What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread - MEN'S Bball scheduled to host ASU (Thurs., 2/24/22, 7:00 PM MT) and #2 Arizona (Sat., 6:00 PM MT, SENIOR DAY)

I'm a little bitter that my suggestion of referring to hoops Senior night as "kick the keg" never caught on before Coors dropped sponsorship.

Last edited:
The student section has been great all year.
Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

Students have consistently shown up. They have not consistently brought energy to match the heyday of the CUnit back when Bohn was here. This IS the closest CU has come to that level of support (still not close to that level).

But holy **** they brought it against zona and were the only energy in the building lots of nights. RG's change of the bleacher seating basically killed the walk up crowd for almost eveyr home game I went to.

Dude, you've been consistently wrong on this one all year. Period. The students have brought it. The rest of the crowd (and I am including myself in that) dropped the ball.

quote-i-believe-the-children-are-our-future-whitney-houston-84-46-65.jpg
Certain games, yes. Consistently? No. And there was zero organization. Darth captured it above. We had a Top 10 student section for awhile and some of us have obviously forgotten what it could/should be like.

Definitely the most consistent student attendance since 2015-16 season. The students brought energy to both the Tennessee and Oregon games, when nobody else in the building, besides the opponents, had it. The students were amazing for the Arizona game. Some folks just like to comment with impressions from watching TV or regurgitating takes from several years ago. I question whether they go to any games.

The season ticket holders just didn't get the job done this season. It was really disappointing. My 6 and 4 year olds only missed 4 games all season, and we had 1 game where 1 of our 4 tickets was unused, so I just don't get it. And, the general admission bleachers behind us in sections 2-4 were nearly empty for almost every game, outside of the parents attending while their kids sang the national anthem.

Definitely the most consistent student attendance since 2015-16 season. The students brought energy to both the Tennessee and Oregon games, when nobody else in the building, besides the opponents, had it. The students were amazing for the Arizona game. Some folks just like to comment with impressions from watching TV or regurgitating takes from several years ago. I question whether they go to any games.

The season ticket holders just didn't get the job done this season. It was really disappointing. My 6 and 4 year olds only missed 4 games all season, and we had 1 game where 1 of our 4 tickets was unused, so I just don't get it. And, the general admission bleachers behind us in sections 2-4 were nearly empty for almost every game, outside of the parents attending while their kids sang the national anthem.
Gee, I wondeR Geniunely what could be the problem with that...

I'm not gonna **** on the kids who are trying to make chicken salad from chicken ****.
Well played, sir.
Utah Jazz Slow Clap GIF by NBA

• Haha
Reactions: '99

I believe, and I could very well be wrong here, that the GA seats weren't sold this year due to covid precautions. I saw something that said because they were general admission they were harder to police and subject to lots of issues due to capacity limits, masks, etc. etc.. Could be total BS, but I'm willing to give the AD/fans a bit of slack on that one.

I believe, and I could very well be wrong here, that the GA seats weren't sold this year due to covid precautions. I saw something that said because they were general admission they were harder to police and subject to lots of issues due to capacity limits, masks, etc. etc.. Could be total BS, but I'm willing to give the AD/fans a bit of slack on that one.
They must have been sold to the families of anthem singers and halftime kids entertainment. Attendance varied in the GA sections quite significantly, depending on the game. There were many NM fans in those seats for that game, also a surprising number of UW and ASU fans. Other games, there was practically nobody in those sections.

They must have been sold to the families of anthem singers and halftime kids entertainment. Attendance varied in the GA sections quite significantly, depending on the game. There were many NM fans in those seats for that game, also a surprising number of UW and ASU fans. Other games, there was practically nobody in those sections.
To this point, did anybody hear or see any marketing to the general public this year at all?

GA seats were definitely sold for the KU game, and, if reported attendance for AU is correct, I think they had to have been sold for that one as well.

Last edited:
I had GA section season tickets until this year. The seats in those sections were available to buy this year, but they weren't GA any more. Instead of GA tickets the seats were assigned just like everywhere else in the events center.

OK, I found the conversation but because it was a DM I'm not going to screenshot it. Basically, it was along the lines of "partially it is because of having to account for more accurate crowd counts due to covid restrictions". So they WERE selling GA, but it looks like they weren't selling all of them if that makes sense? And it is from the athletic department so there may be a bit of take it for what it's worth there, but I believe them on this.

Reactions: '99
OK, I found the conversation but because it was a DM I'm not going to screenshot it. Basically, it was along the lines of "partially it is because of having to account for more accurate crowd counts due to covid restrictions". So they WERE selling GA, but it looks like they weren't selling all of them if that makes sense? And it is from the athletic department so there may be a bit of take it for what it's worth there, but I believe them on this.
Thank you for the explanation. That does make sense.

I'm not sure that does make sense. announced attendance at AU was over capacity of the Events Center, they had to sell all of the "GA" tickets to achieve that.

link

I'm not sure that does make sense. announced attendance at AU was over capacity of the Events Center, they had to sell all of the "GA" tickets to achieve that.

link
They may have sold them all for the UA game since restrictions were being eased at some levels.

I've got 2 Zona family members. It's been even shorter than that. They go on talking about #1 seed, possible national title, etc, etc. This week I've been able to smile, nod along... and interject with "Scoreboard" every time they pause. 😁
That is my favorite response to smack talk when playing sports. Of course you have to be ahead to say it. I've had it said to me before when talking s*** and there really is no other response than to shake your head and admit you've got work to do. And if the game is over, you're screwed.

I'm not a fan of the "Overrated" chant. I think it decreases the value of the win. They also missed an opportunity for "just like football", and we don't get that chance very often.

Heh, #2 team in the country, we are unranked, and not really a bubble team, at the end of the season... I am ok with it here

Mid season when there is a legit argument that CU is as good or better, I will agree with you.

I don't think anyone can rationally say that CU is a better team than Arizona this year, but we brought it, and they didn't on Saturday night. Same as ASU or S. Illinois, they are not better teams than CU in any respect, but they came to play and beat CU. You cannot sleep through games in Div1 basketball.

Re: the overrated chant - I said the same thing that some of you are referring to above: it cheapens the win, imo. I said as much to the guy I went with at the time. Sure, everyone likes to talk ****, but why would you want to say the team you just beat was worse than advertised? Chant scoreboard or some **** like that if you want to talk ****. Or, as someone pointed out above, do the "just like football" chant, 'cause who the hell else are we going to be able to say that one to?

Back