What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Greatest Email Ever

Im not getting into this argument. Who had the highest grad rate in the Big 12? Ermmm what?:lol:

Calm down people Im not dissing CU I'm saying...who gives a **** about who does what better....THEY ARE STATE SCHOOLS. People will hire an NU degree just as fast as a CU degree or a CSU degree. It doesn't matter. Degrees are ****in worthless smell good farts anyways...they don't dictate intelligence. And for that matter...Iowa Universities smoke both of ours in terms of research departments but I'd very much rather stay with my Nebraska.

Put it this way.....Colorado University...your **** does stink. Along with NU's and any other school for that matter.
And Blaise get off your high horse...you are not all that and a bag of ****in potato wedges. And please....no more posting about you in the shower...think I threw up in my mouth a little. Take your NASA garbage I could really give a ****. I'll take 5 national championships.

clear translation: you don't know the value of a CU degree. just because your non-existant degree does not open any doors, it is hard for you to know when a degree CAN open doors.

also, cu research is nationally acclaimed. not many "smoke" our campus. i know that is real hard for you to grasp. still, your inability to do so does not alter reality.

frankly, i am thankful i do nothing for you. that means i am the opposite of a furry, fat farm animal that you love to molest. :thumbsup:

after posting, i dragged myself to the shower to wake up. while in there, i thought of a couple points:

1. "NU is near the top in many categories and usually much higher than either CU or CSU" - let's see the backup. i am sure that they are - in some category that would impress anyone from a 12-count town. personally, i find that they are proud of their medical complex, before considering what other campusses have. however, there is NO WAY that a university with no nobel prize winners, no links to arguably the hottest agency in the nation for technology (NASA) will eclipse what is going on at CU. CU does rate among the best. for nebraska to eclipse that, they would have to be a top ten school. that just isn't so.

2. this "about the same" comparison thing - i find that to be a copout for people who knowingly sacrifice quality and prestige in order to skimp on bucks. i would bet that some aggys of the north think that csu's recruiting this year was "about the same" than cu's. in reality, they are practically polar opposites. to bluster your way and claim they are "about the same" is an exercise in blurry vision.

3. relevance and rigor - that is what the school argument really boils down to. can schools with slightly to divergently lower admission standards, and a less qualified staff punch out graduates with as much respect and perstige as a cu diploma carries? a number of people argue no. ny parents argued no, when i thought for a second to follow some less-academically inclined friends to csu. i got a "hell no" and a schooling from my father, who has no ties to either institution, but who was savvy enough to realize what a degree from the better school would mean. it is a "hell no" from swchool boards across the country. how i know that is that they gushed about my transcripts in comparison to other applicants they have run across from colorado. it very much favorably compares to requirements from universities here. they said "WOW! we have never seen so much science in our lives!" all but one district offered me, following an interview, and the one was leaning towards a teacher-coach. i think that suggests that everyone can respect relevance and rigor when they see it. in addition, there is no shortage of sources that give the nod to cu with respect to rankings, love, honor, and prestige. frankly, all that love is missing from nu and csu. another b12 school i DO see getting love is oklahoma, with the fact that per capita, they have more rhodes scholars than any other university in the world. that demonstrates rigor and relevance, too.

i am sure that there are a number of schools that csu and nu compare to, but it is NOT cu. while i may be a homer, i am also a realist. nu grads? not in my district. there IS a nu grad at a district down the road. but his district is not on the cusp of a district-wide exemplary rating. ours was literally a small handful of students away from the highest rating this year. we are still sitting very pretty, and have an eye to give our students meaning, relevance, and rigor. it is all about the mindset to be the best and most sought after district in the state. it has happened, and will continue to happen. it is the same with cu vs. the other schools compared in this thread.

Wow. Quite an analysis. Very impressive except that if you read the thread of posts, you'll see I was clearly referring to "Northwestern University," not the University of Nebraska. LOL.

Umm...of all the times I have told that joke, this is the very first time I've actually had to spell it out to someone that it's obviously not meant seriously.

uhm, i "get it" that csu is a joke. yep. that pretty much sums it up. :thumbsup:

Wow. Quite an analysis. Very impressive except that if you read the thread of posts, you'll see I was clearly referring to "Northwestern University," not the University of Nebraska. LOL.

:smile2: as i said, i had just got out of bed when i read that. there are others here who DO think that knu (let's use those identifiers so as not to confuse with northwestern) is all that. half-asleep, i thought that was what you were saying.

to be clear, anyone who thinks a knu or csu education employs the same relevance and rigor as one from cu is just delusional. :thumbsup:

Well played. I have heard some Buff fans say that if CU gets any better it will be known as the "Harvard of the West." I can only say in reply that if Harvard gets any better, it will be known as the "CSU of the East."

:wink2:

Touche. They say Gainesville is the Harvard of the South.

Hey, the price of a Breck condo and a college education are about the same. Both can be financed. Glad to know your priorities. The thing about going to school at CU, you can have the best of both worlds.

My father has a condo...my mother had sole custody. My father is...how you say....more of a gambler than a father.

Dude - you have way too much time on your hands to escalate your inferiority complex. The schools are different - built by the state for different purposes and play in different conferences. This is about an in state "rivalry" that CU should win almost always being in the Big 12. Any Coloradan worth his/her salt knows plenty of great people who attended both schools (a holes as well).

Since we are talking smack I'll add my own: out of state obnoxius rich kids: CU 8,000 CSU zero.

There is a much deeper list of Alums that didn't get play. Glenn Miller (didn't graduate nor did Redford), Dalton Trumbo, Several Rhodes Scholars and MacArthur Genius winner also got missed.

Nobel Laureates

John L. Hall, Nobel Laureate in Physics in 2005
Eric Allin Cornell, Nobel Laureate in Physics in 2001
Carl Wieman, Nobel Laureate in Physics in 2001
Herbert Kroemer, Nobel Laureate in Physics in 2000
Thomas R. Cech, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry in 1989
Sidney Altman, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry in 1989
Notable faculty and staff

Bernard Amadei, civil engineer, founder of Engineers Without Borders
Fred Anderson, historian, author of The Crucible of War
Albert Bartlett, physicist, popular writer on exponential growth in populations, and energy resources
Petr Beckmann, physicist, engineer
Sarvadaman Chowla, mathematician
Ward Churchill, ethnic studies professor noted for inflammatory statements dealing with 9/11
Noel Clark, 2006 Oliver E. Buckley Prize for condensed matter physics
William Duane, physicist, known for research in radioactivity and X-rays and their application in radiotherapy
Larry Esposito, discoverer of Saturn’s fourth ring
George Gamow, physicist and cosmologist
Edward Greenberg. University of Colorado Professor
Deborah S. Jin, physicist
Patricia N. Limerick, historian and occasional New York Times columnist
Richard McCray, astrophysicist
Margaret Murnane, physicist, pioneer of femto-second laser research; MacArthur fellow
Norman Pace, biologist, 2001 MacArthur "genius grant" recipient, RNA research
Carter Pann, composer
Mary Rippon, professor, believed to be the first female professor to teach at a state university
Geoff Rubinstein, media scholar
Payson Sheets, anthropologist, discoverer of Joya de Cerén archeological site.
John Michael Shull. astrophysicist
Robert Schulzinger, historian, Distinguished Professor; expert on US foreign relations and the Vietnam War
Hobart Muir Smith, most published herpetologist of all time; Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
John Taylor, physicist
Michael Tracey, famed author
Stanislaw Ulam, mathematician
Notable alumni

Academia, Science and Technology

Giridhari L. Agrawal, a world leader in foil air bearing technology and high speed turbomachinery
Oscar Clagett, chief of surgery and professor at Mayo Clinic
Ward Darley, president, University of Colorado
William B. Davis, chancellor of the Oregon State University system, one time president of Idaho State University, University of New Mexico, and Louisiana State University (chancellor)
Vine Deloria, Jr., academic and political author on Native American subjects
W. Edwards Deming, renowned expert who created a revolution in quality and dependability in Japan's manufacturing production, thereby turning it into an economic superpower
Thomas Hendricks, distinguished geologist, winner of Medal of Freedom and Distinguished Service Award of the US Department of Interior
Barbara Huff, a notable Oracle database architect and entrepreneur
Thomas Hornbein, developed the standard breathing mask after climbing Mt. Everest in 1963
Clifford Houston, president of Mesa State College
Alan Kay, computer scientist, Turing Award winner
Lynne Lewis, environmental economist at Bates College
Christopher McKay, planetary scientist at NASA Ames Research Center
Kenneth Miller, renowned biologist at Brown University
Richard Tatlow, president of the American Consulting Engineers Council and the American Society of Civil Engineers
Arts, Film and Literature
Stan Brakhage, filmmaker
Cynthia Lawrence Calkins, opera star
Judy Collins, American folk musician
Ed Dorn, poet
Patricia Elliott, Tony Award
John Fante, author of Ask the Dust
Joe Flanigan, actor
Dave Grusin, composer, winner of three Academy and three Grammy awards
Larry Linville, actor (M*A*S*H)
Christopher Meloni, actor
Glenn Miller, band leader
Trey Parker, Creator of South Park
Robert Redford, actor, did not graduate, founder of the Sundance Film Festival
Aaron Simpson, Emmy-nominated animation producer
Paul Soldner, artist
Jean Stafford, Pulitzer prize winner
Matt Stone, Co-Creator of South Park
Dalton Trumbo, writer, Academy Award winner
Joan Van Ark, actress
Carrie Vaughn, writer
Lisa Donovan, actress
Athletics
Dick Anderson, NFL defensive back
Tom Ashworth, NFL offensive tackle, plays for Seattle Seahawks
Dede Barry, cyclist, won silver in the 2004 Summer Olympics in the women's time trial
Mitch Berger, NFL punter, plays for New Orleans Saints
Chauncey Billups, member of the Detroit Pistons of the NBA, 2004 NBA Finals MVP
Jeremy Bloom, Olympic Skier (played football for Colorado), drafted by Philadelphia Eagles
Tyler Brayton, NFL defensive end, plays for Oakland Raiders
Rae Carruth, former wide receiver for the Carolina Panthers
Chris Brown (American football), football player
Christian Fauria, NFL tight end for the Washington Redskins
Chris Fowler, ESPN College Football analyst
Adam Goucher, Professional Runner with Nike, Olympian 2000
Daniel Graham, NFL tight end, plays for Denver Broncos
Alex Gurney, professional auto racing driver
Tyler Hamilton, cyclist, many impressive finishes at the Tour de France, Summer Olympics
David Harrison, center for the Indiana Pacers
Jimmie Heuga, Olympic bronze medal in alpine skiing
Katie Hnida, football place kicker (graduated from University of New Mexico)
Jay Howell, retired Major League Baseball pitcher of 15 years
Hale Irwin, golf three time U.S. Open champion
Jonathan Kaye, professional golfer on PGA Tour
Billy Kidd, bronze medal in alpine skiing, 1970 world ski champion
Matt Lepsis, NFL offensive tackle for the Denver Broncos
Michael Lewis, NFL safety for the Philadelphia Eagles
James Naismith, inventor of basketball
Dathan Ritzenhein, Professional Runner with Nike, Olympian 2004
Kordell Stewart, football player
Debi Thomas, Olympic figure skater
Bill Toomey, Olympic gold medal in the decathlon
Michael Westbrook, football player
John Wooten, All-American; played for the Cleveland Browns; former vice president/director for the Philadelphia Eagles; assistant director for the Baltimore Ravens
Rashaan Salaam, 1994 Heisman Trophy winner
Behrang Harsini, NFL Defensive Back for the Philadelphia Eagles
Kevin Corke is a great dude, and huge Buff supporter....just in case you were wondering. PS, sorry it took me 12 years to post this.

I've got trust in Hawkins.. he knows what he is doing

Bernard Jackson will be a Heisman candidate this year and Hawk knows how to recruit blue chips .. 5 star Lynn Katoa will be a stud and Top 5 NFL draft pick

Only worry for CU is if the Denver Broncos will come and steal Hawk from us before we can win the BCS, Shanny's days are numbered

I've got trust in Hawkins.. he knows what he is doing

Bernard Jackson will be a Heisman candidate this year and Hawk knows how to recruit blue chips .. 5 star Lynn Katoa will be a stud and Top 5 NFL draft pick

Only worry for CU is if the Denver Broncos will come and steal Hawk from us before we can win the BCS, Shanny's days are numbered
Oh man I hope he lets his son play qb!

Speaking of back in the day, I saw absinthe’s avatar on the GABF thread and realized he hasn’t been around for a while

I got this from a buddy at work: :smile2:

Dear Colorado State,

I would like to take this opportunity to remind you how completely
worthless you are. There has been a lot of talk from CSU fans this
week about CU football, and a lot of it, deservedly so. Losing to
Montana St. last year is inexcusable. But I would rather lose to
Montana St 12 times and never win a football game ever again, then to
have any affiliation with CSU.

Now I understand that many of you hold grudges because you got turned
down for admission into CU, but blame that on your stupidity, not on
CU. I too would be bitter if I had to live in Fort Collins knowing
that one of the best institutions in the country, located in one of the
most beautiful cities in America, was just down the road, but that I
wasn't good enough to get in.

Spare me your dirty hippy speech because we have all heard that
before. The only hippies I knew at CU were brilliant kids in the
engineering department who drove new 4-runners. I know being open
minded, questioning authority and being interested in sports, music
and the arts may sound like a hippy to you, but to many, those are actually
desirable traits.

Now I admit that there is a good chance that CSU will beat us on
Saturday, and if that does happen I will be the first to admit defeat,
but what do you have to look forward after that? The fact is that we
ARE your season. Sure you can look forward to that exciting Mountain
West schedule and play times like Utah. CU will struggle this year,
but even a BS scandal invented by the media cant keep us down. We have
the coach and AD that will make us national contenders again,
something CSU never has been and never will be.

So in short, please stop running your mouth...you go to CSU for christs sake!

some further info:

CSU vs. CU

1. Nobel Prize Winners: CSU-0, CU-4

2. Members of Prestigious National Academies: CSU-7, CU-37
a. National Academy of Science CSU-4, CU-21
b. National Academy of Arts and Science CSU-3, CU-12
c. National Academy of Education CSU-0, CU-4

3. Fulbright Scholars: CSU-23, CU-84

4. Satellites currently controlled by University based Control Centers: CSU-0, CU-3

5. Number of spacecraft operated by University: CSU-0, CU-more than any other schools combined

6. Number of alumni astronauts to have flown in space: CSU-0, CU-17

7. CU-Boulder is the only research institution in the world to have designed and built space instruments for NASA that have been launched to every planet in the solar system. (*Rams fans - For 5 bonus points: Who can tell me how many planets that is?)

8. The Leeds School of Business MBA entrepreneurship program was ranked 14th in the nation in the 2005 U.S. News & World Report. We'll give CSU a little credit here I saw an ad on the side of a bus that said CSU's program was decent too.

9. Ranking by the Institute for Higher Education : CSU-Not on the list, CU-11th in the World (4 consecutive years).

10. Ranking by the Economist: CSU-Not on the list, CU-11th in the World

11. CU-Boulder ranked 2nd in Outside magazine's 40 Best Colleges in 2003 (I couldn't find any college rankings for CSU in Agriculture Today Magazine).

12. Notable Alumni:
CSU: Marylin Musgrave
CU: Robert Redford, Supreme Court Justice Byron White, Bob Beauprez,
Roy Romer, Chris Brown, Daniel Graham

13. CSU 's Professional Veterinary Medicine program is ranked second in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and is ranked first in the country in federal research dollars, and provides quality care to Rammies severely injured by stampeding buffaloes.

14. National Championships CSU: 0 CU: 22

15. Club Sport National Championships (that I could find) CSU:3 CU: 57

16. And last, but not least. Rams fans always talk about how many times they've beaten the buffs, but here's the truth: In the history of the rivalry, if you take out all the games CU won, where they allowed CSU to score, and compare it to all the wins CSU has compiled against CU, the record is CU 19 CSU 18. Yes that's right. CU has SHUT OUT CSU more times then CSU has BEATEN CU. Pure domination.

Feel free to pass this one to anyone else who you think deserves to know the truth. Enjoy the game!

He forgot one that CSU actually beat CU at: Number of graduates who became international terrorists - CU: 0, CSU: 1

Back