What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's bball hosts USC (Friday,1/10, 7:00 MT) & #8/9 UCLA (Sunday, Noon MT)

How is that not a foul on the rebound?!?!?!

I really hope they can at least find a way to reverse to CU possession.

To start the season, I was pretty down on the team and thinking JRs seat was warm. I didn't know what to think after the strong OOC games, but we seem to be legitimately good. We are young too. Go Buffs!

nice comeback and I did not like the play at the end but not the reason they lost. This team continues to impress me. UCLA has a ton of talent and I thought the game was over after the 19-0 run but nice comeback and I can see good things in the future for this team.

After getting so far down, it would have been easy to say "screw it" and not give their all.

The players on the court never quit on each other or themselves. The bench never quit.

Last year's team would never have come back. Never.

If you can't see this team is better than JR's previous teams, you need your eyes examined.

Wish they could have made the magic happen. They will before the season is over. This team is not a pushover like it was last year.

Every team has injuries. Not having Whitaker available and losing Finau in the 4th quarter hurt.

This team is not getting any homer calls from the officials. None. If they were, this could easily have been a W.

#myteam

To start the season, I was pretty down on the team and thinking JRs seat was warm. I didn't know what to think after the strong OOC games, but we seem to be legitimately good. We are young too. Go Buffs!

I thought the same thing.

At the same time, every time there is a coaching change (at least with our WBB program), we have taken many steps backward. The program, especially the culture between coaches and players, was in the tank when JR arrived.

I do not think that is true today. A program that was as far down as it was when JR was hired has to be built from the very bottom. It's a process and it isn't going to happen overnight.

We are a better team this year. I was not impressed with some of the sophomores last year when they were freshmen. These kids committed themselves to the process of getting better and to the team. They worked their butts off all summer. Their hard work is paying off. Peanut lost 20 pounds and her body looks nothing like it did last year. The experience Finau gained last season because of Kennedy's injury has worked to her favor this season. She was not ready for Pac-12 competition when she had to start and play a year ago.

I can't wait to see Jaylyn Sherrod after a summer of hard work. On the radio again, they mentioned she's battling a bug. She still gave it everything she had and she did get fouled and got no call. She is only going to get better.

Volcy has also surprised me. She gives mostly quality minutes when she is needed on the court. Q only had this season left and she is a better player. Mya is a better player. She used to lose her temper. I think I've seen her do that once this season. I remember technical fouls in the past for things that should not have happened. She is not the most gifted player on the team, but who is leading the team in scoring?

Until this season, we have not had a healthy Aubrey Knight. Jank has accepted her role. Clark is a shooter. I wish more of her shots were falling.

I don't know the difference with the chemistry of the players, but from an observer watching games from 1000 miles away, it looks better to me.

agree with Buffgal. The sophomores have improved so much since last year and now I am not afraid when certain players are out or their shots are not falling. The fact that Clark has improved her game and added rebounding and other tings is great. This team would have lost by 40 last year but they have so much more grit. If the season keeps going like this J.R should be considered for coach of the year. I no nothing about the previous culture between coaches and players but if it was a toxic as some have saiid J.R. has done an amazing job changing it.

From what some former players have said, I am amazed there was no NCAA investigation in to what was happening at CU.

Yes, once the team got down so far in the 3rd quarter, last year's team would have folded.

Brian Howell of the Daily Camera interviewed Peanut and Charlotte in his podcast today. Really impressed with the leadership of Peanut. Much of the theme of the reason they are winning is team chemistry and how much better and more of a team it is this year. It was a good listen. Do not know how many are but Kylee Blacksten and Alyssa LaFontaine were nominated for McDonalds All-Americans. I have not seen that of recent commits.

Brian Howell of the Daily Camera interviewed Peanut and Charlotte in his podcast today. Really impressed with the leadership of Peanut. Much of the theme of the reason they are winning is team chemistry and how much better and more of a team it is this year. It was a good listen. Do not know how many are but Kylee Blacksten and Alyssa LaFontaine were nominated for McDonalds All-Americans. I have not seen that of recent commits.

At least on the men's side, and I'm pretty confident it's similar for the women's side, McD's nomination are in the hundreds. To be nominated doesn't even mean you're a top 150 player, but more like top 300 or even more - I'm not sure on exactly how many are nominated. When I was in HS, a few guys at my school were nominated, which at the time shocked me. They were good, but not nationally recruited by big schools. Then I came to learn many players get nominated.

Making the actual team though, of course, is very special.

Was driving home from the airport late one night last year listening to the game on the radio. Found myself just smiling whenever Peanut's name was mentioned. I really appreciate having her on the team, and her name is probably one of the least important reasons, but it just struck me how every other player had their name used except for Peanut.

For me, she is the Evan of the women's team.

At least on the men's side, and I'm pretty confident it's similar for the women's side, McD's nomination are in the hundreds. To be nominated doesn't even mean you're a top 150 player, but more like top 300 or even more - I'm not sure on exactly how many are nominated. When I was in HS, a few guys at my school were nominated, which at the time shocked me. They were good, but not nationally recruited by big schools. Then I came to learn many players get nominated.

I kind of thought that but I do not remember other recruits in past years being nominated. Maybe CU is doing a better job of marketing this year or maybe it is me hoping that their recruiting is improving

I believe that there are over 500 girls nominated for McD AA this year. Even the mysterious verbal Sophia Gerber is a nominee. So I'm not sure what this tells us. I don't think CU WBB has ever had a recruit who made the McD team. Some day soon I hope to see that.

I believe that there are over 500 girls nominated for McD AA this year. Even the mysterious verbal Sophia Gerber is a nominee. So I'm not sure what this tells us. I don't think CU WBB has ever had a recruit who made the McD team. Some day soon I hope to see that.
I think Erin Scholz was. I remember she was playing in a all star game and I do not think there were that many back then. I could be wrong but that is my memory

I think Erin Scholz was. I remember she was playing in a all star game and I do not think there were that many back then. I could be wrong but that is my memory
Has the women's McDonald's game been going on as long as the men's? I was thinking, probably not, but didn't know for sure.

Back