What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- Women's Bball opens Pac play hosting ASU (Friday, 7:00 PM) and Arizona (Sunday, 1:00)

I did something I haven't done in a long time, if ever last night - left at the end of the third quarter. And I wasn't the only one.
Statistics can't do justice to what went on in the game. CU was demoralized more or less by the end of the first quarter. As my son said, "They played as if they didn't care."

ASU executed their game plan very well. The Buffs just wilted. It was disheartening to see the veterans not have the mental toughness to lead the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Short Buffzone/ Daily Camera preview (By Brian Howell) of tomorrow's Arizona game - http://www.buffzone.com/ci_31560290/cu-womens-basketball-preview-arizona?source=rss

"

NOTABLE: Both teams were routed in their Pac-12 opener on Friday. CU lost at home to Arizona State, 72-47, while Arizona lost at Utah, 89-55. ... The Buffs are 15-4 all-time against the Wildcats, including 9-1 at home. CU is 9-1 against Arizona since joining the Pac-12. ... This season, CU has a plus-9.4 average rebounding margin, while Arizona is at minus-1.6. ... CU is trying to avoid its fourth consecutive 0-2 start to Pac-12 play. ... Leonard needs just three points to pass former teammate Haley Smith for 25th on CU's career scoring list. Leonard comes in with 1,100 career points.
"

I did something I haven't done in a long time, if ever last night - left at the end of the third quarter. And I wasn't the only one.
Statistics can't do justice to what went on in the game. CU was demoralized more or less by the end of the first quarter. As my son said, "They played as if they didn't care."

ASU executed their game plan very well. The Buffs just wilted. It was disheartening to see the veterans not have the mental toughness to lead the rest of the team.

More later.
I think JR decided this one was over pretty early and chose to play the bench extensively to get them some pac 12 experience and save Lex and Kennedy for Arizona. No doubt after the first 5 minutes our intensity was unacceptable and well below ASUs. Lex played about 7 minutes in the second half and Kennedy played the first five minutes of the 3rd quarter and watched the rest of the game from the bench. They appeared engaged and supportive of thier team. and teammates while sitting longer then I’ve seen in thier time here. Not sure about not having mental toughness after what we’ve seen those two do over the last 75 games.

I am hoping to see a different level of intensity on the court today against Arizona.
Absolutely - and it's a "must win" if the Buffs aspire to be playing beyond the Pac 12 tourney this season.

Looks Arizona isn't very good at rebounding this season. My guess is they aren't as disciplined as ASU which works well for the Buffs.

Beyond intensity from the team as a whole, I want to see the veterans produce on both ends of the court, to lead by example.

I am hoping to see a different level of intensity on the court today against Arizona.

I would like to see Leonard and Robinson shoot about 17-18 times between them in the first half. Bunn and Robinson need to stay out of foul trouble as well.

Buffs played so much better today. They did have intensity on both ends of the court. They shot well, rebounded well, hit free throws, cut down on turnovers, moved the ball around and played like a team who believes they can win.

Arizona State beat Utah today so went 2-0 on their mountain road trip.

On to the Washington schools.

One of my favorite plays of the game and the reasons why Kennedy and Annika are so good together:

Kennedy gets the rebound and finds Annika on the run. Annika scores with contact - a very important skill.

Today's game was in so many ways the antithesis of Friday night. The Buffs' shot the ball well from the perimeter, rebounded, didn't turn the ball over much. And it helped that Arizona is not even close to the team that ASU is this season. Indeed, the Wildcats look like a good candidate to finish at the bottom of the Pac.

Kennedy, Robinson and Jank all were hitting from behind the arc and it really made a difference. All three are going to consistently be good in this respect for the team to win in Washington.

Boy can Bunn create problems in terms of match-ups. On the flip side she fouls too easily and this sits a lot. Today she only played 18 minutes.

Back