What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's Basketball visits WSU (Friday, 9:00 PM MT) and Washington (Sunday, 3:00 PM MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Preview article -

Direct link - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2018/1/...-on-first-pac-12-road-trip-of-the-season.aspx

"
BOULDER – Colorado's women's basketball team will head to Washington this weekend for its first Pac-12 road trip of the season. The Buffs enter the weekend 10-3 overall and 1-1 in the Pac-12.

Friday's game at Washington State will tip off at 9 p.m. MT and will be televised on Pac-12 Mountain and Pac-12 Washington. Ann Schatz and Elise Woodward will have the call on the networks.

Sunday's game at Washington tips off at 3 p.m. MT. Both games this weekend will be broadcast in the Denver area on the radio on 630 KHOW with Cory Lopez and Carol Callan calling the action.

SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
Wazzu is 7-7 overall, but dropped its first two conference games last weekend on the road at No. 10 Oregon and No. 17 Oregon State. The Cougars are coming off an injury-riddled season that saw them reach the semifinals of the WNIT in 2017. Healthy this season, they got off to a rough by dropping four of their first five games, but finished non-conference play strong.

Washington is 6-7 overall this season and also 0-2 in Pac-12 play. The Huskies are a much different team this season after graduating national player of the year Kelsey Plum and All-American Chantel Osahor.

Despite the losses and being picked last in the Pac-12 this season, UW has been more than competitive this season, holding close with both Oregon and Oregon State last weekend and going 6-5 in non-conference play.
"

Vs. WSU (Friday, 9:00 PM MT start)
Live video - Game is being shown live on the Pac 12 Mountain and Washinngton channels. For those whose TV/ Satellite/ Cord Cutting subscription includes access to one of those Pac 12 channels, believe the game can also be streamed through a link at http://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2018/01/05/colorado-washington-state .

Live Audio - On Radio: 630 KHOW, with broadcast also available for streaming via http://www.cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1178&type=Live .

Live stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=190165

Vs. Washington (Sunday, 3:00 PM MT start)
Live video (Free live stream) -
http://pac-12.com/live/university-washington

Live Audio - On Radio: 630 KHOW, with broadcast also available for streaming via http://www.cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=1179&type=Live .

Live stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=190135

The weekend the Buffs need at least a split to keep themselves in line for an WNIT invite. I know it's early in the conference season, but with the last half of the schedule having them travel more than the first half they need to pile up wins now. Plus both Wazzu and UDub are winnable games.

Mt guess is that the Cougars will try to force the Buffs to play slow ball tonight. Hope the Buffs can be patient on both ends.

Buffs hit a couple late 3's- are down just one (19-20) at the end of the 1st quarter.

Buffs close in spite of already committing 12 turnovers. Emotional play already, with 2 "un-sportman like conduct" fouls (or whatever the announcers are calling it) called on 2 players on both teams already called for action after the whistle.

Last edited:
In addition to turnovers, the Buffs have to defend better. It's been an ongoing issue since last season.

Buffs look a step or two slow on both ends and with rebounding, much like in the ASU loss.

We are just too young. Too many new faces. When you think about it, the only players that did anything last year was our starting guards. Cayla-Do averaged 2 ppg. Brecca barely played. Correal can't play this season it seems. Everybody else is brand new from HS or JC. Young teams turn the ball over. Young teams foul too much. Young teams break down defensively. I'm starting to think 5-6 PAC 12 wins this year will be the best we can do. These young players need to develop and the two Freshmen are going to have to contribute if we are going to make a big jump next year to .500 in this league.

CU had the deficit down to five with a few minutes left in the quarter, but they just can't maintain momentum. Maybe it is that there are so many newcomers in key roles.
Jank is a non-factor tonight.

Buffs shooting has gone cold, and they've been beaten down the court I believe 3 times recently for easy WSU buckets. It's 65-82 cougars at the last media timeout.

75-89 is the final.

Career night for WSU's top player, just back from injury. Amazing in a way it was as close as it was given her day (37 pts. on 21 shots) and the CU turnovers (although they did clean that up in the 2nd half and "only" ended up with 23).

Do I keep saying "must win?" Well now I mean it. Get over this poor performance and figure out how to defend and rebound v UDub on Sunday afternoon.

Janea has to stay on the court for the Buffs to have a chance to win conference games. She is very quick on the interior.

Typical game for Kennedy, stats wise.

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but "too many easy shots" occurs too often v the Buffs.

Do I keep saying "must win?" Well now I mean it. Get over this poor performance and figure out how to defend and rebound v UDub on Sunday afternoon.

It looks like they need to sweep AZ and UW to have kind of decent record in the league.

Buffs did not play their game. It may be a long season.

I don't really know what our game is. I assume we like to cause turnovers and score off of those but we don't have the pieces yet for that in this league. The main thing is to get the turnovers down, tighten up the defense and defensive rebounding for Sunday.

Defense wins. If the defense had been there last night, it's possible the team won. JR said when you score 75 points, you should win. She is right.

Unfortunately the Wazzu game looked a lot like the (disastrous) ASU game. Hopefully the UW game has more in common with the UA game.

ASU is now 3-0.

I hope today's game will show improvement, big time improvement. Team is not going to be successful playing poorly on Friday and playing better on Sunday. Too many Sunday games against better teams are in the future.

What a bad half. Robinson is the only one playing worth a damn (pardon my French). 12 turnovers. I have no idea how it's only an 8 point lead.

Last edited:
Buffs up 48-43 at end of 3rd. Didn't see but the last few minutes, so can't comment other than the Buffs are putting on a bit of full court pressure.

Great 3rd by the Buffs as they turn an 8 point halftime deficit to a 5 point lead (48-43). Buffs full-court pressure causing more problems to the opponent vs. Washington's.

Back