What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's Basketball visits Cal (Friday, 8:00 PM MT) and Stanford (Sunday, 4:00 PM MT)

21 turnovers and 15% from 3 point range won't win many games. 33% FG overall.
But 21 turnovers, 20% from 3 point and 36% FG will apparently win a lot if you are Stanford :) Maybe 12 less foul calls and 23 more free throws does have a significant impact

But 21 turnovers, 20% from 3 point and 36% FG will apparently win a lot if you are Stanford :) Maybe 12 less foul calls and 23 more free throws does have a significant impact

Yes, we lost because of the refs. How did I miss that? It had nothing to do with them getting to the rim consistently and scoring more off turnovers than we did. This was not a close game so blaming the refs is nuts. I saw 2-3 bad calls.

Yes, we lost because of the refs. How did I miss that? It had nothing to do with them getting to the rim consistently and scoring more off turnovers than we did. This was not a close game so blaming the refs is nuts. I saw 2-3 bad calls.
CUoldtimer I did not state that we lost because of the Refs, I said 35-12 FT count has a significant impact on the outcome of a game. Fouls and FTs were statistically the biggest anomaly in this game.

CUoldtimer I did not state that we lost because of the Refs, I said 35-12 FT count has a significant impact on the outcome of a game. Fouls and FTs were statistically the biggest anomaly in this game.

That's fine. My point is most of the time, the reason is the team that drew the most fouls was the most aggressive at driving to the basket. Knight and Hollingshed don't know how to play yet without fouling. I thought 2 of the fouls on Zoe were ridiculous. I just don't worry about the refs when one team gets a 20 point lead. I'm more concerned with why we played so badly offensively. We started doing better in turnovers until yesterday. The lack of offensive weapons with Bunn out is very concerning. It's pretty much up to Leonard and Robinson now. Both need to combine for about 35-40 for us to win. The defense isn't concerned about anybody but those 2 and they shouldn't be. No real solution to this problem this season which is sad. I had hopes of winning 7-8 league games this year and still believe it was possible with Bunn in the line up.

That's fine. My point is most of the time, the reason is the team that drew the most fouls was the most aggressive at driving to the basket. Knight and Hollingshed don't know how to play yet without fouling. I thought 2 of the fouls on Zoe were ridiculous. I just don't worry about the refs when one team gets a 20 point lead. I'm more concerned with why we played so badly offensively. We started doing better in turnovers until yesterday. The lack of offensive weapons with Bunn out is very concerning. It's pretty much up to Leonard and Robinson now. Both need to combine for about 35-40 for us to win. The defense isn't concerned about anybody but those 2 and they shouldn't be. No real solution to this problem this season which is sad. I had hopes of winning 7-8 league games this year and still believe it was possible with Bunn in the line up.

I don’t disagree. I’m simply making the point that weather it’s style of play or something with how games are being called there is an obvious foul/FT issue.
The last four games, in which arguably we’ve played some of our best B.B. of the season, are evidence of this:
CU - opponent
85-61 foul count-
47-94-free throws
That’s an average of 6 more fouls on us and 12 more FTs a game for them

Points in the paint over the same four games- no stat for “aggressive or driving to the basket” Although, I would argue no one in the league is more aggressive to the basket then Kennedy.

Points in paint last 4 games:
144CU—148 opponents

We can’t control the Bunn situation but with a minimum of 5 games left and at least 3 more wins required for any post season opportunity the trend of the last 4 games from a foul/FT perspective needs to change

I don’t disagree. I’m simply making the point that weather it’s style of play or something with how games are being called there is an obvious foul/FT issue.
The last four games, in which arguably we’ve played some of our best B.B. of the season, are evidence of this:
CU - opponent
85-61 foul count-
47-94-free throws
That’s an average of 6 more fouls on us and 12 more FTs a game for them

Points in the paint over the same four games- no stat for “aggressive or driving to the basket” Although, I would argue no one in the league is more aggressive to the basket then Kennedy.

Points in paint last 4 games:
144CU—148 opponents

We can’t control the Bunn situation but with a minimum of 5 games left and at least 3 more wins required for any post season opportunity the trend of the last 4 games from a foul/FT perspective needs to change

Kennedy is about the only one that consistently goes to the rim. Cayla-Do tries but just isn't that effective except in spurts. Points in paint don't mean they are going to the paint in traffic the same. When you make FTs from inside attempts, that doesn't go on inside points scored. I think yesterday's difference was the only huge one. As I said above, the freshmen foul the most along with Zoe. Centers and FR just foul a lot and unfortunately we have to play a lot of FR.

Friday is a must win obviously and then Sunday is huge as well. Just want to go into offseason with a little momentum even if no postseason.

Back