-3 in 1-goal games and is 8-1 in overtime games
  • The Buffs are also 4-4 against ranked teams this season
  • This game was played at Stanford Stadium, the home of SU's football team.
  • Stanford has only lost twice in Pac-12 play – both of those losses coming against Colorado. CU rallied back from a seven-goal deficit to defeat Stanford 18-16 on March 9.
  • CU has won its last four straight games against Stanford, although the Cardinal owns a 6-4 lead in the all-time series.
TEAM LEADERS:

ColoradoStanford
Goals: 11Goals: 10
Assists: 2Assists: 6
Draw Controls: 12Draw Controls: 11
Ground Balls: 23Ground Balls: 32
Saves: 14Saves: 7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

UP NEXT: Colorado heads to Berkeley, Calif. to take on the California Bears on Sunday, April 15 at 1 p.m. MT.

QUOTES:
Head Coach Ann Elliott
"We knew going into this game it was going to be a battle. Stanford is a really good team and is dangerous in so many ways. I thought we did a good job being aggressive from the start, offensively and defensively. I'm proud of our effort and ability to continue to fight and play for each other even through some mistakes. We need to tighten some things up on both ends as we move into Sunday and learn from our mistakes tonight. We know Sunday is going to be another tough test on the road, against a good Cal team. So, we will regroup tonight and get refocused on Sunday.
"

Note- The Buffs will likely face a tougher than (maybe) anticipated Cal team on Sunday, as I'm sure the Bears will be feeling very confident after defeating Oregon (15-13) earlier today (or technically yesterday) for their best win of the season.

Just looked at Cal's facilities page...lacrosse also uses the football stadium there...hopefully better camera angle for the stream.

Of course PACN is showing a softball game between Cal and Washington.

Buffs really winning the faceoffs and going inside for those scores.

Getting some lead extension here. Nice to see since Cal won’t go away easily.

Cal was cutting away at the score until CU called time and CU is scoring points again. I really love lax since I did watch a men's lax contest on demand between North Carolina and Sycrause before this game.

There is not enough buzz going on for this team. For as new a program as this is, they are crushing it!

There's not enough buzz for women's lax either and I agree about CU women's lax. People just need to go watch a women's lax game for once even if they have watched men's lax before.

There is also not enough buzz for lax in general among the CU fanbase. The nice thing is that the lacrosse championship is determined near the end of May. Being able to stretch CU athletics into May would be awesome before turning the focus onto football.

Back