What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Men's bball scheduled to host WSU (Wed., 1/27, 7:00 PM MT, ESPNU) & Utah (Sat., 12:30 MT, Pac 12 Networks)

this seriously dampers my enthusiasm, feel like I need to take a breather from this team, was way too stoked and apparently had too high of expectations that they’d improve and not regress as the season went on

establishing the fact that I’m not nor have ever been in the #firetad camp, what is your rationale to argue that we are not witnessing his ceiling?

we always get pissed when the Buffs get voted 6th in the pre-season PAC-12 media polls but Tad routinely makes them look smart with terrible second halves of league play
You want to argue, not going to be today. I need to go take a walk after that game. Let the Tad hating start with you guys. The best coach we have had but had a bad game today. Whatever

You want to argue, not going to be today. I need to go take a walk after that game. Let the Tad hating start with you guys. The best coach we have had but had a bad game today. Whatever

shouldnt have used the term argue, good call on the walk, we’re all just frustrated

I know you live and die by the three, but I've never seen both in one game.

That Plummer kid getting hot was ridiculous, but the 4 points we scored during that huge Utah run was the reason we lost. Turnovers, bad shots, missed layups.

It's like a broken record.

My pac 12 feed went out and was fuzzy and/or was playing 4 minute commercials during that meltdown. No idea what happened, but sounds awful. But it looks like a big assist from the refs.

Buffs had three free throws in the second half by my count, two on a technical foul by the coach. Need to play in the paint more.

Not surprised at all. Boyle's team are almost always incredibly soft when they have high expectations. Anyone who's being honest can see this program has 100% peaked at mediocrity with Boyle. It won't matter who he recruits or how much talent is on the roster - Boyle's a second tier, soft coach who can lose at any time to worse teams if there is any pressure to win.

The lack of toughness today was absolutely embarrassing, but there's no pressure whatsoever on Boyle - he knows he can retire here regardless of performance. What's different today is this is a program defining loss. No where to really go from here with Boyle.

Last edited:
Almost got out before seeing this. Argue is what you were starting with what is your rationale. That is what you were looking for

just looking for someone to tell me this happens to all teams so I can shrug it off and get back to enjoying the season and looking forward to a sweet 16 run

My pac 12 feed went out and was fuzzy and/or was playing 4 minute commercials during that meltdown. No idea what happened, but sounds awful. But it looks like a big assist from the refs.
Lucky you.
Refs weren’t great but this is hardly their fault.

just looking for someone to tell me this happens to all teams so I can shrug it off and get back to enjoying the season and looking forward to a sweet 16 run
It doesnt happen to all the teams. We beat Utah on the road but with this loss, we look like we will be lucky to finish in the middle of the conference.

Not surprised at all. Boyle's team are almost always incredibly soft when they have high expectations. Anyone who's being honest can see this program has 100% peaked at mediocrity with Boyle. It won't matter who he recruits or how much talent is on the roster - Boyle's a second tier, soft coach who can lose at any time to worse teams if there is any pressure to win.

The lack of toughness today was absolutely embarrassing, but there's no pressure whatsoever on Boyle - he knows he can retire here regardless of performance. What's different today is this is a program defining loss. No where to really go from here with Boyle.
It’s tough because I think you can’t find a better person to run this program but from a coaching stand point, you are right- we lose the games that count and when expectations are high, we lose.
We should really be playing in the MWC. We’d dominate there.

This is an NIT level team, not an NCAA tourney team.

No, I say this is clearly an NCAA team based on its talent. Unfortunately, this team's lack of mental toughness (just like last year ) is a direct reflection of a soft head coach with no pressure on him whatsoever by the AD. None of this can be fixed, IMO, regardless of the players.

It’s tough because I think you can’t find a better person to run this program but from a coaching stand point, you are right- we lose the games that count and when expectations are high, we lose.
We should really be playing in the MWC. We’d dominate there.

I don't think we would dominate in the Mtn West. We would still lose many games we should win due to a lack of mental toughness.

@buffs233 and @90sBuff this is still a team full of quality young men who are fun to watch most of the time, will finish in the top half of the league, and will make the NCAA tourney

I was reactionary and emotional in my posts, but my main point is we need to appreciate Tad for who he is and maybe slightly lower expectations, which is totally fine considering how historically not good CU basketball as been

Didn't see the game but losing at home in an ugly fashion is never good.

Keep in mind this is college basketball in the PAC. There is very rarely a year when good teams don't suffer an ugly loss. This isn't playoffs, it is regular season basketball and we are a good team but not so good as to to be immune to a bad day.

At this point it is simple. Tad needs to use this loss to motivate this team to be as good as they actually can be.

If he does, and he is a good enough coach that I'd be surprised if he doesn't use it that way, then we could end up as a better team for this.

Still though concerned about our propensity to have dead periods on the offensive end. The players have to suck it up, bring it together, and figure out as a team how to break those bad spells instead of making them worse.

Didn't see the game but losing at home in an ugly fashion is never good.

Keep in mind this is college basketball in the PAC. There is very rarely a year when good teams don't suffer an ugly loss. This isn't playoffs, it is regular season basketball and we are a good team but not so good as to to be immune to a bad day.

At this point it is simple. Tad needs to use this loss to motivate this team to be as good as they actually can be.

If he does, and he is a good enough coach that I'd be surprised if he doesn't use it that way, then we could end up as a better team for this.

Still though concerned about our propensity to have dead periods on the offensive end. The players have to suck it up, bring it together, and figure out as a team how to break those bad spells instead of making them worse.

even though your tone may be slightly different if you watched, gotta say, always appreciate your level-headed takes

They turned off comments on their Instagram post. LOL

I saw the big lead and didn't switch over to the game. What an epic collapse. Wow.

Back