What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's Basketball visits Cal (Friday, 8:00 PM MT) and Stanford (Sunday, 4:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Buffs head out to the Bay Area to pull off an upset or two against Cal on Friday and #17/21 ranked Stanford on Sunday.

Preview article -

Direct link - http://cubuffs.com/news/2018/2/8/womens-basketball-cu-heads-to-the-bay-area-for-two-games.aspx

"
BOULDER – Colorado's women's basketball team will hit the road this weekend for a pair of games in the Bay Area. CU will take on California at 8 p.m. MT on Friday in Berkeley and will face No. 17/21 Stanford at 4 p.m. MT on Sunday. Both games will be televised on Pac-12 Networks and both will be broadcast on the radio in the Denver area on 630 KHOW.

SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
Cal has had an up-and-down season, being ranked as high as No. 20, but dropping out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time this week. The Golden Bears are 15-8 overall and 6-6 in the Pac-12, but have dropped their past three games.

6-foot-4 junior Kristine Anigwe is the leader for Cal, averaging 16.7 points and 8.9 rebounds. She has also blocked a team-high 30 shots this season. Junior Asha Thomas is the only other Cal player averaging double figures in scoring at 10.9 points. Three others average eight or more points, including freshman Kianna Smith at 8.1, who is also the team's assists leader at 4.7 per contest.

Stanford comes into the weekend as one of the hottest teams in the country after sweeping No. 16 Oregon State and No. 6/7 Oregon on the road last weekend. After a difficult non-conference schedule, the Cardinal now sit at 16-8 overall and 10-2 in the Pac-12, tied for first place with Oregon and UCLA. Their two conference losses have come at the hands of Arizona State and UCLA, both on the road.

Senior guard Brittany McPhee leads Stanford at 17.4 points per game and also averages 5.1 rebounds. She is the reigning Pac-12 Player of the Week after finishing with 18 points and 12 rebounds at Oregon State and scoring a career-high 33 points in the win over Oregon, including 31 in the second half. She scored the final 19 points for Stanford in that game and single-handedly outscored Oregon in the second half (31-24).

6-foot-4 junior Alanna Smith averages 13.2 points and 7.4 rebounds. Sophomore guard DiJonai Carrington averages 9.6 points and 6.3 rebounds. Kiana Williams is among the top freshmen in the Pac-12, currently sitting at 8.8 points per game. She has scored in double figures in four of the past five games for the Cardinal.

LOOKING AHEAD:
CU will host Washington and Washington State next weekend, the final two home games of the 2017-18 season. Next Sunday's game vs. the Cougars will be Senior Day and Military Appreciation Day.
"
____________________________________________________________________________________

At Cal (Friday, 8:00 PM MT start)
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Bay Area channel. For those whose TV/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to that Pac 12 channel, the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2018/02/09/colorado-california .

Live Audio - On Radio: 630 KHOW, with broadcast also available for streaming via http://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1188&type=Live .

Live stats - http://calbears.com/sports/2016/8/22/live-stats.aspx

At Stanford (Sunday, 4:00 PM MT start)
Live video -
Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain and Bay Area channels. For those whose TV/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to those Pac 12 channels, the game can also be streamed through a link at https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2018/02/11/colorado-stanford .

Live Audio - On Radio: 630 KHOW, with broadcast also available for streaming via http://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1189&type=Live .

Live stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/stanford/wbball/

Hoping they can pull off an upset against Cal. Stanford, I doubt they can do it but I always have hope.

Hoping they can pull off an upset against Cal. Stanford, I doubt they can do it but I always have hope.
I watched Stanford last week. They don't look as athletic or polished as they were in recent years. So well coached, though.

Tara is an incredible coach. One of the best in the business. They are 10-2 in the conference. The losses are to UCLA and Arizona State. Don't know how ASU beat them.

Tara knows now is the time of the season to start having your team peak. They will be ready for us.

Tara is an incredible coach. One of the best in the business. They are 10-2 in the conference. The losses are to UCLA and Arizona State. Don't know how ASU beat them.

Tara knows now is the time of the season to start having your team peak. They will be ready for us.

Cal can be beat. I think Stanford is a long shot.

So, after a slow start in the 1st quarter for both offenses, both defenses have been having trouble finding stops, and it's 56-56 at the end of 3.

56 all end of third. Buffs scoring on almost every possession, but so are the Bears. Kennedy with 13 points and 7 assists. Correal playing very well.

76-75 Buffs with about a minute left. Cal ball and timeout after an offensive board.

76-78 final. Nice effort but late offensive rebounds (and of course the usual VERY questionable officiating) is a LITTLE too much to overcome.

Bummer - Tough loss tonight as CU looked confident but couldn't hold on to a lead and lost by two. Shot the ball very well, but so did Cal.

Kennedy played all 40 minutes. Hope she has something left for Sunday afternoon.

Well that sucks.

This team has really turned things around to become a squad worthy of getting emotionally invested in. I so want them to get the payoff down the stretch with some breakthrough wins.

Nice effort but late offensive rebounds (and of course the usual VERY questionable officiating)
Agree - thought there were two weak calls against the Buffs in the final four minutes or so that got Cal to the line.

The effort was there for the Buffs, but they just didn't make the plays they need in the final seconds. Also, to be honest, their defense was once again an issue.

Tough loss. Still no Bunn. I am glad Robinson and Leonard shot over a combined 30 shots because they are our only capable scorers with Bunn out. I hope Correra can keep playing well. Very poor call at the end by the referee. Our last two possessions were horrible. We need a sweep next weekend at home.

Set up a final shot in 3 of the 4 quarters. Did not score on single last shot in any quarter.

Happy to see Zoe get her career high in her hometown. I hope she isn't sidelined by her knees after playing so many minutes.

Kennedy and Lexi play great games, but it takes more than 3 shooters.

Scored enough points to win but the defense just isn't there.

It was worse than the final score.
Yeah. I saw that there was a really bad Furd run that ended it early and then the final score was CU winning garbage time. Still. I thought it had potential to be an @UConn type score today.

It was worse than the final score.
I gotta disagree. Trees shot 23 more FT and Tara kept her starters in until the 1 minute mark. Lead got to 20 in the second half but Buffs fought back to 8 at the 3 minute mark. 3 Buffs fouled out and Stanford shot 35 FT vs 12 for Buffs. Officiating is becoming an issue for this team

Not only officiating but adjusting to officiating. There were some bad calls but there were also calls that were consistently being made.

Stanford does not play as clean as the number of fouls indicated. Tara rotated 8 players throughout the game.

CU shot 15% from the arc on 4 for 27 shooting. Had they been making 3's it would have been a ball game. CU did not take advantage of their free throw opportunities. 21 turnovers is too many.

Losses are not only about officiating. There are other areas of the game where the team did not play well.

CU shot 15% from the arc on 4 for 27 shooting. Had they been making 3's it would have been a ball game. CU did not take advantage of their free throw opportunities. 21 turnovers is too many.

Losses are not only about officiating. There are other areas of the game where the team did not play well.
No doubt there are always areas to improve. That being said I can’t recall a game with a 35-13 FT disparage, if you can share it with me. Simply said this team gets very little respect fro the officials.

I didn't see anything positive in today's game. We were impotent on offense with poor shooting and a crazy amount of turnovers. They called the game tight and we didn't adjust. Yes, there were some bad calls but the team taking it to the rim usually gets more calls. If the game was close then I would talk about the refs more but they blew us out no matter what the final score was. Stanford isn't even that athletic and we still turned it over. It's like playing with one hand behind our backs on offense. Just very little fire power. Turning it over and shooting poorly is a poor recipe for winning. I'm not blaming anybody but it's just the way it is. Those last two close losses were tough to swallow but at least we played decent. Tonight was just poor basketball.

21 turnovers and 15% from 3 point range won't win many games. 33% FG overall.

Back