What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's Bball scheduled to host #15/16 USC (Thurs., 1/20/21, 5:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Network) & #9 UCLA (Sat., 7:00 PM, Pac 12 Network)

I would never complain formally about officiating to NCAA, but I did for this game. The "intentional foul" call by referee Eric Curry was spot on. If you watch the replay UCLA #24 grabs Walker with both hands on either side of his arms which Curry could also see clearly. Then Mr. Inconsistency "Mike Reed" immediately goes to Curry to talk him out if, even though he calls the foul too. Curry to be gracious to his partner reviews the video and they overturn it. Curry tells Boyle, Boyle says nothing. Three minutes to go, trailing by 4 pts, "HOME" team making a rally against #9 team in the nation, and a referee overturns another referees call? This is never done, even the announcer (not dufus Walton) agreed. Questioning a ball out of play possession or which player committed the foul, this is classic referee partner support. Overturning a referee's foul call is not, let alone if it's intentional/flagrant. I could of changed the momentum of the game, extra freethrow(s?) and possession. Boyle needs to become a little more like Bobby Hurly and get more serious with these refs when they screw up so royally at the worst time possible.
The call where I thought we really got screwed last week was when we had a guy (KJ, iirc) have his arm grabbed & pulled to the ground when the trailer was losing him on a screen. Foul called. Waived off because Tad called timeout. On replay, the TO signal - even the TO call from the bench - happened after the foul occurred.

The call where I thought we really got screwed last week was when we had a guy (KJ, iirc) have his arm grabbed & pulled to the ground when the trailer was losing him on a screen. Foul called. Waived off because Tad called timeout. On replay, the TO signal - even the TO call from the bench - happened after the foul occurred.
same ref that told the other ref to waive off the intentional foul call IIRC.

Back