What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball hosts Cal (Thurs., 2/2/23, 8:00 MT; Pac 12 Networks) and Stanford (Sunday, 5:00 PM MT, FS1)

Hoping this game is something to build on. Defense was money. A bunch of guys did things that can build some confidence. We have to start playing offense with confidence and knock down shots. I think they've got it in them.

Beat Stanford.

If we get that, we can start thinking about what they need to do the rest of the way.

How this team beat Tenn and A&M is a goddam mystery. Tad has never focused on finding great shooters but outside of TDS, this team can’t shoot a lick. It’s painful to watch. This could easily be our last win.

Tad didn’t sound hopeful about Hadley. I think he got absolutely hacked by #13 early on and there was no call.
We were pretty bad tonight, but Cal might as well just kill their athletic program. The suck and it ain’t getting better for them.

Cal was as bad a basketball team as I've seen in the keg. Just horrendous.

Nice to get a win. Ruffin is back but looked very limited. Need to find some offensive mojo. With Hadley out the rotations are going to be very different

Games like tonight are harder to get through with the late tip. That first half wasn't the worst I've ever seen in the Keg but it was up there.

I can't believe Tad didn't get tossed in the 1st. Looked like he was trying to break the scorers table after the foul called on LL.

Pregame, MJ and Wilke were saying they thought KJ has been off his game since he turned his ankle against Stanford. ?

Tad commented that the team is a 'very quiet group", that they don't talk a lot (assuming about BB). Tad said he tells them they will always know what he thinks, and tells them he'd like to know what they're thinking. But they are pretty closed-mouthed.
That kind of stuns me. I always thought communication between players and coach was very important. Hopefully the players are at least talking with one another.
Whatever the team's problems, this may play into it. (what if a player sees an issue, but doesn't say anything, 'because that's the way the team is'?)

Pregame, MJ and Wilke were saying they thought KJ has been off his game since he turned his ankle against Stanford. ?

Tad commented that the team is a 'very quiet group", that they don't talk a lot (assuming about BB). Tad said he tells them they will always know what he thinks, and tells them he'd like to know what they're thinking. But they are pretty closed-mouthed.
That kind of stuns me. I always thought communication between players and coach was very important. Hopefully the players are at least talking with one another.
Whatever the team's problems, this may play into it. (what if a player sees an issue, but doesn't say anything, 'because that's the way the team is'?)
Can't have any team leadership if no one talks to anyone else. We know there is no team leadership, so maybe they don't?

Tad’s teams have generally been very quiet, with the obvious exceptions like EB and Kin. It’s not necessarily bad - depending on what goes unspoken. Andre, Josh, and their teams appeared to be super introverted.

Sometimes a team has such strong, vocal leaders that you end up with a huge gap once they're gone. Kin was the man in charge and then Evan had such a big personality he was able to take the torch despite not being the best player. No one was ready or able to step into that role this year. From the guys we have, KJ has to become that guy. I wonder if there are too many guys older than him who won't accept vocal leadership from an underclassman.

Can't have any team leadership if no one talks to anyone else. We know there is no team leadership, so maybe they don't?
that's my fear. I feel like you've at least got to talk about what's happening and why.

Leadership doesn’t matter much when you can’t hit the broad side of a barn. We’re last in FT%. Excluding TDS, we’re probably close to last in shooting % too. We’ve just got too many guys that pose almost no threat to the defense. No amount of talking or leadership will overcome that.

Leadership doesn’t matter much when you can’t hit the broad side of a barn. We’re last in FT%. Excluding TDS, we’re probably close to last in shooting % too. We’ve just got too many guys that pose almost no threat to the defense. No amount of talking or leadership will overcome that.

Leadership isn't just on the court.

It's also in the gym and showing guys the little commitment needed to be successful

Last edited:
More Ethan and Gab (but an encouraging performance last game)? Beginning of season it looked like depth was going to be a strength, it isn’t and it gets weaker now. 7 man rotation. Apparently no walk on bigs to eat a few minutes if Quincy is not gonna play anymore?

I’m excited for next years basketball roster. This has been a year of growth for this team. I have 1000% belief and faith in Tad. Can we just skip to next season? 😊

More Ethan and Gab (but an encouraging performance last game)? Beginning of season it looked like depth was going to be a strength, it isn’t and it gets weaker now. 7 man rotation. Apparently no walk on bigs to eat a few minutes if Quincy is not gonna play anymore?
Quincy can red-shirt at this point, right? Do he and CU lose that for 7 games (plus the tourneys)?

Tristan en Fuego. We need to run out to about a 14 point lead at half because with a 2 deep bench, we gonna run out of steam.

Refs absolutely gutted this game. Absolutely joke- how do you turn a Stanford o foul into a tech on kj?

Took care of business.

14-11

Win at Utah this week would make things interesting again.

Lovering does something every game that makes me think “there’s something there with this kid”. His second bucket tonight was an athletic move. He moves his feet well for his size and obviously is key on defense. I think Tad needs to make a concerted effort to get him more low post touches. The problem is his first instinct is to pass; he needs to be more willing to back his guy down. If he can develop a couple decent post moves this off season, that would be a massive lift for next year.

Lovering does something every game that makes me think “there’s something there with this kid”. His second bucket tonight was an athletic move. He moves his feet well for his size and obviously is key on defense. I think Tad needs to make a concerted effort to get him more low post touches. The problem is his first instinct is to pass; he needs to be more willing to back his guy down. If he can develop a couple decent post moves this off season, that would be a massive lift for next year.
I'm also baffled by the the difference in the way he moves of defense vs offense. It's like he's a different person. I think a huge factor in on success next year will be whether Tad brings in a specialty coach to coach him up on the offensive side.

Back