What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's bball hosts Texas Southern (Tuesday,12/3, 7:00 PM) & visits Xavier (Friday, 5:00 PM MT)

Nope. Same lazy voter as last week. One voter, three points. Not three voters. He actually voted the Buffs as #23, which is worth 3 points. A #1 vote is worth 25 points, a #25 vote is worth one point. This week getting the #25 spot require 56 points and getting #1 required more than 686 points.

Chad Conine is a Baylor homer. The Colorado vote is a red herring. Some knowledgeable WBB AP voters like Michelle Smith have three Pac-12 teams in their top four along with UCONN. Mechelle Voepel actually has three Pac-12 teams as her 1, 2, and 3. Chad Conine is throwing Colorado in there to disguise his anti-Pac-12 voting and pro-Baylor homer voting. He lives in Waco, and voted Baylor as his #3. He only has one Pac-12 team in his top-3. Chad actually didn't vote Oregon #1 the week they managed to beat Team-USA. I believe he was the only AP voter that did that.

From his bio, " Conversely, as an upholder of the legacy of sportswriters before me, I want to give an honest account of the personalities and place in the stories I tell."
Interesting stuff.

I guess the hope is that other voters will see CU listed and might be influenced by that if we stay undefeated for a while. It can only help recruiting, which is the main (only?) reason to care about December AP votes.

Back