What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

If that happens, Bohn is going to get a reputation (deserved or not) as a realignment rainmaker. Would be funny to see CSU go after him.

If BYU doesn't get it, it may become unbearable out here. The only reason to keep them out would be Sunday play.

Ramnation was actually debating whether there would be a bidding war between the Pac-12 and Big-12 over CSU. No joke

The only way I would even remotely consider that ****ing team in our conference is if they were in the north division. And while in the north division we start on an 8yr break from them in the regular season. Mirror what happened to us with oregon.

That scenario of course is ignoring all the reasons why the Pac-12 WOULD NOT extend them an invite.

Doesnt that seem a bit weird, there has to be some bad blood between Bohn and someone in the Big 12

I doubt it. Of all the schools that left, we did it with the least amount of animosity. It was never "this place sucks". It was always "we have a large alumni base on the West Coast that we need to connect with better".

**** yeah there will be. Hell, I'll start it. $100 bucks to make them stay out of the Pac 12. Cash on the barrelhead.

Now that's a way they can fund their stadium (other than Lady Gaga concerts.) Pay us or we will come screw up your league.

Ramnation was actually debating whether there would be a bidding war between the Pac-12 and Big-12 over CSU. No joke

CSU adds no value to the PAC12. What, adding the Ft Collins TV market? Might as well add Wyoming. Can't believe they would think that even remotely made sense.

I could see the B12 looking at them to get back in the Denver market. But only if they were going to 14 or 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSU adds no value to the PAC12. What, adding the Ft Collins TV market? Might as well add Wyoming. Can't believe they would think that even remotely made sense.

I could see the B12 looking at them to get back in the Denver market. But only if they were going to 14 or 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fort Collins is counted in the Denver TV market.

The two other markets in the state are Colorado Springs/Pueblo and Grand Junction.

Adding CSU sews up the Denver market as an all Pac12 TV market though that wouldn't necessarily mean much anymore because of the existence of ESPN, Fox and Conf TV networks. Back when there was only ABC, CBS, and NBC showing games it was a bigger deal to control the entire market.

Last edited:
Fort Collins is counted in the Denver TV market.

The two other markets in the state are Colorado Springs/Pueblo and Grand Junction.

Adding CSU sews up the Denver market as an all Pac12 TV market though that wouldn't necessarily mean much anymore because of the existence of ESPN, Fox and Conf TV networks. Back when there was only ABC, CBS, and NBC showing games it was a bigger deal to control the entire market.
http://bl.ocks.org/simzou/6459889

I thought they considered Ft Collins-Loveland-Greeley its own TV market. It is not - it is part of Denver just like you said. Link is both interesting and weird. Not sure how they came up with some of those splits.

http://bl.ocks.org/simzou/6459889

I thought they considered Ft Collins-Loveland-Greeley its own TV market. It is not - it is part of Denver just like you said. Link is both interesting and weird. Not sure how they came up with some of those splits.

Which TV stations are up there?

You have to have a least a couple of network affiliate stations in order to carve out your own market. Those stations need to be VHF (2-13 or 14) and not UHF (14 or 15 to 89).

The Denver stations effectively blocked any competition and insured near state wide domination by placing their high power transmitters on top of a mountain and guaranteeing line of sight penetration to the state line. In the mountains they've placed a few uplink boosters too. If they were forced on to a tower like everyone east of here there would be a VHF channel or two available due to the curvature of he earth for a station to spring up up there to serve Cheyenne and NoCo. Denver TV thus owns the state.

Last edited:
Which TV stations are up there?

You have to have a least a couple of network affiliate stations in order to carve out your own market. Those stations need to be VHF (2-13 or 14) and not UHF (14 or 15 to 89).

The Denver stations effectively blocked any competition and insured near state wide domination by placing their high power transmitters on top of a mountain and guaranteeing line of sight penetration to the state line. In the mountains they've placed a few uplink boosters too. If they were forced on to a tower like everyone east of here there would be a VHF channel or two available due to the curvature of he earth for a station to spring up up there to serve Cheyenne and NoCo. Denver TV thus owns the state.
Ft Collins appears to have their own Fox station, but the others closed up shop over the years.

So who is rumored to be next? Went to their sight and they don't seem to be discussing it?

So who is rumored to be next? Went to their sight and they don't seem to be discussing it?
It was discussed right when McElwain left but there hasn't been any news out of CSU or any twitterverse speculation to give an indication on what's happening or who the real candidates are. At this point any names are a shot in the dark: Orgeron, Frost, Herman (Ohio State OC), Montgomery (Baylor OC), Lane Kiffin, Matt Lubick (Oregon Passing Game Coordinator/Receivers Coach), Gonzales (Mississippi State Co-OC/Receivers Coach), Baldwin (CSU OC), Stitt (Mines HC), and add anyone else who has done anything remotely good here. Who knows if any of these guys would even be interested. CSU has retained that same search firm that helped guide the selections of McElwain and Eustachy. Both of those hires were made with very little information being shared prior to the official announcement, so I expect that to be the case this time around. I'm hoping they can make the hire before the bowl game but nothing about a timetable has been shared.

It was discussed right when McElwain left but there hasn't been any news out of CSU or any twitterverse speculation to give an indication on what's happening or who the real candidates are. At this point any names are a shot in the dark: Orgeron, Frost, Herman (Ohio State OC), Montgomery (Baylor OC), Lane Kiffin, Matt Lubick (Oregon Passing Game Coordinator/Receivers Coach), Gonzales (Mississippi State Co-OC/Receivers Coach), Baldwin (CSU OC), Stitt (Mines HC), and add anyone else who has done anything remotely good here. Who knows if any of these guys would even be interested. CSU has retained that same search firm that helped guide the selections of McElwain and Eustachy. Both of those hires were made with very little information being shared prior to the official announcement, so I expect that to be the case this time around. I'm hoping they can make the hire before the bowl game but nothing about a timetable has been shared.

Stitt is on Montana's radar for the HC job there, FWIW.

Very happy to hear that a search firm has been retained.

Back