What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - Men's bball hosts Milwaukee (Fri., 12/10/21,7:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

Teams are collapsing the lane & daring us to shoot. Windows in the lane have gotten very tight. That's the book on us the team's got to change by knocking down some 3s.
I'm going to remain convinced this team is too talented to be this crap from three for this long a period until otherwise convinced. This group is going to do Terrible things at some point.

The defense on Baldwin tonight was impressive.

I saw a lot to be encouraged by in this game.

3pt shooting is killing us. 3/15 tonight. If we start knocking them down at just an average level, Jabari & Evan will have space to dominate inside, guards will have driving lanes.

Milwaukee was a pretty decent team. To me our team is reminiscent of 2017 I think where we were like 17-15 and up and down the whole season. Our strong
finishes are encouraging.

Good win Buffs! Offense looked horrendous once again, but I like how Tad went away from the two high post guy offense. I felt the court spacing was better throughout the game. With this team I have to keep reminding myself to be patient with the young guys. Nice to see LOB play well and for Walker to answer the bell in crunch time. Maybe the offensive woes is a blessing for this team since they are being forced to learn and believe in Defense.

Just based on this game NBA scouts: Jabari > Baldwin. And if he gets his 3 pt touch back a dynamic player.

The defense on Baldwin tonight was impressive.

I saw a lot to be encouraged by in this game.

3pt shooting is killing us. 3/15 tonight. If we start knocking them down at just an average level, Jabari & Evan will have space to dominate inside, guards will have driving lanes.

We have the potential to be so dominant inside, but we have to even a hint of a threat from outside to have a chance.

Teams are just going to dare us to beat them from 3, and judging from results so far, we're not going to be able to do it.

It also just seems like we go for long stretches without a guy who is willing to step up and be the man offensively. Evan is a great leader, but he's not the guy who can put the team on his back when we're struggling offensively. I don't know if it's Walker, Kee, KJ, or someone I'm not thinking about, but we need that offensive leader to appear.

I hope they watch film and realize how quick and easy it was to get a 10 pt lead when they force stops and turnovers.

I hope they watch film and realize how quick and easy it was to get a 10 pt lead when they force stops and turnovers.

Yeah, but we were playing ****ing Milwaukee. We gotta be able to shoot better. Turnovers are killer, for sure, but shooting 42% from the field and 20% from 3 at home isn't going to beat the teams we have to beat to reach the postseason, even if we take care of the ball and play the best defense we can.

Tad said on the radio in his post game in his 11 years here, they’re 75-6 when holding opponents under 40% shooting and out rebounding by 8.

Also, KJ needs to be on the floor more, take the good with the bad and all the growing pains that come with it. He’s a dynamic athlete, and plays with arguably as much passion and emotion as Battey.

Yeah, but we were playing ****ing Milwaukee. We gotta be able to shoot better. Turnovers are killer, for sure, but shooting 42% from the field and 20% from 3 at home isn't going to beat the teams we have to beat to reach the postseason, even if we take care of the ball and play the best defense we can.
Agreed but when we are getting stops and turnovers our offense can run downhill and the buckets are easier when the other team is on it’s heels.

I thought I'd read a lot of negative comments from Tad this morning. Instead he was very low key and pretty positive. Fragile egos to care for?

We have 3 or 4 guys right on the edge of coming into their own, and I think this team will be much better in a few weeks.

Tad's coaching failure, was over-estimating the likelihood these guys could develop and play well, w/o more cummulative experience. I was one of many who advocated he keep JH (or 1 of the other transfers) around for another year.

I thought I'd read a lot of negative comments from Tad this morning. Instead he was very low key and pretty positive. Fragile egos to care for?

We have 3 or 4 guys right on the edge of coming into their own, and I think this team will be much better in a few weeks.

Tad's coaching failure, was over-estimating the likelihood these guys could develop and play well, w/o more cummulative experience. I was one of many who advocated he keep JH (or 1 of the other transfers) around for another year.

This was CU's best defensive effort of the season by far. I knew Tad wasn't going to be mad.

This was CU's best defensive effort of the season by far. I knew Tad wasn't going to be mad.
Exactly. CU didn't give a potential top-5 NBA pick anything last night. They were all over the boards after the first 5-6 minutes of the game. The offense was actually executing pretty well, given the number of open looks that CU had, especially in the 2nd half. It's frustrating when open 3's and shots at the rim aren't going in, but last night was a perfect example of how defense and rebounding can win a game when the offense just isn't scoring.

Agreed but when we are getting stops and turnovers our offense can run downhill and the buckets are easier when the other team is on it’s heels.

That's fair, and maybe that's where offense is going to have to come from with these guys.

Back